Page 273 of 432 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I remember Hickman being kinda condescending in the X-Men Monday interview where he explained that it was a reference to when she last wore it. He said something along the lines of readers should understand the costume choice, so I don’t think he feels any urge to give something concrete (but hey I could be wrong).
    Hickman doesn't like doing interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I remember Hickman being kinda condescending in the X-Men Monday interview where he explained that it was a reference to when she last wore it. He said something along the lines of readers should understand the cosJtume choice, so I don’t think he feels any urge to give something concrete (but hey I could be wrong).
    Thanks, I did not know about that. You are probably correct and the writers today never seem to want to diverge anything to the readers.

I guess we can take it that he "reset" Jean to just prior to encountering the PF (since she has rejected it since returning).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks, I did not know about that. You are probably correct and the writers today never seem to want to diverge anything to the readers.

I guess we can take it that he "reset" Jean to just prior to encountering the PF (since she has rejected it since returning).
    This was my take-away as well.
    This Jean is an emotionally, mentally and physically "purer" Jean similar to how she was prior to the PF showing up in her life.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This was my take-away as well.
    This Jean is an emotionally, mentally and physically "purer" Jean similar to how she was prior to the PF showing up in her life.
    Thanks. (Sometimes it is hard trying to get a take on what they put out.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks. (Sometimes it is hard trying to get a take on what they put out.)
    Sure. No problem.

This is comics so everyone will have their own interpretation especially if the writer is being deliberately vague.
    But...
    The reasoning fits considering she did recently reject the PF, as you pointed out, prior to HoX/PoX.
    The costume is emblematic of a much simpler uncomplicated time in her life.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't think that works for a few reasons:

1) She was already wearing the outfit at the beginning of HOX. Before she died. HOX Jean couldn't have been reset yet.

2) Current Jean seems to have all the memories she did before. Her ressurection line to Storm was a nod to Inferno.

3) Hickman said the most famous time she put it back on, which was Dark Phoenix Saga... Aka NOT before she met the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think that works for a few reasons:

1) She was already wearing the outfit at the beginning of HOX. Before she died. HOX Jean couldn't have been reset yet.

2) Current Jean seems to have all the memories she did before. Her ressurection line to Storm was a nod to Inferno.

3) Hickman said the most famous time she put it back on, which was Dark Phoenix Saga... Aka NOT before she met the Phoenix.
    Then...perhaps "reset" Jean to the time of her return to the world after the "death" of Dark Phoenix...??

'Reset' in this sense does not apply the her first Krakoan death/resurrection (the Orchis battle).

There was a six month gap prior to HoX 01 where-in we have no idea what took place to bring them to Krakoa. We just saw them planting Krakoan flowers.

She herself could have just "reset" her way of thinking and being, setting aside all the PF baggage, and giving herself a fresh start.

'Reset' in this sense does not apply the her first Krakoan death/resurrection (the Orchis battle).

There was a six month gap prior to HoX 01 where-in we have no idea what took place to bring them to Krakoa. We just saw them planting Krakoan flowers.

She herself could have just "reset" her way of thinking and being, setting aside all the PF baggage, and giving herself a fresh start.
    I like your take on this, which makes a lot of sense.

As much as I enjoy Hickman's ideas, concepts, vision, I am still clueless about what he meant in that X-Men Monday... He was kinda disappointed we - Jean fans - didn't get why he put her in that suit.
    Well, if the majority of Jean fans, me included, don't get why, maybe we're not the problem. No offense to Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    As much as I enjoy Hickman's ideas, concepts, vision, I am still clueless about what he meant in that X-Men Monday... He was kinda disappointed we - Jean fans - didn't get why he put her in that suit.
    Well, if the majority of Jean fans, me included, don't get why, maybe we're not the problem. No offense to Hickman.
    Well, I never get their hidden meanings, so he would really have a problem with me, lol. Good thing I am loved here.

BANNED

She talks about how she lost her dear if death after dying so much. So she completely remembers. Perhaps her being in the Marvel Girl costume is just a statement. It’s how she started out and who she was before the Phoenix.

It was also a less crazy time for the XMen.

Here is the exact Hickman quote about the MG look:

Billy-Vell (@williamaximoff) asked: Marvel Girl going back to her old ’60s costume is probably the most controversial wardrobe change in a while, can you talk about why she’s wearing it again, and if there’s any chance she might get a new one(or even go back to another old one)?

Jonathan: I’m not going to lie, this one has been disappointing.

I was pretty sure everyone would figure this out as soon as House of X #1 hit the stands. And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2019/10/14/x-...f-x-questions/

We can only speculate as to what he is hinting about. Jean wore the costume in DPS in part due to pride as she was prepared to go out the way she started (because Jean and the X-men were preparing to battle for their lives on the moon). I assume Hickman is referencing DPS, as the last time Jean wore the Marvel Girl look was in Phoenix Resurrection 5 and X-men Red annual 1.

Both instances that she went back to MG were when she had been separated from the Phoenix (in DPS it was suppressed at the time - going by the OG version of the story before retcon).

My assumption is that most figure her best look is green/gold and the Phoenix costume but it no longer works due to the stories told so they went with Marvel Girl. It gives Jean a codename and a distinct look (the skirt, the mask..).

I hate to say it but I'm almost getting used to the Marvel Girl look.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She talks about how she lost her dear if death after dying so much. So she completely remembers. Perhaps her being in the Marvel Girl costume is just a statement. It’s how she started out and who she was before the Phoenix.

It was also a less crazy time for the XMen.
    This is all I’ve got. (Bloody hell, Chris, you know I love you, but could you put any more words on that page?)

7CD8A927-3832-42A6-A6E3-3E442B0FBD38.jpg

Initially, I imagined that the custom (Marvel Girl) was just something for Jean to use a codename. Especially for being a 30+ woman.
    It seems that there is Jean da HoX and PoX (almost invisible) and Jean of X-Force.
    She is on a team that is prepared to kill to fulfill the mission. AND LOOK AT HER COSTUME ?!
    ONE DRESS??? IS THIS COSTUME ??
    AND A MASK?
    It looks like carnival clothes
    Last edited by andreikes; 07-11-2020 at 01:02 PM.