Page 147 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think the part of it you where you are missing is that was Teen Jean and Wolverine is a character who has proteges similar to her version. Jean Grey in her 30s probably going to end up the way it is. Jean and Logan had a lot of development after Claremont until Jean died. Percy is also bringing the same like Morrison as friends but the Logan stabbing is weirdly toxic now and then.
    Yeah I know the continuity is different. I said it was a re-imagining. I'd have liked Jean to be his initial female protege.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah I know the continuity is different. I said it was a re-imagining. I'd have liked Jean to be his initial female protege.
    Wouldn't be that a bit too generic for Logan or X-Men in general? OML is a lot more different than Logan and I think the part of that reason is why it actually worked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She looked so badass and like a bad b*tch during that era
    And didn't she say something about taking fighting lessons from Logan, so that she could handle herself without using her powers...I always did like that look for Jean...

Wouldn't be that a bit too generic for Logan or X-Men in general? OML is a lot more different than Logan and I think the part of that reason is why it actually worked.
    I don't understand what you're saying. I started all this by saying the image of Jeen and OML led me to rethink X-Men continuity in a dramatically different way. I guess we could get into the specifics here, or I could find my link. I think Wolverine works BEST as a surly father figure. Others are bound to think otherwise. This is the Jean forum. I think Jeen offered her audience a chance to get to know her in a new POV ingenue context.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. I started all this by saying the image of Jeen and OML led me to rethink X-Men continuity in a dramatically different way. I guess we could get into the specifics here, or I could find my link. I think Wolverine works BEST as a surly father figure. Others are bound to think otherwise. This is the Jean forum. I think Jeen offered her audience a chance to get to know her in a new POV ingenue context.
    All I am saying is that Logan's protege relationships had become inadequate(lack of quality) over the last couple of decades. The reason why Jean and OML worked is that OML is a lot different character compared to Logan otherwise Teen Jean didn't even liked Logan.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-01-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Attachment 96223

Saw this on Twitter. Stunning rendition by Brandon Peterson of Jean sporting her green X-F costume but with the mask from the Archangel storyline and not that godawful skull cap! Wish artists would do more pieces focusing on this look, for her “comeback costume” in the 80s after her return it sure doesn’t get a lot of attention, the red look seems to garner all the attention when it comes to artist’s choice. Cool piece.

BANNED

All I am saying is that Logan's protege relationships had become inadequate(lack of quality) over the last couple of decades. The reason why Jean and OML worked is that OML is a lot different character compared to Logan otherwise Teen Jean didn't even liked Logan.
    Regular timeline Jean being Logan's protege wouldn't even make sense. He's a contemporary with everyone else her age. Also, someone who is forever 20-something wouldn't just hang out with 90 year olds for the rest of eternity.

Jott encourages bad takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Attachment 96223

Saw this on Twitter. Stunning rendition by Brandon Peterson of Jean sporting her green X-F costume but with the mask from the Archangel storyline and not that godawful skull cap! Wish artists would do more pieces focusing on this look, for her “comeback costume” in the 80s after her return it sure doesn’t get a lot of attention, the red look seems to garner all the attention when it comes to artist’s choice. Cool piece.
    This is fantastic. Do. Want. Sooner than "already there".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I actually love this and yes, I'm quite partial to the Red X-Factor look, but I can also admit that Green and Gold (not yellow) are Jean's colours.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The Red X-Factor suit is my favorite. The Bue & yellow too. I never liked the green & yellow one, especially with the first version, hiding the top of her hair like a "green bold spot". It was ridiculous.
    Man, I don't understand how and why Marvel could allow that atrocity... It's like the mini skirt regression... They don't get it, or they hope we'll get used to it.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    All of this the hands down best voice actor Jean's had imo, Jean's portrayal in X-men Legends 1 is one of my all time favorite across media. They combined her kindness, assertiveness, and power in such a natural way. Having her as Alison's guide and welcoming her into the X-men.

Leigh Allyn, followed closely by Jennifer Hale whose my favorite modern voice actor. Katherine Disher, I'll always remember fondly she's the first voice I heard for Jean as a kid. Unfortunately, the writers gave her not much to work with, however her Dark Phoenix voice gives me chills she sold the transformation.

Honorable mentions to Venus Terzo.
    Exactly. She did a wonderful job bringing Jean to life, and is very underrated. While I've enjoyed most of the others, no one has come close to bringing all those qualities together like Leigh. Happy to see someone else feels the same.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Attachment 96223

Attachment 96231
    Attachment 96232
    Fun fact, Jean got to wear that costume in What If? 101

I liked OML better than Logan, specially that OML weren't interested on romance, so writers had to write new kind of stories.
    of course OML and teen Grey felt fresh and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, I'm obssessed with this era, it boggles the mind that Jean wasn't Morrison's favorite. It's a statement to his writing because he captured modern Jean in a way better than anyone has since.
    For me is pretty easy to believe she wasn't his favorite
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Regular timeline Jean being Logan's protege wouldn't even make sense. He's a contemporary with everyone else her age. Also, someone who is forever 20-something wouldn't just hang out with 90 year olds for the rest of eternity.

Jott encourages bad takes.
    Yeah it would have been kinda weird to see Logan and Teen Jean(even if ignore bad writing) but if Jean would have still remained a teen then that's an entirely different story lol

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I liked OML better than Logan, specially that OML weren't interested on romance, so writers had to write new kind of stories.
    of course OML and teen Grey felt fresh and different.
    I think it has more to do with OML's past more than romance. And I didn't like how was written outside his own run for different reasons.

Ultimate Member

Well Logan is actually over 100 but physically is only like in his late 30's or so, so the age difference physically isn't really that big, much like with Captain America, who others have wanted Jean with is almost as old as Logan is in reality, he was in his 20's during the 1940's after all, which is about 80 years ago...and current Jean would not have been Logan's protégé only that he was teaching her how to fight hand to hand and such was all...

so this is is how this ended up.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/