Page 216 of 432 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think that cover delivery means something. Inferno wasn’t over until Jean retook the Phoenix fragment Maddy had after Massey killed herself. Maddy was always more than just a Jean Grey clone. She was a Phoenix fragment. Even the captions in X-Man referred to her as a smoldering ember of the star spanning Phoenix force fanned to full flames by Nate Grey’s lonely desperation.
    Madelyne might have been more than a clone of Jean Grey but she was not a Phoenix fragment. Madelyne was living but inert until Phoenix/Jean Grey sacrificed herself on the moon and Jean's tainted life force was sent back to her with the intention of reviving her as she laid at the bottom of Jamaica Bay -- Jean Rejected the Phoenix Fragment and the memories that came with it and both went to directly to Madelyne bring her consciousness instead.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-28-2020 at 01:48 PM.

It is involved but yes going by the retcon Jean's mind and body was copied but the Jean/Phoenix merger but the merger also had a part of Jean's soul and/or consciousness (both word has been used at different times) and the portion of Jean's soul ultimately went inside Maddie and it was this part that Jean regained in Inferno which gave her both Maddie's and Phoenix's memories and personalities (she later dispelled their personalities but the memories remained). I love this part of the retcon because it means a part of Jean was inside the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas (even though it is not always remembered like in the secret history of the Marvel Universe or in X-men Grand Design, but has been mentioned elsewhere like in X-factor and also in Uncanny when Jean proposed to Scott, or even more recently referenced in X-men Red when Jean said she was part of it ("it" being the Dark Phoenix) among other times.

It was said in Inferno, in Uncanny X-men, and X-factor that Maddie and Phoenix were incarnations of Jean or parts of her. I do realize the Maddie part is controversial because she was supposed to be her own character and she was character assassinated. Even JDW has said that Inferno made Jean, Phoenix, and Maddie the same character however Maddie has come back and had future moments separate from Jean.

It is a cluster and it is so soap opera-ish with "the evil clone" trope and for Jean who essentially had two when you count both Goblin Queen and Dark Phoenix. I def. understand being upset with how Maddie was handled in Inferno (making her try to kill her own son was beyond the pale).

Attachment 97985

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Thank you, Thirteen! I tried to find with google and didn't come up with anything. Do you happen to have the full image?
    I remember being so disappointed with the ruse, but I was happy about Colossus being brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Full variant cover to Hellions 3 has been unveiled. Even if the cover has no bearing on the story, it’s still a very cool piece.

Attachment 97983
    So Jean is stuck in the minidress because an enraged Maddie destroyed all of her other outfits lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Thank you, Thirteen! I tried to find with google and didn't come up with anything. Do you happen to have the full image?
    I remember being so disappointed with the ruse, but I was happy about Colossus being brought back.
    The imagery just can't be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So Jean is stuck in the minidress because an enraged Maddie destroyed all of her other outfits lol
    LOL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Madelyne might have been more than a clone of Jean Grey but she was not a Phoenix fragment. Madelyne was living but inert until Phoenix/Jean Grey sacrificed herself on the moon and Jean's tainted life force was sent back to her with the intention of reviving her as she laid at the bottom of Jamaica Bay -- Jean Rejected the Phoenix Fragment and the memories that came with it and both went to directly to Madelyne bring her consciousness instead.
    Meaning Maddie’s very consciousness was a Phoenix fragment. She had Jean’s most important memories from the moment she awoke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Meaning Maddie’s very consciousness was a Phoenix fragment. She had Jean’s most important memories from the moment she awoke.
    Essentially, yes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Some Jean insights from Mahmud Asrar

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/29/x-...-mahmud-asrar/
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some Jean insights from Mahmud Asrar

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/29/x-...-mahmud-asrar/
    Thanks. I love creators that love Jean and its refreshing to hear more of their voices in Dawn of X

BANNED

Don't know whether this was posted before but it was done by Fred Ian

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

Beautiful! Love the style and coloring here. Jean's hair is incredible in the first one.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Artists need to concentrate on how to draw feet properly...in various styles of footwear and bare.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Artists need to concentrate on how to draw feet properly...in various styles of footwear and bare.
    Still too many learn to draw from other artists, rather than from life, it always shows, to a trained eye, no matter how pretty your colours or neat your tech.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Don't know whether this was posted before but it was done by Fred Ian

She looks like Charlize Theron.