Page 162 of 432 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    HEY FOLKS... make sure everyone is going to all 3 Marvel social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram stories & Twitter) to vote for Jean in their Battle Royale. She’s 1 battle away from entering the FINAL 2. Currently she’s up against Venom and she has a slight Attachment 96861lead in both Facebook and Twitter polls but she’s far behind on Instagram. Marvel is tallying up all the results in all of their 3 social media accounts.
    Jean was able to win and beat Venom, again due to Facebook and Twitter users (Instagram users just don't seem to be fans). She'll be going up against either Spider-Man or Thor in the final round.
    https://www.marvel.com/tournaments/m...le-royale-2020

She's against two big names especially Spiderman and beat iron Man, what a legend

What a surprise her being the only x-men character left

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Jean was able to win and beat Venom, again due to Facebook and Twitter users (Instagram users just don't seem to be fans). She'll be going up against either Spider-Man or Thor in the final round.
    It would be nice if the final round was Jean vs Thor, as Chris Claremont turned Jean Grey into Phoenix, to power her up at Thor's level. Chris wanted even Jean/Phoenix to fight Thor, but Jim Shooter would not allow him to appear in Uncanny. She Jean ended up fighting Firelord.

Im voting Thor bc I feel she'll have a better shot at beating him than Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    This was like, what, issue 5 or something? I knew right here I was done with this series. As if Storm need to be Jeansplained how telepathy works or how to be in someone's mind before. And then followed up with Storm needing to fly Jean? Oy. Everything about this series just felt ....ugh.
    #7 but yeah the series wasnt good which sucks bc it had such a great lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im voting Thor bc I feel she'll have a better shot at beating him than Spidey
    It's funny, I voted Thor too. Because Jean vs Thor was the battle CC wanted during his original Uncanny run. So this would be like a kind of nod to that missed opportunity.

There's no question Jean would beat Spidey in a physical matchup, but if she goes up against Thor, I can concede she'd lose in a battle right now. In addition to his regular powers, Thor is the current All-Father of Asgard (and thus has the Odin-Force/Thor-Force) AND he's the current herald of Galactus (and thus also wields the Power Cosmic).

If it's just the fan vote i hope she goes against Thor instead of Spiderman

In a real fight, if we use Standard base Thor, i think she can pull a win 4/10 if she uses her pink form, also Thor's tp defenses all over the place.

Also didn't Rachel did well against him during AvX?

Speaking of which

What was this?

There's no question Jean would beat Spidey in a physical matchup, but if she goes up against Thor, I can concede she'd lose in a battle right now. In addition to his regular powers, Thor is the current All-Father of Asgard (and thus has the Odin-Force/Thor-Force) AND he's the current herald of Galactus (and thus also wields the Power Cosmic).
    I don't know but Thor sounds sort of maybe just a little bit overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    If Jean had his power level, I think Marvel would mandate her to become insane and then die. Or they would simply de-power her. I guess only males can be over-powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    He and Galactus are teaming up so they can defeat something called the Black Winter, which destroys whole universes. There's no way they're going to keep Thor this powered up for long.

Speaking of which

What was this?
    I cant find anything about this anywhere..spooky

Speaking of which

What was this?
    I've been reading X-Men comics since the 90s, and I don't recall this. The date is also like a year after Morrison killed off Jean, and Marvel was insistent on keeping her that way. The only Jean related series they had after that was Endsong. Anyway, given how there's nothing about it online, I think it's some fan art.

I've been reading X-Men comics since the 90s, and I don't recall this. The date is also like a year after Morrison killed off Jean, and Marvel was insistent on keeping her that way. The only Jean related series they had after that was Endsong. Anyway, given how there's nothing about it online, I think it's some fan art.
    I think it's maybe a fan edit of an unrelated image, adding the phoenix logo and shadow, and title.

EDIT : or I am wrong and it's simply fan-art : it's filed under "deviant-art" in this website :
    https://flamesofgray.wordpress.com/c...y/deviant-art/

Whats worse is that she's ripped straight out of the 60s and they didnt even try to modernize her. Logan, Cyclops and Magneto are all back to wearing variations of past costumes but they've at least given them tweaks that improve upon the originals. Jean just looks sorely outdated
    Even fans try to modernize the skirt look.

Last edited by franckd; 05-21-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Attachment 96894

Fighting with Thor requires a lot of resistence