Page 289 of 432 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 6479
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could see Jean and Piotr doing their version of "the fastball special". That would be fun!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Apologies, you’re quite correct, I posted and ran, I should have taken the time to extrapolate.

A huge part of the problem, on seeing the original, is that the original art is bad anatomy too. So the copies continue to amplify the issues. It’s noticeable on the first one of Scott and Emma, but really, really noticeable on the second.
    Even your quick fix is an improvement. I will forgive (almost) anything in fan art, but expect basic competence in professionals.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There focus on this instead

Its unfortunate that they havent really interacted much at all in X-Force
    Now, that I like, the solid weight of Peter contrasts well with Jean’s grace.
    I think all the comics are still early days, I’d hope for interaction between them when Peter gets more focus.

I post this occasionally but it still remains my favorite scene with them

Jean needs to interact with her "little" brother

I enjoyed Empyre X-men and Wolverine the most from today's comics. Jean was referenced in Wolverine #3 spoilers:
    The cuckoos reference Jean when they are flirting/teasing with Quire. They ask if he's going to go up against the Pale Girl and that there are rumors that the Pale Girl is the true omega and even more powerful than Jean. Of course Quire isn't buying it but he does agree to help Wolverine with Pale Girl. Wolverine used the cuckoos to persuade Quire to help him. Jean is also mentioned by Xavier in one of Beast's data pages/logs
    end of spoilers

I was kind of hoping Jean would battle the Pale Girl but she wasn't in this issue. Maybe in the future she will, and I think this story will connect back to future issues of X-force so who knows. It does make sense not to have Jean battle Pale Girl and save the day since she was just used to save the day in the last X-force issue.

Jean's clone Maddie was in todays Hellions #2, but it was sort of brief. I expect she will get more coverage next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There focus on this instead

Its unfortunate that they havent really interacted much at all in X-Force
    I like this--it almost looks like a cell from an animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

Uuuuggh.

I didn't realized we cared so much for internal organs.
    Here, let me try.

The main problem with the piece, that is present in all subsequent homage pieces in this series but most prominent in Jean/Logan piece, is the woman's body.
    There are two specific issues: the point-of-view of the bosom and the torso.
    Both issues are related.

In JSC's original piece, one can reasonably assume that Felicia's body is in profile.
    Though obfuscated with her hair, and the fur of her outfit, pay special attention to upper chest area (ahem).
    Due to the point of view, Felicia's back shoulder is/should be lower than her front shoulder and should be behind her and not visible to the viewer.

Now look at the new pieces.
    The shoulders are on the same level, and the back shoulder is forward (towards the kissing partner).
    This changes the perspective of the bosom, which the artist did not properly compensate for.
    This also changes the curvature of the back, which the artist also did not properly compensate for.
    They just used the similar lines/pose from the JSC piece.

This gives the appearance of an improperly elongated torso (not in proportion), and a really awkward pose.
    There.

Edit:
    You’re right: hard to say what is the most unsettling…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I think Jean is a Latent Empath and She gives you back what you send at her. This is why her interaction with Logan seem more Passionate whilst her interactions with Scott seem more Romantic. This also explains the New X-Men Era cause Scott wasn't giving Jean Anything to Work with so that's why their interactions were Colder in that Series. It also explains why so many people have crushes on or instantly fall for her, she basically unconsciously Amplifies what you already feel. As a Huge Cyclops Fan I love Jean because she was the only one strong enough to be with him. To paraphrase Obi-Wan Who the Stronger the person with the weight of the World on his Shoulders or the Person who Carries the Person with the weight of the World on his shoulders. For Jean Scott is Comfort, Ease, Focus, The Eye in the center of a freaking Hurricane. The Kind of guy who massages you feet after a hard day then gets up and does the dishes. He may not be as Passionate as the other guy but damn he loves you with everything he's got.

BANNED

Emma is strong enough to be with him. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Alex Ross' "Timeless" Phoenix variant:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/20/al...-october-2020/
    Do you see a bit of Keri Russell in that Jean too?

Astonishing Member

I very much do, wow makes me wonder if Keri would make a cool Jean

I think Scott has a hero complex and the strong Jean became, the more insecure he was. Constantly projecting what Jean "shouldn't be able" to do. Jean even held back her development because of his (and other's) worries.

His need to "save the day" may have worked in their teens, when Jean was just developing, but as a telekinetic, she soon was just as capable of "smashing mountains" as him, in addition to many more uses as well...plus add her telepathy.

I think that's why he was drawn to Madelyne...she was Jean, but "human", and would need his protection.

Emma is powerful, but not in a way that he feels overshadows him.

Storm read him well when she basically said if all he could do is hold on to a "preserved in amber" version of Jean as a young girl, and not the woman she has become, then maybe he never really loved her at all

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I think Scott has a hero complex and the strong Jean became, the more insecure he was. Constantly projecting what Jean "shouldn't be able" to do. Jean even held back her development because of his (and other's) worries.

His need to "save the day" may have worked in their teens, when Jean was just developing, but as a telekinetic, she soon was just as capable of "smashing mountains" as him, in addition to many more uses as well...plus add her telepathy.

I think that's why he was drawn to Madelyne...she was Jean, but "human", and would need his protection.

Emma is powerful, but not in a way that he feels overshadows him.

Storm read him well when she basically said if all he could do is hold on to a "preserved in amber" version of Jean as a young girl, and not the woman she has become, then maybe he never really loved her at all
    I think Scott really loves Jean but it’s all about his insecurities… Scott Summers needs to feel needed.

Emma is powerful too… but, during a long time, she wasn’t a very popular character and needs Scott Summers.

And Jean… she has many qualities but is she really able to convince Scott Summers that she needs him how much he needs her…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

looks better in red/blue