Page 154 of 432 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 6479

Most people think of Jean being Phoenix as just a buildup for Dark Phoenix though, and the MCU wouldn't want to do that storyline after the DP movie.

BANNED

Be sure to vote for Ms. Grey on Marvel's twitter.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...910099456?s=19

And on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/6883542487/...8225546732488/

We especially don't want her losing to lame-ass Iron Man.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-12-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Most people think of Jean being Phoenix as just a buildup for Dark Phoenix though, and the MCU wouldn't want to do that storyline after the DP movie.
    With the 2 tepid (to be generous) response to the first 2 attempts at adapting Phoenix/Dark Phoenix on the big screen (2006 and 2019), whats the under/over for when the MCU will dip its foot into that particular pond.
    I hope Feige and Co can find a way to keep Jean interesting without prematurely jumping the gun into the "big" story.

BANNED

MCU is full of cosmic heroes like Thor and Captain Marvel. The Scarlet Witch nearly killed Thanos. Kevin Feige loves films with high stakes and spectacular special effects.

We will see Phoenix on screen as a hero.

Jean annhilated her!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Absolute goddess

My copies are packed up so I'm going to need the resources of my fellow fans here.

Is the below accurate? This was posted to FB but I don't remember it happening this way at all:

at the beginning of endsong it was already shattered. When jean grey was killed before Here Comes Tomorrow, Phoenix force was already split into billion pieces. Hence that leads to here comes tomorrow when jean grey is reborn into the future from a Phoenix egg. Even in endsong both the Phoenix force and jean grey admit that they are broken in billion pieces across 3 galaxies. Shh’ar didn’t break the Phoenix force, Jean grey’s death at the hands of Xorn in the issue prior to here comes tomorrow did. “Brought it back before its time” means that the Phoenix force is supposed to collect the pieces at the white hot room, not because it was without a host. Phoenix can LIVE and function very well without a host. But Shiar bringing one piece of it back to the universe and damaging it is what makes Phoenix weak. If you read endsong again you will that jean grey told Phoenix in the end that “we are supposed to be in the white hot room... billions of pieces across 3 galaxies” it was already in split state.

He's posted more:

a fragment of the Phoenix force is split into five. And technically Phoenix force has NEVER been whole ever since it met its first host - Feron, a magician who “projected” the essence of a multiversal Phoenix force into each universe - hence Phoenix force is technically a composite entity that is both multiversal/universal at the same time. But I don’t think many ppl know this because that comes from the very first issue about Phoenix force. But yeah the Phoenix force is not whole - it’s just one fragment of it - in AvX. It was split into billions of pieces in grant Morrison’s run as confirmed by both jean grey and Phoenix themselves in Endsong. There has been no indication that jean grey or Phoenix successfully pieces the force back together as a whole before AvX.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 05-13-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The trench coat was the most Un-Jean part of the superhero casual look of the Quitely era. Rachel is the trench coat gal. Even Emma’s was more fitting. Jean? Keep her supermodel sleek...

EDIT to add:

I did think this Vampire Looker from DCs OUTSIDERS had all kinds of Jean/Rachel vibes ...
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...VampLooker.jpg

Exactly, why I loved this look, this era and design took Jean outside of her comfort zone but more importantly Morrison wasn't afraid of addressing many of the underlying issues with the character and expanding. She's usually in something that aesthetically a copy and paste of her peers. I loved her in both the bomber jacket and trench coat, Jean was serving looks that run.

It gave Jean a modern and in your face design that made her stand out in a way not seen since the OG Phoenix look:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean annhilated her!

I'll admit I jumped a little, I'm petty that way.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-13-2020 at 01:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    My copies are packed up so I'm going to need the resources of my fellow fans here.

Is the below accurate? This was posted to FB but I don't remember it happening this way at all:

at the beginning of endsong it was already shattered. When jean grey was killed before Here Comes Tomorrow, Phoenix force was already split into billion pieces. Hence that leads to here comes tomorrow when jean grey is reborn into the future from a Phoenix egg. Even in endsong both the Phoenix force and jean grey admit that they are broken in billion pieces across 3 galaxies. Shh’ar didn’t break the Phoenix force, Jean grey’s death at the hands of Xorn in the issue prior to here comes tomorrow did. “Brought it back before its time” means that the Phoenix force is supposed to collect the pieces at the white hot room, not because it was without a host. Phoenix can LIVE and function very well without a host. But Shiar bringing one piece of it back to the universe and damaging it is what makes Phoenix weak. If you read endsong again you will that jean grey told Phoenix in the end that “we are supposed to be in the white hot room... billions of pieces across 3 galaxies” it was already in split state.

He's posted more:

a fragment of the Phoenix force is split into five. And technically Phoenix force has NEVER been whole ever since it met its first host - Feron, a magician who “projected” the essence of a multiversal Phoenix force into each universe - hence Phoenix force is technically a composite entity that is both multiversal/universal at the same time. But I don’t think many ppl know this because that comes from the very first issue about Phoenix force. But yeah the Phoenix force is not whole - it’s just one fragment of it - in AvX. It was split into billions of pieces in grant Morrison’s run as confirmed by both jean grey and Phoenix themselves in Endsong. There has been no indication that jean grey or Phoenix successfully pieces the force back together as a whole before AvX.
    I believe the Shiar blasted the Phoenix at the beginning of endsong.

For the statue collectors, Kotobukiya is making a green Phoenix statue scheduled to come out later this year, which pairs with the soon to come out Dark Phoenix statue.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...obukiya-green/

Astonishing Member

I don't expect them to do that right off the bat. We do know they work long term so when get around to the Phoenix Saga it'll likely be across a couple movies with Jean Grey in it before she switches to Dark Phoenix - which could be a trilogy unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Exactly, why I loved this look, this era and design took Jean outside of her comfort zone but more importantly Morrison wasn't afraid of addressing many of the underlying issues with the character and expanding. She's usually in something that aesthetically a copy and paste of her peers. I loved her in both the bomber jacket and trench coat, Jean was serving looks that run.

It gave Jean a modern and in your face design that made her stand out in a way not seen since the OG Phoenix look:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Morrison's Jean both written and visually (Quitely, Jimenez, Van Schiver, etc). But that look she was serving was part of the teams overall uniformed look. That would make it more "copy and paste of what her peers " than anything she's worn since the O5 training togs.

Considering we are amidst an Age of staunchly non-Phoenix Jean (post Resdurection) and consideration of Jean Grey stories that treat her timeline as more than just a preamble to Phoenix Saga and revisitation of same (MCU Jean adaptation)...
    Phoenix stories aside, what are the compelling stories/moments in the JEAN GREY SAGA?
    (Visual summary art by Alex Garcia) https://alexgarciaart.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-14-2020 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added artist credit and link

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I loved Morrison's Jean both written and visually (Quitely, Jimenez, Van Schiver, etc). But that look she was serving was part of the teams overall uniformed look. That would make it more "copy and paste of what her peers " than anything she's worn since the O5 training togs.
    The New X-Men suits were mainly team suits, but not only. They were also personalized. For exemple, you can't compare Emma's frost suit to Jean's. Obviously the color is different, but the amount of skin exposed is quite... different. Same applies for Scott and Logan.

Anyway, thanks for this image. It reminds me how rich Jean's story is.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For the statue collectors, Kotobukiya is making a green Phoenix statue scheduled to come out later this year, which pairs with the soon to come out Dark Phoenix statue.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...obukiya-green/

Nice. A bit too "manga" for me. And unfortunately, the same "mistake" as usual :
    - The Phoenix chest logo is too big for the green Phoenix suit.
    - The phoenix chest logo is the right size for the dark Phoenix suit, but shouldn't be contained one the black triangle.

I know it's just details. But in Jean's case, they're important symbolic details, showing that the Phoenix was "small" and contained, and it became huge and free when Jean became Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by franckd; 05-14-2020 at 04:50 AM.