Page 244 of 432 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 6479

My old man always used to say, “Son, you’re entitled to your own set of opinions, but not your own set of facts.” Jean and Logan being attracted to one another for decades is a fact. Not an opinion. Them kissing on panel, and it being implied that maybe they did even more than that, also fact. Now, them being lovers is a fact.

It’s fine for folks not to like it. But to claim it came out of left field and is out of character or to pretend it didn’t happen because Jean needs to be their chaste fantasy girl and would never do something like that, well, I’m just not going to entertain that nonsense. Just gonna roll right over it because it’s laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My old man always used to say, “Son, you’re entitled to your own set of opinions, but not your own set of facts.” Jean and Logan being attracted to one another for decades is a fact. Not an opinion. Them kissing on panel, and it being implied that maybe they did even more than that, also fact. Now, them being lovers is a fact.

It’s fine for folks not to like it. But to claim it came out of left field and is out of character or to pretend it didn’t happen because Jean needs to be their chaste fantasy girl and would never do something like that, well, I’m just not going to entertain that nonsense. Just gonna roll right over it because it’s laughable.
    Absolutely right.

What are you top 5 favorite writers for Jean Grey?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Morrison
    Taylor
    Seagle/Kelly
    Claremont
    Percy

I really liked Louise Simonson's Jean too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Claremont
    Louise Simonson
    Cullen Bunn (that generations issue was perfection, punch Galactus was awesome)
    Jeff Lemire
    Tom Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I think is perfectly right say that it is from nowhere. The only couple with build up was Colossus and Domino.

yeah out of character because logan was never a big factor and haven't be a temptation for Jean for 2 decades

For me, Jean and Logan look like friends with benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That's a bit harsh don't you think? So they have a dissenting opinion, so what? It happens, it's natural. What harm is it causing?
    yeah people have different opinions and there is also facts. If people don't want critics, go to apreciation threads of th couple.

I don't tolerate OOC and Bad writing

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    For me, Jean and Logan look like friends with benefits
    Jean is not the type to do this and Logan isn't the type to do this with Jean. Everything wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    True. The difference is that they solved the Jean-Scott-Logan triangle with why not all of them. And if Emma is in that too what do we call it then^^?

And I must say I am surprised that they went that far. I thought only smaller titles like Secret Six could get away with this and even that was in the last issue.
    They didn't went that far. don't put it all on this, there isn't confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

I don't tolerate OOC and Bad writing
    Again, OOC to you. Bad writing to you. Stop claiming it like it was the absolute truth, like you claim that Claremont sold more than Morrison with his latest flagship run (Reload). It's not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Again, OOC to you. Bad writing to you. Stop claiming it like it was the absolute truth, like you claim that Claremont sold more than Morrison with his latest flagship run (Reload). It's not facts.
    Nah, not for me, it is for the character. There is a long canon to analyze that confirms my vision

Nah, not for me, it is for the character. There is a long canon to analyze that confirms my vision
    Biased vision. I can't stress it enough.

The long canon history between Jean & Logan was that they were attracted to each others' since day 1, and that attraction never went away.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can't believe the virus derived me of this for 3 months.
    "Cable was right!"

Biased vision. I can't stress it enough.

The long canon history between Jean & Logan was that they were attracted to each others' since day 1, and that attraction never went away.
    i'm not a shipper, i'm a lot less biased than jogan shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They are creepy then but now more women are reading comics and they have more of a voice to inform the media. This is why many, many things in the past are seen more in a bad light now. This is why media makes progress and why Wolverine improved significantly over time. Characters being fiction aren't a reason to not disagree with them when they do something bad, these characters are role models and power fantasies to their fans. And not every character in those time periods was a creepy stalker, in those comics Jean absolutely loathed when he did things like that and occasionally she'd call him out on it. His romance was only his head for years before Jean showed some affection but it was never an actual "love triangle" - Jean and Scott had the romantic connections to each other. Wolverine was just a jealous outsider.
    True story. the "romance" was one sided and pretty much gross majority of time. That is why at least the friendship saved it. psylocke and Scott was a bigger love triangle than Jean and logan hahaah
    yeah women are here to stay and call out sexism.

First, I mentioned Revolution and Reloaded. Were they flagships or not??? So don't change the narrative because it's convenient to you.
    Also, about Hickman's sales : the last time CC was on a flag book, was in 2004, so sure, comparing the industry then and now is like comparing the industry in 1990 with 2006.... That's biased, again.
    And you maybe say it as many time you want, but last CC's flagship was reloaded. He sold 112.076 copies for Uncanny and 107.134 for X-men (his firsts reloaded issues) I hardly see how he sold more than Morrison first issue (144.835 copies) lol

One year later, CC's reloaded book were selling around 80.000 copies
    One year after his first issue, Morrison was still selling around 110.000 copies

I know that you love to twist reality, so it's important to show you facts.

Anyway, it's always "nice" to see it's always the same people who turn an appreciation thread into a Morrison and Hickman bashing.
    that was the first issue of Morrison, but his run constantly sold on 99k-105k bracket. It was his fans that made a big deal from his run, but his sales were bad compared with Claremont flagship.
    hickman x-men probably won't stay on 80k sales for long after the crossover. Last issue of x-men sold 75k haha
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 07:50 AM.

i'm not a shipper, i'm a lot less biased than jogan shippers.
    Try to find posts from saying I want Jean & Logan together. As I said, them together is a dream come true, as I think it's long due as it has been teased for decades. But i couldn't care less if Jean wasn't with him, Scott or anyone. You see me post shipping much messages to Jogan or Jott's threads?

Claremont
    Louise Simonson
    Cullen Bunn (that generations issue was perfection, punch Galactus was awesome)
    Jeff Lemire
    Tom Taylor
    Here some gifts from your favorite writer. X-Men forever, an alternate reality that is a direct continuation from CC first run :

Last edited by franckd; 07-09-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Try to find posts from saying I want Jean & Logan together. As I said, them together is a dream come true, as I think it's long due as it has been teased for decades. But i couldn't care less if Jean wasn't with him, Scott or anyone. You see me post shipping much messages to Jogan or Jott's threads?
    That is exactly saying you ship them for decades.

Here some gifts from your favorite writer. X-Men forever, an alternate reality that is a direct continuation from CC first run :

Then he killed Logan and Jean ended with Beast hahahah and Beast also died.LOLOLOLOL
    Claremont have a hard time shipping Jean with other men.
    he isn't perfect, but even him saw that the ship doesn't have future

That is exactly saying you ship them for decades.

Then he killed Logan and Jean ended with Beast hahahah and Beast also died.LOLOLOLOL
    Claremont have a hard time shipping Jean with other men.
    he isn't perfect, but even him saw that the ship doesn't have future
    Yeah, Killing a fan favorite, a cash cow when you write an X-Book is more Claremont not seing that his book didn't have a future...
    But that was not my point : in X-men forever, there was not more building up for Jogan...
    Yet I agree, CC is not perfect. Remember Revolution? Colossus and Rogue kissing? Yeah, THAT came from nowhere. They never were attracted to each other before, there was no building up... It was forced, and that, I call bad writing and OOC...
    Last edited by franckd; 07-09-2020 at 07:55 AM.