Page 265 of 362 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5429
  1. #3961
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    X-men Red was free of sexism, all taylor comics doesn't have that.

  2. #3962
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Again, what you're saying is logic and reasonable.
    Extremely. Just ignore the bot with the faulty chip that cannot handle logic or reason, or even what’s on the printed page and comic book canon now. Do not feed it.

  3. #3963
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Sure, let's ignorea reasonable point because we are shippers of the couple.

    I have no problem with that, but we have to recognize bias

  4. #3964
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,045

    Default

    So what do all the Jean fans who are not bots think about how awesomely strong she was in the latest X-Force issue?

  5. #3965
    All-New Member Psych1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I don't mean to offend anyone, but this person sounds like a broken record and this discussion is going around in circles. I can't say what someone should or not be discussing but we can certainly understand when one wants to talk about a subject or just keep changing the narrative to suit their opinion, regardless of what's true or not.

    Having said that, I don't like Jean being hinted (and likely) to be in a polyamory relationship, I believe this is wrong and that's my opinion. But the fact is that she may be in it and it's something I can't blindly deny because of what I think.

    Her having a fling with Logan also doesn't please my taste, but then again it's something that she is susceptible to do. It's been like this, we've seen this before and denying this is pointless.

    I'm glad she got a spotlight in this issue when it comes to dealing with Hank and merging the powers, beautiful display. I want to see more of this Jean.

    She's not a perfect human (mutant lol) being and thinking that she's above flaws lacks consistency, she's a person that makes good and bad decisions and that's it. She's a character already defined and while I do agree we should speak when she's not written correctly, it doesn't mean I have the right to change any narrative to fulfill what I think of her and complain that everything else is PIS or toxic.

  6. #3966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-men Red was free of sexism, all taylor comics doesn't have that.
    I was hoping you would say that and maybe youre right(although I haven't read his DC but still). But you know what, he did WORSE. He made a superhero popular character try killing a child. Happy Now. Bruh
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  7. #3967
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I was hoping you would say that and maybe youre right(although I haven't read his DC but still). But you know what, he did WORSE. He made a superhero popular character try killing a child. Happy Now. Bruh
    old man logan killed the entire x-men. Nothing wrong on Taylor characterization.

    DCeased is pretty good story, sold so well. Injustice he made a readable story, even if the origin of the story is problematic AF.
    Suicide squad have been getting good reviews.

    Her having a fling with Logan also doesn't please my taste, but then again it's something that she is susceptible to do. It's been like this, we've seen this before and denying this is pointless.
    not for two whole decades

  8. #3968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    old man logan killed the entire x-men. Nothing wrong on Taylor characterization.

    DCeased is pretty good story, sold so well. Injustice he made a readable story, even if the origin of the story is problematic AF.
    Suicide squad have been getting good reviews.


    not for two whole decades
    Yeah right as if he wasn't mind controlled in killing X-Men. Heck even if I ignore that killing a child is WORSE sin.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  9. #3969
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah right as if he wasn't mind controlled in killing X-Men. Heck even if I ignore that killing a child is WORSE sin.
    he went bersek, it was clear that it was Cap America fault the incident

  10. #3970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he went bersek, it was clear that it was Cap America fault the incident
    Berserk is not mind-controlled. He knows what he was doing even though he was Berserk.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  11. #3971
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but this person sounds like a broken record and this discussion is going around in circles. I can't say what someone should or not be discussing but we can certainly understand when one wants to talk about a subject or just keep changing the narrative to suit their opinion, regardless of what's true or not.

    Having said that, I don't like Jean being hinted (and likely) to be in a polyamory relationship, I believe this is wrong and that's my opinion. But the fact is that she may be in it and it's something I can't blindly deny because of what I think.

    Her having a fling with Logan also doesn't please my taste, but then again it's something that she is susceptible to do. It's been like this, we've seen this before and denying this is pointless.

    I'm glad she got a spotlight in this issue when it comes to dealing with Hank and merging the powers, beautiful display. I want to see more of this Jean.

    She's not a perfect human (mutant lol) being and thinking that she's above flaws lacks consistency, she's a person that makes good and bad decisions and that's it. She's a character already defined and while I do agree we should speak when she's not written correctly, it doesn't mean I have the right to change any narrative to fulfill what I think of her and complain that everything else is PIS or toxic.
    Sincerely, thank you. You're voicing your opinion, and I said, I really don't mind. We all have the right to love or hate a character's take/plot/relation.
    But denying facts, history, is not a way to debate. I sincerely don't mind if a fan is not ok with the pairing, as we say, to each his own. The fact that I like doesn't make me a worst or better Jean Grey fan. Same for you.

    I am interested to see what kind of stories this situation can lead too. Will this be good? Bad? At least it's happening and the fact that many are reacting to it, is good imo. Look at this thread, it has never been so alive since Jean was brought back from the dead. Have seen new fans here, old fans coming back. This pairing is something some wanted, some others were dreading it. It's not something coming of nowhere.

  12. #3972
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Berserk is not mind-controlled. He knows what he was doing even though he was Berserk.
    It was clear he didn't knew.

    So jean couldn't date bishop because he tried to kill Cable and Hope to save his future.

    but it is completely fine to jean date the guy who forced him on her against her will many times, and there other episodes of harassment and inapropriate behavior.

    Suuuure, must be because of something.

  13. #3973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was clear he didn't knew.
    Again Berserk is not mind-control. He was consciously trying to kill the kid. He knew.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-10-2020 at 01:16 PM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  14. #3974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was clear he didn't knew.

    So jean couldn't date bishop because he tried to kill Cable and Hope to save his future.

    but it is completely fine to jean date the guy who forced him on her against her will many times, and there other episodes of harassment and inapropriate behavior.

    Suuuure, must be because of something.
    Didn't you defined that whole thing which I bolded as sexism? And yes KILLING (or taking a life) a KID is worse than sexism and harassment. Heck, even your Captain America. will agree with that. It's the worst sin in my personal opinion.

    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/2_HgB6LZ0F...ve_ADG2p=s1600
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  15. #3975
    Spectacular Member johnnysv75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Wow! Last time I was here, just a few days ago, the Jean thread had around 220 pages.
    Can’t wait to read X-Force 10 now. Love Percy’s Jean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •