Page 319 of 432 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Note to myself : do not come in the JG appreciation thread on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol....I feel you. Hopefully this helps
    See you Next Tuesday. ��
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-17-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Jean is on three X of Swords covers, which doesn't mean anything but she is likely to appear in the story. She's on a Marauders cover (in the green X-men Red costume - because Dauterman drew it), a Cable cover (with Scott and Nathan and in the Marvel Girl costume), and she's in the reflection of Wolverine's blade on another cover (I think X-force) in the Marvel Girl look.

I don't expect she'll have a big role, but I'm sure both Jean and Scott will have something to do even if it is something minor.

I like Jean as Phoenix in name and power and all the effects.

Does anyone think that Jean will become Phoenix again with this story or is this Avengers-only? I was thinking the plot was gonna be something like "The Phoenix wants a human host so it came back to Earth to get one. Who wants to be a host to this cosmic force?" The Avengers temporarily intercept the Phoenix Force, but no one can or wants to be a host, Jean hears about it, and finally accepts to keep the PF from harming fellow heroes/the Earth while amping her up in power.

PS: Hey, I just noticed this is my 6,000 post!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like Jean as Phoenix in name and power and all the effects.

Does anyone think that Jean will become Phoenix again with this story or is this Avengers-only? I was thinking the plot was gonna be something like "The Phoenix wants a human host so it came back to Earth to get one. Who wants to be a host to this cosmic force?" The Avengers temporarily intercept the Phoenix Force, but no one can or wants to be a host, Jean hears about it, and finally accepts to keep the PF from harming fellow heroes/the Earth while amping her up in power.

PS: Hey, I just noticed this is my 6,000 post!
    Congrats!

Since it is an Avengers story, I doubt Jean will make an appearance.
    Hopefully they can retcon away these Phoenix force abominations when the Phoenix stories return to the X-Books.

I wonder what else Jean can say to the phoenix not to return to earth

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I wonder what else Jean can say to the phoenix not to return to earth

Yes. Last time she just needed to tell the Phoenix "Let me break up with you, creep", and the Phoenix went away.
    Why bother having all the avengers "battle" the Phoenix, when they can just ask Jean to tell it to go away.

BANNED

Yes. Last time she just needed to tell the Phoenix "Let me break up with you, creep", and the Phoenix went away.
    Why bother having all the avengers "battle" the Phoenix, when they can just ask Jean to tell it to go away.
    Because if someone else says yes, then Jean has no say unless she calls the Phoenix to her.

It’s like Firestar. She basically says it’s better to have Cain Marko as Juggernaut to prevent someone truly evil from getting the Phoenix.

It was lazy writing for Jean to send the Phoenix away to go to who knows who and possibly return to blow up the earth. Considering how she died in fear in slave she should beg the Phoenix to come back to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Congrats!

Since it is an Avengers story, I doubt Jean will make an appearance.
    Hopefully they can retcon away these Phoenix force abominations when the Phoenix stories return to the X-Books.
    They’ll say something like the force was unstable since Jean rejected it because as the prime host she is a part of the Phoenix and they are not mean to be separate.

That way Phoenix/Jean could build up on the Phoenix’s interactions with the rest of MCU. Connecting her with other characters and creating a backstory is good.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Because if someone else says yes, then Jean has no say unless she calls the Phoenix to her.

It’s like Firestar. She basically says it’s better to have Cain Marko as Juggernaut to prevent someone truly evil from getting the Phoenix.

It was lazy writing for Jean to send the Phoenix away to go to who knows who and possibly return to blow up the earth. Considering how she died in fear in slave she should beg the Phoenix to come back to her.
    I don't know if it was lazy or bad writing or both, but I hated this "break up" angle. That was really cheap imo. They wanted to have Jean without The Phoenix - not a fan of the regression, but ok, why not - but the way it was handled was totally out of character, and out of coherent continuity for the character. Jean saying she doesn't understand the purpose of the Phoenix, rejecting its offer to bring back her dead loved ones ? I mean, Jean would give her own life to save Scott and the ones she loves. Well, I stop talking about it. It's done, it's the past, nothing I will say will ever change this crappy conclusion of the Phoenix Resurrection mini.

I don't know if it was lazy or bad writing or both, but I hated this "break up" angle. That was really cheap imo. They wanted to have Jean without The Phoenix - not a fan of the regression, but ok, why not - but the way it was handled was totally out of character, and out of coherent continuity for the character. Jean saying she doesn't understand the purpose of the Phoenix, rejecting its offer to bring back her dead loved ones ? I mean, Jean would give her own life to save Scott and the ones she loves. Well, I stop talking about it. It's done, it's the past, nothing I will say will ever change this crappy conclusion of the Phoenix Resurrection mini.
    This is how I felt as well. It read like a cheap rip-off of the original premise with no imagination and made no sense. Jean of all people would know and understand the PF.

Months later, she dies repeatedly in Dawn of X and is fine with Xavier constantly bringing her and her loved ones back

BANNED

Exactly. It was a wasted resurrection as the next year she could have just been brought back by the 5 on Krakoa. That resurrected body was destroyed in space, technically this Jean is in a clone body.

BANNED

Months later, she dies repeatedly in Dawn of X and is fine with Xavier constantly bringing her and her loved ones back
    Maybe that was why Hickman made Jean Marvel Girl and made sure Jean was one of the first to die and be resurrected. Completely vomits on Phoenix Resurrection. And let’s him do his own Phoenix story after the Avengers.

It can be explained both Jean and Phoenix were whacked due to the XMen interrupting the process.

It would be interesting for the phoenix to return to Earth in search of Jean to finish this resurrection process. Whereas this has an impact on the natural order. Or with the clones. There's a comic that phoenix ​​ends up with the other Cuckos

Celeste.jpg
    Last edited by andreikes; 08-18-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is how I felt as well. It read like a cheap rip-off of the original premise with no imagination and made no sense. Jean of all people would know and understand the PF.
    Quoted for truth. Marvel keep giving the Phoenix to random characters, when Jean is the one who knows and understand the force. Then it's Rachel.

Thanks again. This Rosenberg dialogue didn't age well in a very short time lol
    Maybe Jean forgot to tell Xavier to not bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Exactly. It was a wasted resurrection as the next year she could have just been brought back by the 5 on Krakoa. That resurrected body was destroyed in space, technically this Jean is in a clone body.
    The good thing with the 5 resurrection protocols : it validates the fact that it was Jean, during the Phoenix saga. The entity copied her mind, her soul, her body, to the point the force wasn't aware of its own existence. She basically was a Krakoa resurrection template, or prototype. With cosmic powers.