Page 329 of 432 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    *ohhhh **** he used his "stepping between time" powers that nate and providence cable could* spoilers he's more powerful than i thought a young cable would be.
    f*********k forgot how to do spoilers

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, that's Yu's Jean. He doesn't draw the mask too well IMO. Nice to see her, but I wonder if its just a quick action shot like the one in the last X-Men issue. Sword looks similar to Cyclops' and kinda bland looking, but it's hard to tell.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    spoilers:
    Its very reminiscent of the Summers family scene from X-men #1. Jean is asking Cable to help her set the table as she gets ready for dinner
    end of spoilers
    I think it's fine.

spoilers:
    All things considered Scott is portrayed the same way, it's meant to represent that this Nate IS very young and that this is his home life, which is something he does have. It's one of those enjoy the little moments things since Duggan seems to be heavily implying that Nate's going to be aging up again soon.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Scott was the one cooking, and back in X-Men #1 he also did the dishes. Jean has only been setting the table. I think there's kind of a conscious decision to try and avoid the framing of Jean as the housewife who cooks and cleans for the family.

As long as the power dynamic is equal then its fine. If Scott was sitting in recliner smoking a pipe while Jean did all of the work, then it would be sexist.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    As long as the power dynamic is equal then its fine. If Scott was sitting in recliner smoking a pipe while Jean did all of the work, then it would be sexist.
    Agreed. I think stuff like this is necessary to define life on Krakoa - or in the Krakoan atmosphere.

Also, about the Yu image: Jean probably gets the Cerebro Sword from Mikhail, yeah?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean reclaiming the Cerebro sword would be pretty cool.

I know it goes without saying but if she is slinging a sword, then she needs to get out of that dress and into battle armor. She'd look so badass in the Dautermann redesign

I liked today's Cable issue. It was nice seeing the Summers family eating together.
    I am intrigued by the Yu preview on his insta story. I was able to view it earlier today before it was removed or expired (I don't know much about instagram stories) and it was clearly Scott and Jean with swords. Maybe they replace two of the sword bearers or there are more than 10 characters with swords. We don't know much but it is a potential good sign for their use in the story. Which I don't mind if they do not have a big role, but it is good that they are included.

It would be great if the covers for X-Force 13 and 14 turn out to be misleading and the issues are actually about Jean retrieving the Cerebro Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know it goes without saying but if she is slinging a sword, then she needs to get out of that dress and into battle armor. She'd look so badass in the Dautermann redesign
    Sword and Skirts...futile, faux pas or fetish?

(also Wonder Woman)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (also Wonder Woman)
    It actually makes sense for Wonder Woman since Greek soldiers wore skirts into battle.

BANNED

i want nina dobrev to play jean because she has experience with playing a psycotic twin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i want nina dobrev to play jean because she has experience with playing a psycotic twin
    Eh no thanks.

i'm the only one who noticed that the glove Scott was wearing while cooking looks exactly like the dishwashing gloves from Jean's costume...