Page 3 of 432 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I hope everyone is having a happy New Year thus far.

Looking forward to see where Jean goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Happy New Year Jean fans!

2020 will hopefully be a new start for our favorite redhead. What are some things you'd like to see her do in the new year?

For starters I would love to see her "teach" young mutants like she did in New X-Men when the U-Men paid the school a visit.

I want to see her reconnect with some of the characters in the greater Marvel universe like Misty Knight.

It's about time we got a mother/daughter adventure and I would really like to see a Jean and Storm issue or two.
    Seems like almost every writer forgot about her friendship with Misty Knight.

yeah rachel/jean have things to solve and jean/storm is always great

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It wasn’t good. She spent the first 6-7 months trapped in a filler AU. Then she got that much discussed horrible writing under Hickman. Jean didn’t really have anything worth mentioning until XForce which came so late in the year. She overall regressed in terms of being a leader and the face of the X-men to her power displays. She didn’t get any character development. We also lost Teen Jean which limited her exposure
    It was a big hit Jean lose the leadership and the public face for Hickman's faves;
    It had came a long way for her steping up her game as x-men leader.
    Teen Jean legacy got even shorter
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-01-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Today, I will choose to reflect on the positive. Jean has a big role in the current X-books. She was in House of X (which her role wasn't the best) but it was the best quality X-book produced and it sold really well. She has a great role in the new era: on the quiet council and with forming the new X-force. She appears in more than one X-book and has a Giant sized issue coming up and will appear in Wolverine #1.

Personally, I was thinking b ack to joining the online X-fandom sometime in 1999 (prob with the with the original Jean Grey Message board) and later joined WizardWolrd and superherohype and X-fan, among others. I mostly stayed in the JG board but did post frequently on here on CBR. My bro and I used to post advanced spoiler posts (back then it was allowed) of the Grant Morrison New X-men issues because our comic store participated in advanced previews. Being in the X-fandom for over 20 years feels strange. I recall being amongst the younger fans and now I'm among the older. Yikes. But it has been really rewarding and fun.

May we continue to be a spirited bunch. I'm looking forward to all the usual debates in 2020: Jean's love life and her connection to her powers and Phoenix.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

2019 wasn't perfect but at least she got a good team, she is not leading it but she is important.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    2019 wasn't perfect but at least she got a good team, she is not leading it but she is important.
    I agree! My only pet peeve is how forgotten her telekinesis is

ooh, upcoming art for Jean Grey & Emma Frost, I can't wait!

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...15841188237312
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Happy New Year to Jean .

Fantastic Member

My hopes for Jean's 2020 is as follows;

A conclusion to the Quadrangle that will not die. No ambiguity, I would like a definitive answer on whether Scott and Jean are a couple. Poly, is so not Jean.

I would like to see Jean interact with the wider Marvel Universe. Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Bucky Barnes, Thor, Carol Danvers, The Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange are on my list of desired acquaintance.

I'd like to see Jean's in depth feelings on everything going on with Xavier's movement. She's been more in line with all people being equal, while House of X (sometimes) seems to have Mutants set up as overlords, working to systematically subjugate the rest of the world.

Not a "Must have" but I'd love a new costume for Jean.

I also will never stop requesting some insight on how Jean feels about the murder of her family.

I'd love to see Jean get a limited series, if not an ongoing, written by Ron Marz.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah, I need some badass TK feats.
    But Percy used her TP pretty creatively. I loved how she recreated the the slaughter on X-force last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, I need some badass TK feats.
    But Percy used her TP pretty creatively. I loved how she recreated the the slaughter on X-force last issue.
    Same, ever since she was confirmed to just be an omega tp, her tk was thrown in the dumpster.

Same, ever since she was confirmed to just be an omega tp, her tk was thrown in the dumpster.
    Ditto. Plus, the longer this happens, the more likely it is to stay that way. They did the same thing to Moondragon, whose TK is now very weak compared to her TP.

I also share the concerns about Jean's tk powers being downplayed however Jean has used tk in every issue so far of X-force. She levitates each issue and in the last issue she levitated herself, Beast, and Sage. She also levitated the cerebro helmet in a previous issue, and in the first issue she used her tk to stream fast through the air. In a very small panel she moved earth to uncover the hidden entrance to the cradle where one of the extra cerebro helmets were.

Right now her telepathy seems to be getting a lot of focus. It is her dominant and omega power. As long as they keep Jean as an A-grade (or alpha) telekinetic then we are all good. I do miss her tk feats, but we can always go back and read old X-factor comics for that (or further … the original five days).

It is jarring bc outside of Claremont's Revolution run, TK was always her dominant power. I think people are a bit sensitive to it bc Taylor focused primarily on her TP during his run on Red so it feels like her TK has taken a backseat pretty much since her resurrection

My hope for Jean in 2020? That she be used in crossover events. She missed out on so many when she was dead and upon her return, she was only involved in Typhoid Mary. She missed out on War of the Realms bc of AoX. Whatever Marvel has in store for 2020, I hope she gets to play a significant role representing the X-men. I have doubts about her in the upcoming FF one but hopefully she at least appears
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-01-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is jarring bc outside of Claremont's Revolution run, TK was always her dominant power. I think people are a bit sensitive to it bc Taylor focused primarily on her TP during his run on Red so it feels like her TK has taken a backseat pretty much since her resurrection

My hope for Jean in 2020? That she be used in crossover events. She missed out on so many when she was dead and upon her return, she was only involved in Typhoid Mary. She missed out on War of the Realms bc of AoX. Whatever Marvel has in store for 2020, I hope she gets to play a significant role representing the X-men. I have doubts about her in the upcoming FF one but hopefully she at least appears
    I always felt her dominant power was tk, but they've went in another direction. I do wonder why that was or if it was because of how Taylor focused on Jean as an omega telepath. The portrayals of Jean in other media (cartoons, movies, video games) mostly focus on her tk. In the comics it has always been so but one thing I've noticed about the comics is that Jean has always been a powerful telepath. She was pretty much instantly powerful with her tp when she first got it and when she got it back at the end of X-factor. Even though she was sometimes light on feats she was always described as a powerful telepath.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't she using it to fly in X-Force #1 and used her TK to uncover the hidden lab where the back up Cerebro was in issue 2?