Page 282 of 432 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 6479

Simon kinberg = Scarlet Witch in Krakoa
    No please

I loved Fank, but if Charlize Theron was Jean, maybe she would be more popular because of the actress. I don't know if she was popular at the time of the first x men
    Last edited by andreikes; 07-17-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

found this on twitter, soo cool, her codename is marvel woman in there
    THATS an error I can live with! Maybe Jim Starlin was trying suggest the change.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    The 90's really had a bunch of bad artists....
    To be fair to Ron Lim, his INFINITY TRILOGY work wasn’t a good representation of his art. During that period Marvel used him as a workhorse so a lot of details were filled in by inkers and he was often paired with multiple inkers with whom he had varying degrees of chemistry. His Silver Surfer run is legendary.

The other night I watched X-men 1 with my partner and my brother since it was the 20 year anniversary. My family was in Florida on vacation when the movie originally came out and I insisted that we find a theater and watch it. I had just graduated high school a few months before. It doesn't seem like it should be 20 years ago.

I was so excited to see Cyclops and Jean Grey on screen. I think the movie still holds up though the plot (Magneto's plan) is sorta wild. I still enjoy the movie (though X2 and Days of Future Past are my favorites). Famke and Hugh definitely had chemistry. I was nervous when Famke was first announced to play Jean but all that went away when I saw her on screen. Jean didn't have a huge role but she still had presence.

I also recall downloading the first movie trailer and it taking forever because of... dial up internet. So much has changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The other night I watched X-men 1 with my partner and my brother since it was the 20 year anniversary. My family was in Florida on vacation when the movie originally came out and I insisted that we find a theater and watch it. I had just graduated high school a few months before. It doesn't seem like it should be 20 years ago.

I was so excited to see Cyclops and Jean Grey on screen. I think the movie still holds up though the plot (Magneto's plan) is sorta wild. I still enjoy the movie (though X2 and Days of Future Past are my favorites). Famke and Hugh definitely had chemistry. I was nervous when Famke was first announced to play Jean but all that went away when I saw her on screen. Jean didn't have a huge role but she still had presence.

I also recall downloading the first movie trailer and it taking forever because of... dial up internet. So much has changed since then.
    Yeah, where did those 20 years go, lol?!

I was wishing that for the 20th Anniversary, there would be a director's cut where we got to see more of Jean using her powers, the mansion, the kids, etc,

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Luciano Vecchio did some redesigns mixing Jean's classic color scheme and Marvel Girl look with other designs!
    http://https://www.instagram.com/p/C...d=shoavu533ys6

Add the Marvel Mask and this approaches perfect Krakoan Mutant garb...
    000B6A50-1744-401D-BE26-299BF94D3E5E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

As much as I liked the redesigns it is still true that the green Phoenix costume is Jean's best look. I do love the current green/yellow X-men Red outfit as well and wish they would put her in it full time. A green/yellow version of the Revolution costume would look great (minus the weird boots) imo, but it only works if she took back up the codename.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

As Vecchio's redesigns show the Marvel Girl costume doesn't need to inherently be a bad look for an adult Jean Grey, and it's true, that is her next most iconic costume silhouette. Just... update it.

And as much as they are definitely using it for the mask, it needs to go.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This design is really growing on me. But no mask please.

I like this but would like it better if the bottom green portion didn't have that "armor" look---it reminds me of her red/blue last outfit that I hated. With that small change and perhaps (some) yellow boots, I would love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like this but would like it better if the bottom green portion didn't have that "armor" look---it reminds me of her red/blue last outfit that I hated. With that small change and perhaps (some) yellow boots, I would love it!
    The point is to look like the X-Men Red costume. He also did a version that resembles the Marvel Girl dress and the '90s costume.

To be fair to Ron Lim, his INFINITY TRILOGY work wasn’t a good representation of his art. During that period Marvel used him as a workhorse so a lot of details were filled in by inkers and he was often paired with multiple inkers with whom he had varying degrees of chemistry. His Silver Surfer run is legendary.
    I loved his work on X-Men 2099! My favorite artist back then.

Looking at those designs just reinforces why the Phoenix costume is timeless and perfect. I’m a fan of L.V. But I’m not feeling any of these designs. If I had to pick one I guess the armored skirt, but I don’t like the yellow gauntlets. Make it the green metallic with gold outline.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Looking at those designs just reinforces why the Phoenix costume is timeless and perfect. I’m a fan of L.V. But I’m not feeling any of these designs. If I had to pick one I guess the armored skirt, but I don’t like the yellow gauntlets. Make it the green metallic with gold outline.
    I love the Phoenix costume. I'd say it's timeless as a comic book look in general, but obviously trends ebb and flow. When the comic book landscape leans more toward real life and/or influenced by the MCU (which barf, keep them separate), costumes tend to get more military/SWAT/uniform-esque. Then the green/gold sticks out like a sore thumb.

I feel like it could be updated well, but no artist has really nailed it. The sash has gotta go, but that's just a personal preference. I've always hated sashes on costumes because they're so cheesy lol.

I think fake Jensen should forget about playing Jean in the MCU, but she should push to play Sélene, I think she will be perfect as the centuries old vampire....second perfect in fact, after Eva green

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I think fake Jensen should forget about playing Jean in the MCU, but she should push to play Sélene, I think she will be perfect as the centuries old vampire....second perfect in fact, after Eva green
    Just a quick aside....I loved Eva Green in The Dreamers (movie) and in Penny Dreadful (tv series).