Page 321 of 432 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 6479
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yuck.

If I had to pick other colors for her besides green and gold, it'd be blue and yellow like in the classic uniforms, the last X-Factor uni, 90s, etc.
    I like those twitter redesigns but her Morrison series design remains my hands-down favorite.

I am deeply disappointed that she has recently been relegated for use as deep panel background character. I guess it's because she spends most of her time off panel washing dishes with those yellow dishwashing gloves.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    I like those twitter redesigns but her Morrison series design remains my hands-down favorite.

I am deeply disappointed that she has recently been relegated for use as deep panel background character. I guess it's because she spends most of her time off panel washing dishes with those yellow dishwashing gloves.
    Every character on Krakoa has at one point or another been in the background of big events like what happened in X-Force 11.

Jean has still admittedly been one of the key players of the era, I wouldn't say that she's been relegated to anything. Especially since she'll probably end up working again with X-Force before long.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I can kinda see the point for Jean being in red. Both Rogue and Polaris are known for wearing green, meanwhile the only other prominent X-Woman who's known for having a red color scheme is Rachel, which I think sharing a color scheme with is fine considering their connection.

Have it be red with yellow or gold, maybe green though. Not blue like the Red costume.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'll always prefer Jean in green/gold(yellow) than any other color. It's her signature colors at this point IMO, but I do enjoy the Evolution inspired green/black that was used in the skirt redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yuck.

I can't stand Jean in red, I think it blends far too much with her hair and her most iconic red costume is the Dark Phoenix look. Green and gold is totally her standard, ever since the mini dress was first introduced in the Thomas run.

If I had to pick other colors for her besides green and gold, it'd be blue and yellow like in the classic uniforms, the last X-Factor uni, 90s, etc.
    There was a time I couldn't stand her red X-factor outfit because like you I thought it was too much red because of her hair. I've since changed my mind and now I appreciate the red look. I wanted Jean in green during the X-men Revolution era. I do prefer Jean in green/yellow, but she looks good in blue too.

My fav current look is the X-men Red uniform in green/yellow. It looked so good. I was afraid she was going to look like a gummi bear.. though I wish she would get a brand new costume or go back to the New X-men look (maybe tweak it some so there is some green/yellow instead of black and gray).

I love both Jean in green & yellow or red & yellow.
    I liked her red X-Factor suit at the time, and loved her Phoenix Revolution suit. It really wished they kept her revolution suit bare shoulders, as it was originally designed :

Thats not how it was originally designed. That was a variant cover. Kubert is the one that designed her costume and its what we got

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The problem with red is that it shouldn’t be the same colour as her hair (synthetic red dye for clothing is different hues to natural red hair) so she ends up with two shades of red.
    Of course, you can make an artistic choice to make the hair and clothing the same colour, but that’s depending on all colour artists to work with the same palette.
    Personal choice, but a contrasting colour, such as green or blue really makes her pop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The problem with red is that it shouldn’t be the same colour as her hair (synthetic red dye for clothing is different hues to natural red hair) so she ends up with two shades of red.
    Of course, you can make an artistic choice to make the hair and clothing the same colour, but that’s depending on all colour artists to work with the same palette.
    Personal choice, but a contrasting colour, such as green or blue really makes her pop out.
    I agree for Jean: red for her costume doesn’t suit her. Too much red.

It works better for Rachel who has shorter hair and the colorist used indeed the same shade of red for hair and outfit.

(poor Jean… quite a Barbie doll fate… there’s so little to say about her?…)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

There's plenty to say about her. It's just that looks are just as important to characters as anything else.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

There isn't THAT much to say, tbh.

She doesn't get to appear very often, neither now nor historically.

Yeah, talking about looks is what always happens when she hasn't appeared for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not how it was originally designed. That was a variant cover. Kubert is the one that designed her costume and its what we got
    I was wrong then, because when you look at the very first issues of the revolution run, it seems that Jean is bare shoulders. Sometime the colorist put red, sometimes skin color. But Jean's shoulders like Jean's arms, don't seem to have a "suit texture" if you know what I try to say :

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    There isn't THAT much to say, tbh.

She doesn't get to appear very often, neither now nor historically.
    I.... what are you on about?

She didn't appear in one issue of X-Force and has skipped maybe one other issue of that title. Jean was actively present before Krakoa in Marvelous X-Men, X-Men Red, and X-Men Blue, not to mention All New X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, Old Man Logan, All New Wolverine, and No More Humans as well as ultimate Jean and AoA Jean. Before 616 Jean died she had an active presence in New X-Men, featured in X-Treme and books outside of the line. During the Revo era she was a team headliner and featured in X-Men Forever, and then there was her active presence throughout the rest of the early and late 90s, including mini's that she headlined alongside her husband and teams that she led her co-led. Even when she was dead some version of Jean appeared a lot and that's just in comics. She also consistently appeared in outside media the entire time she was dead - X-Men Evo, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Wolverine and the X-Men, the Iron Man cartoon, superhero squad, etc.

You can say what you will about the quality of her appearances but to say she hasn't ever appeared a lot outside of the time he was dead is just plain wrong.

BANNED

The Jean Grey who came back in Phoenix Resurrection is dead and in the afterlife. Empire X-Men addresses this. One if the mutants summoned by Wanda and turned into a zombie meets the clone of himself created by the Krakoa process/the 5.

We even see some clones like Domino have edited memories. Granted she requested this.

Honestly, Jeen was popular. There was no need to send the o5 back. Adult Jean could have remained dead until Marvel was comfortable with her being Phoenix.

Now we’ll have to wait till next year to see if there’s a new Phoenix story for Jean.