Page 142 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 6479
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    not yet really. the only time she's worn a different costume was in her GSXM issue
    the only book that's given her anything really substantial to do is X-Force - defo recommend. She's had decent cameo moments in X-Men, I think the 3rd issue she has a cute convo w/ Emma, and Hellions too but nothing showstopping
    Ugh. Thanks. This regression been my biggest pet peeve with Hickman’s take thus far.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Reading all of Dawn of X, and I’m just starting on the 3rd issue of X-Men. Does Jean ever upgrade from the Marvel Girl moniker/outdated costume?
    Jean will appear in some later X-men issues but she remains Marvel Girl (issues 8 and 9- she does cameo in issue 7). Jean should also be in the latest Hickman X-men issue whenever it finally does come out (issue 10)

Like others have said, Jean is better used in X-force. It has a big cast so not every issue contains her and there are a couple issues she's in but doesn't do a whole lot. I'm hoping for more coverage in X-force in the future. I am also hoping she appears in Giant Size X-men: Storm.

I almost forgot that Jean is in Wolverine issue 1 and 2 (mostly in 1) and who knows she may have more appearances in that book.

totally forgot about her wolverine appearances! yeah not much as of yet but I'm open for more too..Percy's kinda-sorta hinted at an exploration of the Jean/Scott/Logan dynamic which is sure to be polarizing to fans . so it may or may not be exciting to you lol

I honestly don’t care for the love triangle. Let the girl be single for awhile.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Also—are Sara’s kids, Joey and Gailyn, resurrected and on the island?
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 04-28-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Also—are Sara’s kids, Joey and Gailyn, resurrected and on the island?
    we dont know. They were never confirmed to be mutants so they would be still be dead unless someone wants to make them mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    we dont know. They were never confirmed to be mutants so they would be still be dead unless someone wants to make them mutants
    Attachment 96063

I thought they were confirmed, otherwise why would Nanny want them?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Attachment 96063

I thought they were confirmed, otherwise why would Nanny want them?

Jean wasnt sure if they were mutants

With that said, I did just find this circa OZT, which seems to confirm them as mutants. X-writers really should bring them back

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What kind of voice do you guys imagine Jean having when you read her speech bubbles? I was a huge fan of Jennifer Hale's performance as femshep in the video game Mass Effect, so when I heard her voicing Jean in WatXM a couple years later it was a dream come true. I've pictured Jean with her voice ever since.
    There was an issue of WOLVERINE during Operation: Zero Tolerance where the ragtag team of X-Men on the run (Jean, Scott, Logan, Ororo, and Sam?) and they run into a visually impaired man who describes the group by his other senses' perceptions of them. He refers to Jean as having "a voice like springtime".

That description stuck in my head and Catherine Disher's run as Jean on X:TAS made such an indelible mark that seeing Disher in her live action performances jumps out at me.
    I mean this scene from FOREVER KNIGHT may as well be Jean and Logan...

LOL not this man relating Storm to "exotic spices" .... nice one. Great description of Jean's voice though

After watching this to revisit some of her portrayals I'd have to say the voice I give her in my head is a cross between Venus Terzo's and Catherine Disher's - Terzo's on its own is "too young" while Disher's is "too old". They also individually capture rquintessential aspects of her character the other doesn't cover, Terzo's crackling with a spunk and sarcasm that Disher's more gently maternal performance doesn't always capture and vice-versa

Hynden Walch's and (to my surprise) Jennifer Hale's sound the least like her voice to me

I like Molly Hagan and Laura Bailey.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I always thought Leigh Allyn Baker was the best. She was Jean's voice in X-Men Legends, and I thought she did wonderful. A lot of compassion and warmth.

I honestly don’t care for the love triangle. Let the girl be single for awhile.
    She has been single for two years, BUT if all Hickman can do is get back to the love triangle I rather let Jean continue to be single.
    This already made Hickman lost points for me, sure that the regressing doesn't help.
    The character need new definitions and fresh blood, all Hickman do is same love interest as ever and 60s personality/costune

I didn't saw any hint at the scott/jean/logan from Percy

Jean Grey by Carmen Carneo

I miss her drawing Jean. She'd make for a great artist on X-Force