Page 151 of 432 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 6479

I like seeing young Jean with Charles and Moira. Charles states that Cerebro is calibrated specifically to his and Jean's brainwaves.

A few months ago Uncanny X-men.net updated Jean Grey's bio and it is probably one of the best on the net (though I don't think they included that she was an omega mutant).

The Jean Grey wiki is also better than it has been in a very long time. At one time (as in many years ago) two posters here had greatly contributed to it, PhoenixStudies and SantoPejo but their edits were undone and they eventually gave up. For example they had more detail on the Morrison era and it was mostly taken out and a lot of the Phoenix stuff was removed. I noticed currently it is better and includes 'Here Comes Tomorrow' again. At one time the bio only included one sentence about the New X-men era. Yikes!

Though it still needs some work. The bio doesn't explicitly state the Phoenix merger had a portion of Jean's consciousness/psyche/soul (all three words were used in X-factor, see Inferno and Judgement War) along with the copied mind/body. This part of Jean was what was returned to her in Inferno but usually bios just focus on memories. I think this should be added. The fight with the Celestial in Judgment War could be added since the Phoenix was used and seems like most of her uses or run ins with the Phoenix is important to the character.

The wiki bio also doesn't mention X-men Forever where Jean touched the Phoenix (same story she learned she was classified as an omega mutant). The Revolution era is largely ignored, but is referenced in the powers section but citations need to be added. The Morrison era summary leaves out too much info and mostly focuses on the relationship drama (groan - the run was so much more!) Jean saving Xavier by housing his mind should definitely be added.

Some of you who are excellent writers may want to add the stuff and of course provide detailed citations. Though someone will likely challenge it and edit it out even though everything I've mentioned is from the comics (the source material), but it is the internet so there is that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey

I don't recall who but I remember once on twitter reading a creator citing uncanny x-men.net as a part of his research about characters and it surprised me that some creators may read these fan made biographies. I guess it is because some are really well done and it helps when they provide citations.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's known Moira since at least childhood she helped Charles and Moira calibrate cerebro:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like seeing young Jean with Charles and Moira. Charles states that Cerebro is calibrated specifically to his and Jean's brainwaves.

I vaguely remember an issue where Jean has dialogue where she alludes to a Secret Origin to the X-Men which included herself as a component to the founding of the team concept.
    She kinda goes "...when Professor, Moira, and I... I mean when Charles and Moira..when THEY..."

Also there was that X-Men:Vignettes story where young Jean made contact with Scott Summers in the orphanage years before they would meet.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-08-2020 at 05:04 AM.

BANNED

Sean Chen

Looks like an amagalm of her 90s suit and Phoenix costume

Its like Jean was specifically created to be rendered in watercolours...these are so stunning

I made this many many many years ago. Found it on my computer the other day.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Same, there's so many hidden gems in her history that I wish were expanded upon, this specifically might have been used to great effect during HOX/POX. But of course Hickman's focus is on all things unfortunately, Jean Grey is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Same, there's so many hidden gems in her history that I wish were expanded upon, this specifically might have been used to great effect during HOX/POX. But of course Hickman's focus is on all things unfortunately, Jean Grey is not one of them.
    So true. Jean was more involved and more instrumental early on than most people realize. I would love to see more of that. In addition, that would prove Jean's power early on to all of those disbelievers and haters, while making all of us fans cheer Jean even more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I made this many many many years ago. Found it on my computer the other day.

Oh I remember it... You were the creator of the website "Jean Grey the first X-Woman" before Nadav took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

LOVE the simplicity of Enrico Marini’s design. Even without the Phoenix symbol it’s better than most of Jean’s modern looks. Love the absence of “armor” and headgear.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-09-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Nice! I like this look. Nice blend of her 90s revolution costume and her classic Phoenix look. That's a potent combination.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Oh I remember it... You were the creator of the website "Jean Grey the first X-Woman" before Nadav took over.
    Yes, I was. I loved doing that website, but I was really bad at making it look good. The contents was good, but the page itself looked very amateurish. But still, good times.
    I remember how everyone on the Jean Grey message board were excited about what Seagle was doing with Jean.

The costume gave me Starfire vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The costume gave me Starfire vibes
    Indeed, if the light areas of the suit and the Phoenix symbol are taken as flesh, this could make for some stripperific cosplay.