Page 242 of 432 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    but it has been that way since the beginning of Hickman, everything and nothing is possible, there will be no progress in the characters and we will be caught in this dynamic of "revelations" because they are shocking and that is what matters.
    I understand your point of view that the fact that a stalker gets his prize is disgusting, but the fact is that the story is not over and we don't know what will happen next.
    The writers want the easy way: to troll and people accept hat because they are shippers. Nothing against shippers but they often accept bad quality writing just because their ships happen.

so yeah only relvelations matter, Percy did some good chaarcter work on this issue but went suicide mode when he did Jean with Logan from nowhere. he handled Jean love life really bad

yeah sexual harassers shouldn't get their prize, that is condone abusive behavior. Same for Cyclops getting away with cheating

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I never said it was a character development. I said it was a hint. You call hint "jokes", yet you denied that house scheme and were so vocal about it. Yet, it was under your nose to see.
    everyone here is treating it as character development. hint mean zero for character development, it happen or not, in jean case: it never happened

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    but these aren't character developments. these aren't even hints, they were jokes.

people now think a house scheme is a character development

now i hope for Jean and gambit, Jean and Fantomex too if being attracted equal having sex
    Then we’ll get Jean/Gambit/Rogue and Jean/Fantomex/Betsy

By George, I think he’s got it!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone here is treating it as character development. hint mean zero for character development, it happen or not, in jean case: it never happened
    Quotes and source. If not, it's just a biased and false opinion of what everyone think. Not everyone is treating a house scheme as a character development. I don't.
    And I disagree, hints are really important in a story. When comes the revelation, hints make the revelation logical. Hint : Northstar during Byrne's Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Then we’ll get Jean/Gambit/Rogue and Jean/Fantomex/Betsy

By George, I think he’s got it!!!!!!!!!!!
    betsy isn't with fantomex, Rogue would never accept.

I don't how people think it is so fun, it is so boring. it takes all stakes from true relationships

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Quotes and source. If not, it's just a biased and false opinion of what everyone think. Not everyone is treating a house scheme as a character development. I don't.
    And I disagree, hints are really important in a story. When comes the revelation, hints make the revelation logical. Hint : Northstar during Byrne's Alpha Flight.
    [Hints for me are just hints until confirmation, it still came out of nothere because it ddn't had chaarcter being developped.
    Kitty still straight and other characters hinted too.

Speaking of AOA Jean and Logan, I got the Marvel Legends AOA Jean Grey and Nate Gray the other day. I also got Morph. I still lack Weapon X (Wolverine). The AOA Jean figure looks really good. My partner and brother were annoyed that in all these figures Jean's hair is kind of reddish-brown instead of deep red but I love all the figures so far. I don't mind the more realistic red hair.

Fantastic Member

The writers want the easy way: to troll and people accept hat because they are shippers. Nothing against shippers but they often accept bad quality writing just because their ships happen.

so yeah only relvelations matter, Percy did some good chaarcter work on this issue but went suicide mode when he did Jean with Logan from nowhere. he handled Jean love life really bad

yeah sexual harassers shouldn't get their prize, that is condone abusive behavior. Same for Cyclops getting away with cheating

That is something that unfortunately no longer surprises me in fiction, specifically with Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    That is something that unfortunately no longer surprises me in fiction, specifically with Logan.
    The worse that recently there was episodes of Logan harassing other women. He didn't really learn his lesson.

Marvel universe has hundreds of male characters availiable, for some reason for jean there is only Scott and Logan.

All-New Member

Reading through the threads, wanted to share some advice. If you don't like this development, just treat it as fan fiction because that's what it really is IMO. That helps.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    Reading through the threads, wanted to share some advice. If you don't like this development, just treat it as fan fiction because that's what it really is IMO. That helps.
    Cheers!
    maybe being fanfic this would have been better written. I was reading some fanfic about a tv ship and they had more chaarcter detail than this.

There really is APPARENTLY little character development under Hickman but it is because he is a huge world builder. Sometimes too much. He takes like 50 issues to write a 20 issue story but it all always pays off in the end and the main characters all get their due.

maybe being fanfic this would have been better written. I was reading some fanfic about a tv ship and they had more character detail than this.
    Its a sad state of affairs when fanfics do better than the source material.

it is possible do world building and character development. tv shows, movies, do it all at the same time
    Hickman just isn't interested in develop characters

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Its a sad state of affairs when fanfics do better than the source material.
    Exactly
    I feel x-books only want the shock value to get sales, even if they have been falling down since relaunch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    There really is APPARENTLY little character development under Hickman but it is because he is a huge world builder. Sometimes too much. He takes like 50 issues to write a 20 issue story but it all always pays off in the end and the main characters all get their due.
    That sounds like eating this shit while the real food arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    But X-force isn't being handled by Hickman, I mean I agree he does great worldbuilding but he also handles individuals rather well I mean look at Moira, Destiny, Xavier, Lenssher or Mystique. Under his banner, he has done great with them IMO.

But in X-force, that whole Jean/Logan thing just didn't get developed it was just there with no real build-up to it and frankly I didn't care for it, but that may just be me since I was done with the Summers/Grey/Howlett triangle ages ago and wanted nothing to do with it.

TBH I've just stopped caring about Jean and her utter lack of development.

I feel x-books only want the shock value to get sales, even if they have been falling down since relaunch.
    You also felt that Jean Grey was afraid of the U-Men in New X-Men, and yet you were 100% wrong. Anyway, using the falling down sales to prove your point was biased yesterday, and still is today. You love Claremont runs, yet his sales for his three latest X-men runs (Revolution, X-Treme, Reloaded) never stopped falling down too...