Page 141 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 6479
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE when she's a little brutal...and the U-Men deserved all that and more.
    Morrison's Jean was AWESOME!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Quoted for truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No arguments here

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lonnie and Zac answered some Jean-related questions on today's X-Men Monday(in regards to Nate and Jean/Bishop):
    Nice that Lonnie and Zac take criticism really well, instead of being the victim.

nate Grey is like Damian, but he only meet his parents into adulthood. The character is messed up since day one.

Yeah I saw that many people lost the point of A Au having different backstory from 616. I just don't see a lot of difference for Jean getting back to Scott from her deciding to date Bishop

BANNED

I like Teen Jean's costume. For me, it was just the hair that was very unfortunate.

And I like Jean a little "brutal" as well. I think she is supposed to come off as terrifying now and then, just to keep her friends and enemies honest. She's a sweetheart holding back a monster of a temper when written at her best. A "just don't mess with her and she won't flip out on you", sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lonnie and Zac answered some Jean-related questions on today's X-Men Monday(in regards to Nate and Jean/Bishop):
    The funniest/saddest thing about this is that Scott shippers don't even particularly like Jean individually, especially not when she is depicted as a more modern and capable woman.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-27-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Brett White (he used to be columnist here on CBR years ago) is doing a read through of the first few issues of X-men on his instagram. He recently reviewed X-men 3. This is the fight with the Blob, but it is also the issue where Xavier thinks to himself about how he loves Jean but has no right to tell her.

This was referenced in the Onslaught story as most of us know. It was also briefly referenced in Age of X-man in one of the openings Jean and Nate close (we see part of the text but not the image and Jean appears disgusted). Xavier's romantic love for Jean was also referenced years ago in Uncanny X-men 101 (the Phoenix incident and while Jean/Phoenix is in the hospital) when Xavier says to Moira that "I cannot help this girl I once thought I loved as much as you" with the word 'loved' in emphasis. It is kind of odd that Xavier voiced this to Moira (I never see discussion about this).

I think these are the only references to Xavier's "fondness" for Jean. Is there any others that I am missing?

Edit: I think there is an issue where Scott is thinking to himself and appears to be jealous of the time Xavier and Jean are spending together and it is implied he worries Xavier cares for Jean like he does. Anyone know the issue? This is also during the early days (might be during her Marvel Girl miniskirt days).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 04-27-2020 at 04:55 PM.

I found it. It is (Uncanny) X-men 41 and Scott even wonders if Xavier is in love with Jean like he is.

Xavier tells Jean he loves her in UXM 309 but the context for that is more of a father figure. What was odd about that though as that he says I love you after he recounts his past love affair with Amelia Voght, a younger redhead that looks like Jean, which makes you wonder if his initial attraction to Jean was bc she reminded him of the love he lost

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier tells Jean he loves her in UXM 309 but the context for that is more of a father figure. What was odd about that though as that he says I love you after he recounts his past love affair with Amelia Voght, a younger redhead that looks like Jean, which makes you wonder if his initial attraction to Jean was bc she reminded him of the love he lost
    Yes! I like UXM 309 a lot.

I know this topic is weird for most, but I just thought it was interesting that it had been referenced more than just X-men 3 and the Onslaught issue where it was brought back up. I've read so many times that those were the only two times it was referenced but I was sure it wasn't accurate.

With it being referenced in Uncanny 101 you can tell Claremont (or his editors) had read the OG days. I wonder why they even went there at the time. It didn't serve much purpose other than to show how upset Xavier was at Jean's situation.

I prefer the father/daughter relationship but it is hard to ignore that Xavier once felt something for Jean (though at least she was of age then but it is creepy since he knew her as a child [see Celine Dion and her deceased husband]).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You have no idea how happy I was with that issue when it originally came out. Some of us at the time speculated that Morrison was going to use Jean as phoenix, and we were pleasantly surprised to be correct.

I loved her battle with the U-men, even though it still annoys some about how brutal she was. I loved her moving their food up and down in their bodies, and stripping them of their clothes. There is so much goodness in that run, it is why I revisit it often.
    When I first started reading X-Men, it was the NXM era. I remember reading the U-Men battle along with all the rest of her feats that era and falling in love with the character! I know people are divided on Morrison but I agree, there’s lots of goodness in the run!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBishop94 View Post
    When I first started reading X-Men, it was the NXM era. I remember reading the U-Men battle along with all the rest of her feats that era and falling in love with the character! I know people are divided on Morrison but I agree, there’s lots of goodness in the run!
    I'm sort of the New X-men mega fan on this board, but this run just spoke to me. It is the only run where I enjoyed every single issue. No issues disappointed me or made me feel like there could have been more. Each issue was satisfying. The icing on the cake was that Jean was portrayed well and had a major part in a big story.

New X-Men is my favorite era post CC's original run.
    I will never ever praise it enough.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Reading all of Dawn of X, and I’m just starting on the 3rd issue of X-Men. Does Jean ever upgrade from the Marvel Girl moniker/outdated costume?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Reading all of Dawn of X, and I’m just starting on the 3rd issue of X-Men. Does Jean ever upgrade from the Marvel Girl moniker/outdated costume?
    not yet really. the only time she's worn a different costume was in her GSXM issue
    the only book that's given her anything really substantial to do is X-Force - defo recommend. She's had decent cameo moments in X-Men, I think the 3rd issue she has a cute convo w/ Emma, and Hellions too but nothing showstopping

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm sort of the New X-men mega fan on this board, but this run just spoke to me. It is the only run where I enjoyed every single issue. No issues disappointed me or made me feel like there could have been more. Each issue was satisfying. The icing on the cake was that Jean was portrayed well and had a major part in a big story.
    I read nothing but truths, here.

Edit: If anyone is interested...WildeBeard Reviews is doing a review/recap on Morrison's NXM run issue by issue, over at YouTube.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-28-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!