Page 283 of 432 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I think fake Jensen should forget about playing Jean in the MCU, but she should push to play Sélene, I think she will be perfect as the centuries old vampire....second perfect in fact, after Eva green

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I think fake Jensen should forget about playing Jean in the MCU, but she should push to play Sélene, I think she will be perfect as the centuries old vampire....second perfect in fact, after Eva green
    Daaaaaaannnnnnggggggg lol

In all seriousness though, I do think the sexist and ageist landscape of Hollywood has taken a toll on Famke and her well-being. I've noticed she comes off a lot more negative/misanthropic in interviews and her social media reflects someone who has become obsessed with their outward appearance.

But also, when will the Disney/Marvel wise up and sign Eva Green for just anything and everything.

Loved xforce 10.

With stunts like that Jean really has proven she is no ‘girl’.

Name change please!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

i still think the name is fine... it's the costume that needs updating.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I love the Phoenix costume. I'd say it's timeless as a comic book look in general, but obviously trends ebb and flow. When the comic book landscape leans more toward real life and/or influenced by the MCU (which barf, keep them separate), costumes tend to get more military/SWAT/uniform-esque. Then the green/gold sticks out like a sore thumb.

I feel like it could be updated well, but no artist has really nailed it. The sash has gotta go, but that's just a personal preference. I've always hated sashes on costumes because they're so cheesy lol.

The Phoenix suit is perfect. It's like DC's Superman's suit : highly recognizable, iconic, timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Loved xforce 10.

With stunts like that Jean really has proven she is no ‘girl’.

Name change please!
    Agreed...even by the X-Factor era she had outgrown the name.

Part of me thinks it's a lame trademark/rights retention issue or something

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Agreed...even by the X-Factor era she had outgrown the name.

Part of me thinks it's a lame trademark/rights retention issue or something
    Too bad she can’t switch names with Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel sounds more mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Too bad she can’t switch names with Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel sounds more mature.
    Jean Grey is an original character, an icon. She should not be a recipient of some legacy title passed down to her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey is an original character, an icon. She should not be a recipient of some legacy title passed down to her
    True that...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There should be nothing inherently wrong with Jean choosing to call herself girl - just like adult men call themselves 'boys' or 'the boys' even well into their forties and fifties. Jean's a women that is in her late 20s, and who very potentially has been physically resurrected either through Krakoa or the Phoenix Force in her early-mid twenties. She can be Marvel Girl if she wants to.

Also - part of it is absolutely a rights retention thing. If they ever want to have a comic named Marvel Girl, someone should maintain that name and it should ideally be someone popular.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean and Rachel (and Kitty too) will just never have proper codenames. It's just too late in their history and the Phoenix aspect really kneecapped any more codenames. I can't think of too many name changes that actually stuck and stuck well. Kitty->Sprite->Ariel->Shadowcat finally to end up back with just Kitty Pryde. Dani dropped Psyche and Mirage for Moonstar which was an improvement because her family name is pretty cool. Boom Boom going to Boomer to Meltdown back to Boom Boom (I think?).

Prestige might be my all-time least favorite. I'd like to forget X-Men Gold ever happened (never even finished reading it).

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Kitty->Sprite->Ariel->Shadowcat finally to end up back with just Kitty Pryde.
    It's weird because I felt like Shadowcat had worked quite well and there was really no reason for Marvel to drop it.

Dani went by Moonstar in the mid 90s but that didnt stick as she is back to Mirage. I actually prefer Moonstar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There should be nothing inherently wrong with Jean choosing to call herself girl - just like adult men call themselves 'boys' or 'the boys' even well into their forties and fifties. Jean's a women that is in her late 20s, and who very potentially has been physically resurrected either through Krakoa or the Phoenix Force in her early-mid twenties. She can be Marvel Girl if she wants to.

Also - part of it is absolutely a rights retention thing. If they ever want to have a comic named Marvel Girl, someone should maintain that name and it should ideally be someone popular.
    What male superhero is calling themselves boy into their 20s let alone past that age? Bobby Drake was calling himself Iceman when he was a teenager.