Page 173 of 432 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6479
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

full page
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Always appreciate your Masked Marvel Monday's, Thirteen! She looks great.
    Thank You. Just appreciating a sartorial mutant moment.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

full page
    Dr Jean Grey:Psychotherapist x-Traordinaire!!!!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 06-01-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Jean as a career psychotherapist circles back (fortunately or unfortunately) to the concept of the Phoenix “burning away lies and what doesn’t work”...

Besides the aforementioned Jessica Jones, Gentle, and then”rough” sessions with Emma Frost, where have we seen the special X-Brand of Jean Therapy?

More Jean Grey's Greatness

Attachment 97237

Attachment 97238

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Jean as a career psychotherapist circles back (fortunately or unfortunately) to the concept of the Phoenix “burning away lies and what doesn’t work”...

Besides the aforementioned Jessica Jones, Gentle, and then”rough” sessions with Emma Frost, where have we seen the special X-Brand of Jean Therapy?

We didn’t see it but she was working with Psylocke after her recent body switch

Take it with a grain of salt.

spoilers:
    So from a scooper extraordinaire it looks like the MCU roster will be a Giant Size inspired team. Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl, Thunderbird, Nightrawler, Havok, Sunfire. One of the plots is they fight Omega Flight (alpha flight?) to rescue Weapon X and they also go on a mission to Krakoa. Yes Xavier has a school.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by 5cents; 06-02-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt.

spoilers:
    So from a scooper extraordinaire it looks like the MCU roster will be a Giant Size inspired team. Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl, Thunderbird, Nightrawler, Havok, Sunfire. One of the plots is they fight Omega Flight (alpha flight?) to rescue Weapon X and they also go on a mission to Krakoa. Yes Xavier has a school.
    end of spoilers
    Who knows what will happen when we ever get another X-men film. There have been numerous rumors. .

Personally I would love a movie starting with the original X-men (the actual 05 and not a variant of) but set up the all-new, all-different team by the end (having Scott and Jean stay with the new recruits). This way you include Beast, Iceman, and Angel but also include the more diverse All New, All different team who happens to have the X-men's biggest stars: Wolverine and Storm.

Considering the direction of the current X-men comics it would be cool to have a Krakoa inspired story for the Marvel X-men films, but they could do a take on it even without Krakoa and have some other reason for the 05 to recruit new members.

But I expect when we do get a movie the cast will probably be a mix of characters from throughout the comic book runs.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

My ideal X-Men movie in the MCU would be quite literally an adaptation of Dennis Hallum's X-Men Season One. Replace Wanda and Pietro with Billy and Teddy, and bam. It's the easiest thing to adapt with a 1:1 ratio.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    My ideal X-Men movie in the MCU would be quite literally an adaptation of Dennis Hallum's X-Men Season One. Replace Wanda and Pietro with Billy and Teddy, and bam. It's the easiest thing to adapt with a 1:1 ratio.
    I dont think a good idea would be to replace one of the few females in the story for a male

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think a good idea would be to replace one of the few females in the story for a male
    Can't exactly use Wanda if she already exists.

Could also use Polaris in place of her if they wanted to, and I'd probably also replace Angel with Storm the more I think about it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Can't exactly use Wanda if she already exists.

Could also use Polaris in place of her if they wanted to, and I'd probably also replace Angel with Storm the more I think about it.
    Wanda barely appears in that story. In fact she has a total of one line. If the purpose is to have the Brotherhood in there, than yeah another female would make more sense especially since she would just be a stand in as Wanda is nonessential to the story. I just think having a team of all men finding another team of all men with Jean as the only female isnt a good look. There is enough wiggle room to make changes to those non-essential characters to make the lineup more diverse

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wanda barely appears in that story. In fact she has a total of one line. If the purpose is to have the Brotherhood in there, than yeah another female would make more sense especially since she would just be a stand in as Wanda is nonessential to the story. I just think having a team of all men finding another team of all men with Jean as the only female isnt a good look. There is enough wiggle room to make changes to those non-essential characters to make the lineup more diverse
    That's very true! My thought was to switch out Wanda and Pietro for characters with similar powers that are rumored to exist in the MCU going forward after Wandavision. But they don't actually need to use the same lineup for the Brotherhood that was in Season One at all and it might even be smarter for them not to; they could have Rogue as a part of it and she joins the X-Men later for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Who knows what will happen when we ever get another X-men film. There have been numerous rumors. .

Personally I would love a movie starting with the original X-men (the actual 05 and not a variant of) but set up the all-new, all-different team by the end (having Scott and Jean stay with the new recruits). This way you include Beast, Iceman, and Angel but also include the more diverse All New, All different team who happens to have the X-men's biggest stars: Wolverine and Storm.

Considering the direction of the current X-men comics it would be cool to have a Krakoa inspired story for the Marvel X-men films, but they could do a take on it even without Krakoa and have some other reason for the 05 to recruit new members.

But I expect when we do get a movie the cast will probably be a mix of characters from throughout the comic book runs.
    I think it would be really disappointing for the most diverse superhero franchise to go with it’s all white initial roster (and including the all-different team as add-ons/ side characters does not make up for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it would be really disappointing for the most diverse superhero franchise to go with it’s all white initial roster (and including the all-different team as add-ons/ side characters does not make up for it).
    Well I was thinking along the lines similar to the rumors where we start with 05 but something happens where they have to recruit others and by the end you have a newly formed team. It could be like Giant Size 1 where it’s more about the new diverse team than the 05 (who spend most of the time captured).

There are so many iterations of the team it will be interesting to see who they pick to start with. Who are the quintessential X-men and will they want to go with different characters than we’ve already seen in other X-men films? To me the must haves are Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops. I want to put Jean in the list too.