Page 228 of 432 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 6479
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't understand the connection to mangas.

Best part imo was that Jean was in command of the situation.

I love it.
    I was trying to mention why IMO mangas [the Japanese equivalent of comics, if you didn't know] are inherently better and avoid the underlying problems [this issue for a case in point] that a lot of people have with mainstream comics these days.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean showed sexual agency. She made the moves, not Logan, so I don't really get what people have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jean’s also been with Bishop.
    paralel universe that writers forget and didn't got any development. doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean showed sexual agency. She made the moves, not Logan, so I don't really get what people have a problem with.
    It's a fake sexual agency. she is being written by a man. Logan sexual harassed her for years, so in the end sexual harassment just won.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Manga literally has underage girls half-naked or flashing their panties, or male characters being straight up sexual maniacs, but people see Jean boning Logan (and with her husband's agreement, since he does the same) and people be like "wow so immoral, manga is definitely the morally superior form of art".
    Lmao. I like the way you got to extremes and other stuff like [coughHENTAIcough] to somehow argue against what I said. Thats really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    I was trying to mention why IMO mangas [the Japanese equivalent of comics, if you didn't know] are inherently better and avoid the underlying problems [this issue for a case in point] that a lot of people have with mainstream comics these days.
    But I don't understand what Jean in X-Force has to do with it.

BANNED

Lmao. I like the way you got to extremes and other stuff like [coughHENTAIcough] to somehow argue against what I said. Thats really interesting
    I don't need to go to extremes, just opening the best-sellers on mangaplus and seeing high school superheroes showing some big badonkers or asses thick with a capital T. That's far from being "extreme".
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 07-08-2020 at 11:16 AM.

just how things happen in here

usually they have more character development and less fanservice (only to 6 people on twitter that writers think are the fandom) that is why they sell more. My hero academia sell a lot more than X-men comics for example, it is a lot more popular with kids.

I don't respect the polyamory stuff, why does Jean have to be chained to Cyclops, but it is what it is.

It's not just hentai, My Hero Academia is full of underage girls with boobs on display and the trope of the funny pervent moments.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But I don't understand what Jean in X-Force has to do with it.
    In a nutshell, Jean illustrating why OOC is so rampant in mainstream comics due to several reasons that are relatively avoided in mangas and graphic novels.
    For example, numerous writers putting their own twist on a character because they feel there is no other avenue to go to, so you have no single feel for the character and gimmicks are mistaken for character progression. Avoided when it is single creator-owned.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean feeling a deep physical attraction was established after Giant-Size and before the O5 (minus Cyclops) left the X-Men. I've seen the Classic X-Men panel that has Jean establishing the temptation she felt around Wolverine. While Logan often got inappropriate with Jean, she was often quick to put him in his place, and that approach was an unfortunate byproduct of that era.

Extraordinary Member

In a nutshell, Jean illustrating why OOC is so rampant in mainstream comics due to several reasons that are relatively avoided in mangas and graphic novels.
    For example, numerous writers putting their own twist on a character because they feel there is no other avenue to go to, so you have no single feel for the character and gimmicks are mistaken for character progression. Avoided when it is single creator-owned.
    Creator owned comics have a beginning, middle and end.

Mainstream comics don’t. So of course it’s like that.

What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't respect the polyamory stuff, why does Jean have to be chained to Cyclops, but it is what it is.
    The problem is why Jean has to be chained to Scott and/or Logan all the time?

I wonder when writers will really start writing for jean and not to give manpain to any other man. we already saw on wolverine solo Jean being temporarially killed to give Scott and Wolverine some manpain.
    same boring story all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Creator owned comics have a beginning, middle and end.

Mainstream comics don’t. So of course it’s like that.

What did you expect?
    that isn't excuse for bad writing.

I mean, okay, that makes more sense but it's just how the media works. I thought you meant the "dirty" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean feeling a deep physical attraction was established after Giant-Size and before the O5 (minus Cyclops) left the X-Men. I've seen the Classic X-Men panel that has Jean establishing the temptation she felt around Wolverine. While Logan often got inappropriate with Jean, she was often quick to put him in his place, and that approach was an unfortunate byproduct of that era.
    Jean was retconned to be attracted to him, mostly Claremont played with it.

abuse is still abuse even if the victim fight.