Page 334 of 432 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 6479
    Ultimate Member

Jean does get treated like if they try to pair her up with anybody else they get flak, mostly from Scott fans, though then those same fans have no problem pushing the idea of Scott with any number of women...

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Sometimes, I think that Jean Grey is not a character easy to write. But when she's well written, she's written by talented writers like Morrison, Taylor and Percy.
    I think there's kind of a problem at Marvel where oldschool female characters from the '60s or so just... Don't get as much as they deserve. Female writers usually don't connect with them. They were created in a time where most female characters were love interests and super feminine and somewhat passive, and none of them just punched and fought "like the guys". Male writers, well... They're more likely to write them, but a lot of the time they still write them somewhat like they were in the past, or at least not as strong and competent as they should. Marvel is also not very interested in promoting them.

Jean, Wanda, Janet, Sue all face this. And uh, not to be shady, especially cause I do enjoy most of her writing, but I read someone on twitter pointing out how a certain writer only writes "badass quirky tomboy-ish" female heroes, and... Yeah. It happens a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think there's kind of a problem at Marvel where oldschool female characters from the '60s or so just... Don't get as much as they deserve. Female writers usually don't connect with them. They were created in a time where most female characters were love interests and super feminine and somewhat passive, and none of them just punched and fought "like the guys". Male writers, well... They're more likely to write them, but a lot of the time they still write them somewhat like they were in the past, or at least not as strong and competent as they should. Marvel is also not very interested in promoting them.

Jean, Wanda, Janet, Sue all face this. And uh, not to be shady, especially cause I do enjoy most of her writing, but I read someone on twitter pointing out how a certain writer only writes "badass quirky tomboy-ish" female heroes, and... Yeah. It happens a lot.
    A good job was done with Jean Grey as teen Jean. Adult Jean had her own team with X-Man Red. None of that fit with Hickman’s new world building for the X-Men so Jean got pushed into the background.

Jeen resurrected herself twice and would not have needed the 5 had she died.

Wanda has her own series called WandaVision. I’d say she is doing great.

With the X-Men rarely do the main titles get women writers. That’s changing now, obviously as Tinubu writes Excalibur.

BANNED

X-Men Red had Jean as protagonist. So did X-Men Blue, and Bendis. She had her own enemies like Cassandra Nova, Miss Sinister, baby Xavier, etc.

You’d really need to give Jean her own book and let explore her powers and Phoenix connection and give her real foes instead of having her atomize plant people.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    X-Men Red had Jean as protagonist. So did X-Men Blue, and Bendis. She had her own enemies like Cassandra Nova, Miss Sinister, baby Xavier, etc.

You’d really need to give Jean her own book and let explore her powers and Phoenix connection and give her real foes instead of having her atomize plant people.
    I would love to see another X-Men Red style book with Jean as the leader. She was so great in X-Men Red. That was one of the best iterations of Jean Grey I've ever seen since the early days of the Claremont era. It'll always have a special place in my heart.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would love to see another X-Men Red style book with Jean as the leader. She was so great in X-Men Red. That was one of the best iterations of Jean Grey I've ever seen since the early days of the Claremont era. It'll always have a special place in my heart.
    Jean was dead for 14 years, and Marvel didn't even give us 12 issues of X-Men Red... And I can't stress enough that X-Men Red was doing as good as most of the DoX books, from a sales standpoint.

Those writers should read New X-Men Jean. Maybe they'd realize how great the character is.

Jean spoilers

spoilers:
    She's in today's X-Force. There's set up for XOS as she learns the Cerebro Sword was stolen. Logan tells her that she is the only one he trusts and recruits her to do a TP probe of Piotr and Omega Red. Thats the cliffhanger so she should be in the next issue
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    A good job was done with Jean Grey as teen Jean. Adult Jean had her own team with X-Man Red. None of that fit with Hickman’s new world building for the X-Men so Jean got pushed into the background.

Jeen resurrected herself twice and would not have needed the 5 had she died.

Wanda has her own series called WandaVision. I’d say she is doing great.

With the X-Men rarely do the main titles get women writers. That’s changing now, obviously as Tinubu writes Excalibur.
    Teen Jean was a much more rebellious and ~strong female character~ type than older Jean. They pretty much made her kind of a "Jean Grey but cool™" a lot of the time. She got X-Men Red because it had been 14 years since her death and starring on a new book was the absolute bare minimum they could do after that. Xavier, Scott and Logan got the same treatment with Astonishing and Rosenberg's Uncanny even though Jean was dead for around a decade longer.

"Wanda has her own series called WandaVision"... Oh, right, I'm gonna buy the WandaVision comic that's out right now, or pre-order it for when it's released LOL. I'm talking about comics. I don't know why you even thought to say that.

Wanda has been mistreated and ignored in the comics for a long time now. She's one of the few characters who hasn't beneffited from MCU synergy at all. And even with WandaVision there is no plans of a Scarlet Witch solo or a Wanda/Vision book yet, while Falcon and Bucky already got something.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-09-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's appearance was brief, but decent in X-Force. Has me eager for the next issue, and I'm hoping that she'll be the one to reclaim the Cerebro sword.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Jean does get treated like if they try to pair her up with anybody else they get flak, mostly from Scott fans, though then those same fans have no problem pushing the idea of Scott with any number of women...
    100% agree. Misogyny is rampant in the X-Men, particularly when it comes to the premiere couple of Scott and Jean. Scott fans had a freakout when Jean slept with Ted Roberts first and that was in X-Men: Grand Design, which isn't even canon. At this point, I wish that crossed over into canon just to piss them off further.

Wanda has been mistreated and ignored in the comics for a long time now. She's one of the few characters who hasn't beneffited from MCU synergy at all. And even with WandaVision there is no plans of a Scarlet Witch solo or a Wanda/Vision book yet, while Falcon and Bucky already got something.
    At least they have plans to make Wanda a major player in the MCU and she's supposed to be a central character in the Doctor Strange sequel. I imagine they also didn't focus on synergy with the MCU because only just recently did Marvel get over the issues with Fox. Otherwise, for the longest time, she and Pietro were missing from all the app games that were clearly based on the MCU.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

looks like this is the costume jean wears on the disney plus avatars
    we can be heroes, just for one day

It's an okay costume. But if Storm's look is a blend of her 80s mohawk look and her 90s costume, I wish Jean's costume could also incorporate some Phoenix elements. Especially since I remember seeing some coloring book pages that have her in Phoenix mode while wearing this costume so it's not like they've given her an all-new costume for when she's Phoenix.

Not a fan of all of the piping. Needless lines on the costume make it look too busy.

I don't like the light tone of blue on the shoulders and arms. Besides that I think it's a good costume. I'm mostly just glad she's on the group they're promoting.