Page 22 of 432 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In-universe it must have been like... 3 or 4 years lol xD
    That still a lot, specially for kids that move on so fast

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

In-universe it must have been like... 3 or 4 years lol xD
    Yup, maybe even less, even if in real life it felt like forever.

It is insane to think that more or less 60 years of X-men story translate to just 10 years on the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-17-2020 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

Ha, well, I'm pro-resurrections though. When I mention the comparison with the Phoenix retcon I mean as in that Phoenix-Jean should count too, not that the current Jean shouldn't. But it is technically cloning.
    I totally agree. And I make no distinction between Phoenix and Jean, even as Marvel dudes try sooooo hard to make readers forget it was her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I totally agree. And I make no distinction between Phoenix and Jean, even as Marvel dudes try sooooo hard to make readers forget it was her story.
    A failed effort since no matter how many times Wolverine, THOR, Cyclops, etc get the phoenix, it will always be tied to Jean. Though I don't mind Jean having the Phoenix and the Pink form as two separate power ups

BANNED

The funny thing is that because Jean is so iconic, she's given the whole idea of the Phoenix a distinctively female energy. So trying to give your macho alpha superhero the Phoenix Force is kind of like giving him the power of the moon or the magic of friendship or something like that, it just doesn't feel right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The funny thing is that because Jean is so iconic, she's given the whole idea of the Phoenix a distinctively female energy.
    That's exactly why they have been trying to undo her legacy with it. I bet Rosenberg freaking loved Cyclops Phoenix.

We know Hickman does. Hix made him White Phoenix.

Phoenix was always very tied to Jean and rachel, it was always something more feminine.

Lately even wolverine got to be a Phoenix. It got more masculine for sure

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think there is any conspiracy with the phoenix
    some writers just think it is a cool power and don't think much about what is behind or where it comes from. It is bad but I don't think it is something intentional.

Even Aaron that used the phoenix on thor and wolverine still presented it as a woman on Jane's thor run and he made the cavewoman phoenix lady. So it seems it is still something associated with feminity

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think there is any conspiracy with the phoenix
    some writers just think it is a cool power and don't think much about what is behind or where it comes from. It is bad but I don't think it is something intentional.

Even Aaron that used the phoenix on thor and wolverine still presented it as a woman on Jane's thor run and he made the cavewoman phoenix lady. So it seems it is still something associated with feminity
    I think it's annoying since they always try to separate it from Jean saying it's bad for her blah, blah, But then give it to other people like it was some green lantern ring. Also I don't think male characters taking feminine powers or motifs is a bad thing. characters like Wiccan, Steven Universe, Zachary Zatara, etc are mostly fine and make it work.
    Last edited by starduck; 01-19-2020 at 12:28 AM.

I guess Jean might be on the children of the atom book mentoring the new kid who seems to emulate her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I guess Jean might be on the children of the atom book mentoring the new kid who seems to emulate her powers.
    I expect she may appear or at least be discussed by the younger characters. It would be interesting to see Jean mentor young mutants again (we saw some of it in X-factor).

We are mid January and next month we will have Giant Sized X-men Jean Grey and Emma Frost as well as Wolverine 1. I can't wait to see Jean in Wolverine since Percy is the writer. From the art previews we've seen from Adam Kubert it does appear Jean will be involved in some action in Wolverine.

I'm really excited for Giant Size but mostly for the art. I hope Hickman does well with Jean and Emma. I think to be successful he needs to show both strength and vulnerability for both characters. They have a complicated past and a lot to unpack but they may already be beyond all that - a growth that happened off panel. This may show them as a powerful force who will use their telepathy in tandem to save Storm. It would be nice if they do use their powers together.

Leah Williams and JDW both in the past (on twitter) described Jean as a sledgehammer and Emma as a scalpel when it comes to their respective telepathic powers. I can see Jean as a sledgehammer but Jean's telepathy has been shown to be intricate and complex on multiple occasions. I would see Jean as very precise as well. I do like the idea of Jean having more raw power and being a psychic powerhouse but Jean is also skilled in the use of her powers (now having been trained by both Xavier and Emma Frost). Not to say Emma is not skilled or even more skilled since she is presumed to be older.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Idk if the characters they're inspired by will really have a presence in the book... It would be nice but I'm not counting on it. But she'll probably make a guest appearance at least.

Idk if the characters they're inspired by will really have a presence in the book... It would be nice but I'm not counting on it. But she'll probably make a guest appearance at least.
    It was mentioned sidekicks and the model they ar using is something like young justic/teen titans.

Last edited by spirit2011; 01-20-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love that Jean inspired one of those kids. Its kinda cute.

I just noticed that his visors resemble the Marvel Girl mask.