Page 318 of 432 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 6479

Just real quick.. a few weeks ago we were discussing Jean having Maddie's memories and someone (might have been me) asked if Jean ever was shown to use any of Maddie's memories.. I had completely forgotten that in X-tinction Agenda Jean says she knows about Genosha due to having Maddie's memories. It was during a discussion with Cable when he was traveling with X-factor. Forge was also with them.
    X-tinction Agenda was one of the first tpb that I ever bought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think without Jean or since Jean rejected it the force has been unstable and not acting on what itÂ’s supposed to do. She has to reclaim it.

And keep it.
    I think it better that the writers remember that in the end adult Jean gained the memories of teen Jean -- and, since it been established that adult Jean and teen Jean are in fact one and the same -- current adult Jean should be fully capable of doing what she did as teen Jean to the Shi'ar Imperial Guard -- thus, eliminating the need to involve the Phoenix Force ever again while focusing on what an adult Jean can do when she does her combined TP/TK, Psychic Energy Absorption thing...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-15-2020 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I think it better that the writers remember that in the end adult Jean gained the memories of teen Jean -- and, since it been established that adult Jean and teen Jean are in fact one and the same -- current adult Jean should be fully capable of doing what she did as teen Jean to the Shi'ar Imperial Guard -- thus, eliminating the need to involve the Phoenix Force ever again while focusing on what an adult Jean can do when she does her combined TP/TK, Psychic Energy Absorption thing...
    It’s a compromise which ultimately doesn’t work. Jean with the Phoenix itself would have a lot more to deal with than the Shi’ar. She’d have to deal with the Avengers, Asgardians, Galacticus, Dr. Strange etc.

Previously as used by the Xbooks Phoenix was a one trick pony only known to the Shi’ar and XMen.

I don’t like everything he’s done with it but I think Aaron made it a power to be known and feared across Marvel. This sets up Phoenix/Jean Grey to ultimately be a starting character instead of a background character.

BANNED

It’s a compromise which ultimately doesn’t work. Jean with the Phoenix itself would have a lot more to deal with than the Shi’ar. She’d have to deal with the Avengers, Asgardians, Galacticus, Dr. Strange etc.

Previously as used by the Xbooks Phoenix was a one trick pony only known to the Shi’ar and XMen.

I don’t like everything he’s done with it but I think Aaron made it a power to be known and feared across Marvel. This sets up Phoenix/Jean Grey to ultimately be a starting character instead of a background character.
    Why would she have too? If Jean is currently capable of doing what she did as teen Jean then she's already slapped Galactus.

Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey (2017)

The Avengers are more or less equal to the Imperial Guard thus they'd fall like hot rocks -- and, unless the Asgardians and Doctor Strange decided to gang up on her -- Jean, while siphoning psychic energy (sans the Phoenix Force), would be still be able to hold her own.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 02:26 PM.

BANNED

Why would she have too? If Jean is currently capable of doing what she did as teen Jean then she's already slapped Galactus.

Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey (2017)

The Avengers are more or less equal to the Imperial Guard thus they'd fall like hot rocks -- and, unless the Asgardians and Doctor Strange decided to gang up on her -- Jean, while siphoning psychic energy (sans the Phoenix Force), would be still be able to hold her own.
    She used her psychic absorbtion power on the Phoenix, that whole planet, Galatucus, and Terrax. Meaning she was using the Phoenix to a degree and even formed a pink Phoenix effect. She was on that planet because Phoenix/Jean brought her there.

The Scarlet Witch trapped Jeen in the ground with a wave of a hand. Don’t think Jeen could take on Dr. Strange either.

Or Thor.

Actually Jean mostly recently got killed in space by sentinels. Nothing to use her psychic absorption powers on. She still uses them in X-Force.

Jean will need the cosmic Phoenix with its connections to other cosmic beings, the Avengers, Asgardians, Shi’ar, and others or else she’ll be the barely used Marvel Girl that we have now and that we had pre Phoenix Jean.

To be honest, I really enjoy Jean much more now, than before when she was with the Phoenix. I really hope they don't bring the Phoenix in her, it will be the same repeatable cycle and I honestly think that we had enough of Phoenix Jean.

BANNED

She used her psychic absorbtion power on the Phoenix, that whole planet, Galatucus, and Terrax. Meaning she was using the Phoenix to a degree and even formed a pink Phoenix effect. She was on that planet because Phoenix/Jean brought her there.

The Scarlet Witch trapped Jeen in the ground with a wave of a hand. Don’t think Jeen could take on Dr. Strange either.

Or Thor.
    Fair enough. I coincide to high-end magic users and Thor who has a definite magical connection/background.

Actually Jean mostly recently got killed in space by sentinels. Nothing to use her psychic absorption powers on. She still uses them in X-Force.
    Okay, I'll also coincide to Sentinels but not to O.N.E. Sentinels

Jean will need the cosmic Phoenix with its connections to other cosmic beings, the Avengers, Asgardians, Shi’ar, and others or else she’ll be the barely used Marvel Girl that we have now and that we had pre Phoenix Jean.
    This is why I questioned why Jean would have to deal with the Avengers, Asgardians, Galactus, and Dr. Strange -- it comes across as if she would have to battle them all solo.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 05:14 PM.

BANNED

Fair enough. I coincide to high-end magic users and Thor who has a definite magical connection/background.

Okay, I'll also coincide to Sentinels but not to O.N.E. Sentinels

This is why I questioned why Jean would have to deal with the Avengers, Asgardians, Galactus, and Dr. Strange -- it comes across as if she would have to battle them all solo.
    Because major characters, as in starring characters get around Marvel. Logan has ties to Weapon X, Madripoor, Shield, Department H, the XMen, and the Avengers.

Captain Marvel was US Airforce, Search and Rescue, Women’s Rights Activist, a Spy, before before getting Kree powers and becoming an Avenger. She has XMen ties too.

Any starring character has a lot of stuff going on regardless of power level.

People like Captain America and Black Widow have huge histories and friends and enemies outside of the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    To be honest, I really enjoy Jean much more now, than before when she was with the Phoenix. I really hope they don't bring the Phoenix in her, it will be the same repeatable cycle and I honestly think that we had enough of Phoenix Jean.
    Outside of X-Force all Jean did is get killed in space. Oh, she did well I’m
    The one shot with Emma and Storm.

Yes, she does need to be Phoenix again and to live.

BANNED

Outside of X-Force all Jean did is get killed in space. Oh, she did well I’m
    The one shot with Emma and Storm.

Yes, she does need to be Phoenix again and to live.
    Did Jean die alone in space in vain -- Yes or No? Why not entertain the possibility that Jean (in a roundabout kinda way) fully recovered from the mental blocks Charles laid on her as a child (because of the O5's jump forward -- it did happen) and evolved (retroactively) into the Telekinetic/Omnipath she was naturally meant to be?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-17-2020 at 02:32 AM.

Monday Mini-skirted Masked MARVEL Appreciation...

Note to myself : do not come in the JG appreciation thread on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Note to myself : do not come in the JG appreciation thread on monday.
    lol....I feel you. Hopefully this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol....I feel you. Hopefully this helps

Merci beaucoup !!!

BANNED

Did Jean die alone in space in vain -- Yes or No? Why not entertain the possibility that Jean (in a roundabout kinda way) fully recovered from the mental blocks Charles laid on her as a child (because of the O5's jump forward -- it did happen) and evolved (retroactively) into the Telekinetic/Omnipath she was naturally meant to be?
    The old blocks as a child and Charles has not been referenced in ages and should not be. It traps Jean into permanent student mode.

Jean didn’t she know space after some terrible fight. She died cowering in fear. Frankly, pathetic.

Monet was portrayed as the stronger of the two and she told Jean to try harder. Lol

Clearly Hickman meant something by making her Marvel Girl. He put her in the background so he could focus on universe building, and Jean was not mean to be one of the architects of this new world for mutants. It’s the vision of Moira/Xavier/Magneto.

The White Queen is the CEO of the Hellfire Trading Club and Krakoa’s chief diplomat. So that tells you something right there too. Being made Marvel Girl was meant to shelve Jean until they decide to deal with Phoenix. Now that Jean left XForce she is not even on a team! She appears not to be in X of Swords!