Page 212 of 432 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think that the other one was Elle Fanning, but Saoirse might have been on the run for the role too. The conceptual art has Elle face.
    Choose a actress with basis of instagram followers must be the really a thing fox movies would do, really dumb. it didn't made any of the 2 movies a box office success

Sophie was really miscast "oh she is a redhead on game of throne so why not a redhead Jean grey", with a really bad writing and directions. So I'm not suprised it fell through.
    I think people really wanted to see the old cast coming back and not a new teenage cast too.
    The original cast was old and were never realistically coming back. DOFP was about giving them closure, not bringing them back to the forefront. The only logical step after DOFP would have been a new young cast, which they did. The only other option I could have seen them to do would be a present day film with the older cast serving as mentors to a new team of young X-men. The New Mutants could have worked for that but they had other plans

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The original cast was old and were never realistically coming back. DOFP was about giving them closure, not bringing them back to the forefront. The only logical step after DOFP would have been a new young cast, which they did. The only other option I could have seen them to do would be a present day film with the older cast serving as mentors to a new team of young X-men. The New Mutants could have worked for that but they had other plans
    It would give a better follow up having the older mentoring a new generation

It would give a better follow up having the older mentoring a new generation
    They wrote themselves into a corner though as they had already used most of the major X-men and there really wouldnt have been much to use in the concept I mentioned. Thats why I said New Mutants, and at that point, tis not an "X-Men" movie but rather a NM with the OGs serving as supporting to introduce and push them forward. Thats one of the reasons they went forward with Apocalypse, bc staying in the past gave them the freedom and a pretty flexible cast of A-list X-men to choose from

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think if they make a Trilogy in the MCU they can make the third one with Jean as the real Green Phoenix, so at least the fans can get a movie with the real history and design of a Phoenix Jean Grey
    I am team green Phoenix!
    About Ororo, I'd love to see her arc with the Morlocks. But that's out of topic here. So let's say I'd love her friendship with Jean on screen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    DP and Apocalypse were bad movies. Put a different actress in the role and the films would still suck. Famke was amazing as Jean yet The Last Stand was also abysmal.
    Agreed, both were horrible and tarnished the X-Men's reputation. The Last Stand had problems but I'll say that it's still far superior because the actors there were top-notch even when written badly.

I think that the other one was Elle Fanning, but Saoirse might have been on the run for the role too. The conceptual art has Elle face.
    Choose a actress with basis of instagram followers must be the really a thing fox movies would do, really dumb. it didn't made any of the 2 movies a box office success

Sophie was really miscast "oh she is a redhead on game of throne so why not a redhead Jean grey", with a really bad writing and directions. So I'm not suprised it fell through.
    I think people really wanted to see the old cast coming back and not a new teenage cast too.
    This just shows had bad the FoX-Men films are that they literally cast their characters based on Instagram followers. To think some X-Fans are totally devoted to the FoX-Men though and think the MCU should never have gotten the rights back lol.

And I agree with Cruelrain that this was a blessing in disguise because we would have lost Saoirse to the FoX-Men had they not cast that way. Now, we still have a chance to get her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m kind of worried that they won’t know what to do with Jean without the Phoenix though.
    I think they will bring the Phoenix back but it'll be a slow burn. Something they build up to like Thanos rather than try and fulfill in one or two films.

I was asking myself a genuine question about the appreciation threads. I'm all for free speech. But does appreciation thread also means "hate threats" against any other character?
    I have noticed that here, for example, our love for Jean turns sometimes into hate for Emma (or other characters). And the same can apply for Emma's appreciation thread, that sometimes turns into a "hate against Jean thread".

I humanely don't understand it. Maybe because I genuinely have no hate for any character. So it's something I havent experienced and that I'm really trying to understand. It feels completely strange to me. There are some characters I don't like, obviously, like Kid Cable. But not to point to constantly bash him.

Anyway, that's why I will always prefer love over hate. I don't get hateful people. And that's also why I love Jean so much. She's not the hateful type. Being able to forgive Emma, and Mastermind for exemple, is imo, what makes the character so fascinating. Jean is able to have a temper (it's something that I understand, I have mine too) but she doesn't fuel on hate, she doesn't thrive on anger or revenge. She's above that.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I am team green Phoenix!
    About Ororo, I'd love to see her arc with the Morlocks. But that's out of topic here. So let's say I'd love her friendship with Jean on screen this time.
    Me three! I am "Green Jean Team" all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think they will bring the Phoenix back but it'll be a slow burn. Something they build up to like Thanos rather than try and fulfill in one or two films.
    Which would be okay as long as they do not show Jean as being weak or hardly used prior to burning up as Phoenix. Jean should be portrayed as smart, tough, powerful, considerate, loyal and with leadership skills.

BANNED

If they do try to do the Phoenix saga yet again, they should at least put Jean in something that somewhat resembles her iconic costume rather than giving her that trenchcoat again. The MCU has done pretty well with the more colorful and comic-inspired costumes and it'd be a nice contrast with Fox's drab and "practical" looks. Also, being a selfish fan I would want them to center the entire story around Jean from the get go, so we can follow her character as she joins the X-Men, develops her powers and relationships, transforms into the Phoenix, and takes her turn to the dark side. That would make the story a lot more emotionally resonant and relatable than just having this secondary cast member go crazy out of the blue, without ever explaining why we should care about her. Presumably, Marvel will not want to create another series of films that centers around Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto again, and it'd be unwise to make Cyclops the central character of the franchise as there are already so many Avengers movies that focus on square jawed macho bros. Jean would have a bit of overlap with Captain Marvel in terms of her powers and appearance, but they are pretty different personality wise and it might actually be a good thing if they want to do some type of crossover and bring the Shi'ar into the cosmic fold. This probably won't happen until several years down the line anyway though, I can't imagine that Marvel is in too much of a rush to reboot the X-Men films so soon after the last series fizzled out.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If they do try to do the Phoenix saga yet again, they should at least put Jean in something that somewhat resembles her iconic costume rather than giving her that trenchcoat again. The MCU has done pretty well with the more colorful and comic-inspired costumes and it'd be a nice contrast with Fox's drab and "practical" looks. Also, being a selfish fan I would want them to center the entire story around Jean from the get go, so we can follow her character as she joins the X-Men, develops her powers and relationships, transforms into the Phoenix, and takes her turn to the dark side. That would make the story a lot more emotionally resonant and relatable than just having this secondary cast member go crazy out of the blue, without ever explaining why we should care about her. Presumably, Marvel will not want to create another series of films that centers around Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto again, and it'd be unwise to make Cyclops the central character of the franchise as there are already so many Avengers movies that focus on square jawed macho bros. Jean would have a bit of overlap with Captain Marvel in terms of her powers and appearance, but they are pretty different personality wise and it might actually be a good thing if they want to do some type of crossover and bring the Shi'ar into the cosmic fold. This probably won't happen until several years down the line anyway though, I can't imagine that Marvel is in too much of a rush to reboot the X-Men films so soon after the last series fizzled out.
    No. More. Trenchcoat.

The MCU seems to be more loyal to the comic books suit than Fox, so I keep faith that they will embrace Jean as Phoenix's icon/imagery, and not give a "semi" like Fox movies die with The Last Stand & Dark Phoenix.

Astonishing Member

Jean Grey from an X-men/Hulk mini-series where she wa retconned into being the first She-Hulk. Kind of.

whoa weird. nice deep cut . won't be able to rest till I find it now

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Which would be okay as long as they do not show Jean as being weak or hardly used prior to burning up as Phoenix. Jean should be portrayed as smart, tough, powerful, considerate, loyal and with leadership skills.
    After the early flack Marvel got from their female characters, I can't see them making that mistake with Jean now. But I hope their interest in drawing inspiration from the 90s cartoon doesn't mean they draw inspiration for Jean from that show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I agree that Cyclops frankly would be more of the same and he does not offer anything new. The future is female, racially diverse, and LGBT friendly. We need Jean and Storm at the forefront with Jean as the heart and soul of the team and Storm as the leader. I think Jean would differ from Captain Marvel because her powers are more a mix of Carol's and Wanda's so she isn't a straight copy of either of them. And I'd love to see the X-Men go cosmic for once especially if GOTG is over with the third film. I've heard some people suggest they should use the GOTG instead of the Starjammers in the Phoenix Saga or any other storylines like that with the X-Men in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Jean Grey from an X-men/Hulk mini-series where she wa retconned into being the first She-Hulk. Kind of.

She looks good in green.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    She looks good in green.
    Yes. Green and red (orange) are matching colors. No wonder why Jean had green suits many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Where is this from?