Page 320 of 432 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 6479
    BANNED

Rosenberg's book aged badly as I turned the pages on first read.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Rosenberg's book aged badly as I turned the pages on first read.
    Honestly? I enjoyed Phoenix Resurrection at first and there are still some parts of the book that I do genuinely enjoy.

But his interpretation of the Phoenix and Jean, in general, is something that I realize after the fact... it's just not it you know? I really wish that we would've gotten Panic's original plan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

HOT damn most of them are great, especially the isolated one. I'd probably still make a few changes - namely I'd make the gloves gold, and make the gray parts of the dress's bodice green, and then finally make the sleeves and neckline gold as well - but it's basically perfect.

It's modern and feels like something Jean would actually wear as an adult woman.

Did some of the color edits I talked about:

Last edited by Harpsikord; 08-18-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly? I enjoyed Phoenix Resurrection at first and there are still some parts of the book that I do genuinely enjoy.

But his interpretation of the Phoenix and Jean, in general, is something that I realize after the fact... it's just not it you know? I really wish that we would've gotten Panic's original plan.
    It just wasn't accurate, on top of being debilitating to the character and her history. It was like she had to repent for being Phoenix.

Jim Shooter would be very proud of Rosenberg's work.

I want to see Ben Percy write Phoenix.

so what are y'all expecting from Jean in this new event?

i hope she has some good tp/tk moments and interactions with other people than cyclops, even if they are brief moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    so what are y'all expecting from Jean in this new event?

i hope she has some good tp/tk moments and interactions with other people than cyclops, even if they are brief moments.
    Nothing. She'll be just there

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Those Marvel Girl redesigns are fire! Much prefer the color's Harpsikord did though. Would love to see Jean in one of those.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i like it, but i feel jean color is red, even tho i love phoenix. rogue color is green :'( she has been more expose, but things can change right
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    HOT damn most of them are great, especially the isolated one. I'd probably still make a few changes - namely I'd make the gloves gold, and make the gray parts of the dress's bodice green, and then finally make the sleeves and neckline gold as well - but it's basically perfect.

It's modern and feels like something Jean would actually wear as an adult woman.

Did some of the color edits I talked about:

Nice! Love the design. It's a good blend of her Marvel Girl look with something more contemporary.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Werneck’s X-Men designs always hit! After this era I hope he gets the chance to redesign the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Quoted for truth. Marvel keep giving the Phoenix to random characters, when Jean is the one who knows and understand the force. Then it's Rachel.

Thanks again. This Rosenberg dialogue didn't age well in a very short time lol
    Maybe Jean forgot to tell Xavier to not bring her back.

The good thing with the 5 resurrection protocols : it validates the fact that it was Jean, during the Phoenix saga. The entity copied her mind, her soul, her body, to the point the force wasn't aware of its own existence. She basically was a Krakoa resurrection template, or prototype. With cosmic powers.
    Yes. Basically, anyone who dies is now resurrected out of an egg or cocoon. Like Phoenix Jean.

Rosenberg has Jean be fatalistic and want to remain dead. Ridiculous. At least she doesn’t feel that way now. Jean resurrected Charles too.

You’d think she’d try to have Krakoa resurrect her niece and nephew, who are mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i like it, but i feel jean color is red, even tho i love phoenix. rogue color is green :'( she has been more expose, but things can change right
    Yuck.

I can't stand Jean in red, I think it blends far too much with her hair and her most iconic red costume is the Dark Phoenix look. Green and gold is totally her standard, ever since the mini dress was first introduced in the Thomas run.

If I had to pick other colors for her besides green and gold, it'd be blue and yellow like in the classic uniforms, the last X-Factor uni, 90s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I mean Rogue doesnt have a monopoly on green. Jean's first individual costume was green and a good number of the ones she's had since have also been that color. I think she's fortunate in that she works well in multiple colors. I cant think of a color sheme that she's worn that hasnt looked good on her

jean-grey-emma-frost-139.jpg

''So, burn, Emma'' Its so iconic *.* haha