Page 140 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Figured i share this hear too. Hope all are safe.

This is super cute, I love their faces.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Hey guys,

I’ve cosplayed as Phoenix before but I invested in a much higher quality suit. I’m in love with it. What do you think?

Attachment 95891

Now if only I had a convention I could go to... damn COVID.

Added: I’m working on a longer sash as the one they made was way too short.
    Fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Figured i share this hear too. Hope all are safe.

Storm and Jean I love that!!!

What kind of voice do you guys imagine Jean having when you read her speech bubbles? I was a huge fan of Jennifer Hale's performance as femshep in the video game Mass Effect, so when I heard her voicing Jean in WatXM a couple years later it was a dream come true. I've pictured Jean with her voice ever since.

Revisiting my assessment panning the X-Men:Blue Marvel Girl costume...
    It’s amazing how much of a difference is made by de-emphasizing the green stripes on the legs and the treatment of the X-boots as less cowboy boots and the X gloves reading more as fingerless glove extended sleeves. Also no head means no bad haircut.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What kind of voice do you guys imagine Jean having when you read her speech bubbles? I was a huge fan of Jennifer Hale's performance as femshep in the video game Mass Effect, so when I heard her voicing Jean in WatXM a couple years later it was a dream come true. I've pictured Jean with her voice ever since.
    Since X-men TAS I associate Catherine Disher with Jean's voice. Stuck with all the X-men characters, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It’s amazing how much of a difference is made by de-emphasizing the green stripes on the legs and the treatment of the X-boots as less cowboy boots and the X gloves reading more as fingerless glove extended sleeves. Also no head means no bad haircut.
    The boots are good. It's a reference to the NXM costume and it's not like they're baggy or anything. Those sort of shoe-less costumes that are so frequent in comics are kinda weird.

MONDAY Mini-skirted Masked MARVEL Appreciation...

By Ty Romsa https://instagram.com/tyromsa?igshid=1s2gskkcgtc2p

By Lucio Parillo https://instagram.com/lucio_parrillo...=1mq9jm796x9y0

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The boots are good. It's a reference to the NXM costume and it's not like they're baggy or anything. Those sort of shoe-less costumes that are so frequent in comics are kinda weird.
    *MY* problem with this design was the weird circular oval that showcases her tummy(?). Like who in their right mind would want to incorporate a round corner with a bold outline there, of all places? Other than that, I feel this design is very well balanced. Moving the gold cross/X to collarbone and not the breasts is smart, and the breaks at wrist and ankle are contemporary. It's the bodice that makes me scratch my head.

I kind of wish the green top extended past her groin into a tunic/miniskirt, which would've bridged the Ramos design, this new one, and reference the original skirt look. I don't need bare leg in this day and age, but I like a design that goes past skin-tight color breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    *MY* problem with this design was the weird circular oval that showcases her tummy(?). Like who in their right mind would want to incorporate a round corner with a bold outline there, of all places? Other than that, I feel this design is very well balanced. Moving the gold cross/X to collarbone and not the breasts is smart, and the breaks at wrist and ankle are contemporary. It's the bodice that makes me scratch my head.

I kind of wish the green top extended past her groin into a tunic/miniskirt, which would've bridged the Ramos design, this new one, and reference the original skirt look. I don't need bare leg in this day and age, but I like a design that goes past skin-tight color breaks.
    I agree about the yellow band around the tummy. That part always confused me and it is why I don't count it as one of my fav Jean costumes though otherwise it is fairly ok. I do like the colors and it looked better with the jacket imo.

Lonnie and Zac answered some Jean-related questions on today's X-Men Monday(in regards to Nate and Jean/Bishop):

"AIPT: Do you think deep down he respects Scott and Jean as his “parents” and wants their respect in return?

Lonnie: I sort of subscribe to the way Warren Ellis treated it, where it’s like he was grateful for that–he respects Jean a lot, but he tries to remove himself from it as much as he can and tries to see himself as someone different from these people because he fundamentally is at the end of day. But to answer your question more concretely, in my mind, I think he’d probably respect Jean more than he would Scott. Because Scott’s f----d up so many times."
    "Zac: It’s hard, and especially with X-Men fans who will eat you alive, [Laughs]. They will come for you and they will devour you.

Lonnie: We still get s--t for Bishop and Jean Grey on Twitter.

Zac: I got something last night, actually, and it’s just interesting because people just come out of the woodwork. The tweet begins with “F--k you, blah, blah, blah.” To me, I love that kind of stuff because no matter what, it’s resonating with someone one way or another. There’s no fandom like that. And people are passionate as Hell and it’s just interesting that people care that much about those characters. And to be honest, we got to tell the story we wanted to tell, and what we often tell people when they’re like, I wish it was this way. OK, cool. Then go write it and work on that and get ready to do that one day, but like, I don’t want to hear your pitch, nor am I legally allowed.

AIPT: Yeah, there are definitely X-Fans who want Marvel to bring back the Jean and Bishop pairing, which is especially funny when you realize it was only in a few panels.

Lonnie: It’s also funny because I think that people who are upset are upset that Jean would make that decision based on who Bishop was in the 616. But the whole point of doing that was that it was one page to show that in this world, people’s pasts are different. Because, yeah, she wouldn’t do that based on who he is in the real world, but in this world, he has a different past. So I don’t know, it’s just interesting to see what baggage people bring themselves and how they’re not able to dissociate one realm from another."

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree about the yellow band around the tummy. That part always confused me and it is why I don't count it as one of my fav Jean costumes though otherwise it is fairly ok. I do like the colors and it looked better with the jacket imo.
    I rationalize the yellow border at the stomach as the costume being a 2 piece with that as the fringe of the “shirt”.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean Grey being all Phoenix-y from Morrison's NXM by Igor Kordey LOVELOVELOVE
    Attachment 96003
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I rationalize the yellow border at the stomach as the costume being a 2 piece with that as the fringe of the “shirt”.
    Always liked this costume and it is interesting seeing the try outs of the artist designing costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean Grey being all Phoenix-y from Morrison's NXM by Igor Kordey LOVELOVELOVE
    Attachment 96003
    You have no idea how happy I was with that issue when it originally came out. Some of us at the time speculated that Morrison was going to use Jean as phoenix, and we were pleasantly surprised to be correct.

I loved her battle with the U-men, even though it still annoys some about how brutal she was. I loved her moving their food up and down in their bodies, and stripping them of their clothes. There is so much goodness in that run, it is why I revisit it often.