Page 34 of 432 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

has there been an attempt to give Jean a code name beyond Marvel girl and beyond Phoenix? Just wondering, especially in-universe.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been an attempt to give Jean a code name beyond Marvel girl and beyond Phoenix? Just wondering, especially in-universe.
    I don't remember that happening. At this time it probably wouldn't catch.

(Phoenix is already perfect, she should go by that)

No, sh ei smost known by her own name

Black Queen.

Granted it wasn't a hero name.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Here Comes Tomorrow isn't this Jean.
    I would say yes she is since she referenced HCT in Endsong 3 though some argue it was more of a nod or Easter egg. I count them as same. Jean as White Phoenix at end of HCT was our Jean doing Phoenix work from the afterlife.

Anyway, Jean and Emma have HCT, Endsong, the teen Jean stuff, and ghost Jean to show that they have moved on in various ways. They don’t have to rehash old drama. They can move forward as the great characters and leaders that they are.

Speaking of rivals, will Jean be involved with Maddie? Imagine them like twin sisters.

Phoenix suits Jean due to her many deaths and rebirths. It is perfect but due to all the craziness with the force we don’t know if it is workable now. Marvel Girl is ok but Jean’s grown so it feels dated.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would say yes she is since she referenced HCT in Endsong 3 though some argue it was more of a nod or Easter egg. I count them as same. Jean as White Phoenix at end of HCT was our Jean doing Phoenix work from the afterlife.

Anyway, Jean and Emma have HCT, Endsong, the teen Jean stuff, and ghost Jean to show that they have moved on in various ways. They don’t have to rehash old drama. They can move forward as the great characters and leaders that they are.

Speaking of rivals, will Jean be involved with Maddie? Imagine them like twin sisters.
    Endsong isn't even in continuity. That is a discard storyline, Ressurrection doesn't meantion white hot room or Endsong.

You are using all terrible examples to say that they move on. I found ghost Jean extremely weak and she still hated Emma.

There must be better examples of moving on better than ignoring that it happened

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think Maddie hates Jean but not for Cyclops or Cable (she doesn't seem to care about them at all) but more because her entire existence was at one point defined by replacing Jean.

Imagine suddenly discovering your entire life is a lie, that you are not you, that you don't even know what you are or had much agency on your life and much of that had to do with some creepy scientist trying to replace other person.

Even if Jean has never tried to do anything to Maddie, Maddie's existence is defined by people wanting/believing her to be Jean and now the best she can do is being not-Jean, but that is still being defined by her.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Phoenix suits Jean due to her many deaths and rebirths. It is perfect but due to all the craziness with the force we don’t know if it is workable now. Marvel Girl is ok but Jean’s grown so it feels dated.
    Phoenix should be her codename. With or without the powers. It was her codename since 1994 and she had no firebird, no phoenix powers. It was her codename till 2005 (Phoenix Endosng) then she was dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Endsong isn't even in continuity. That is a discard storyline, Ressurrection doesn't meantion white hot room or Endsong.

You are using all terrible examples to say that they move on. I found ghost Jean extremely weak and she still hated Emma.

There must be better examples of moving on better than ignoring that it happened
    Endsong is in continuity. Why make up a claim like that? The scene where Scott tells Emma he chose her that was a flashback used in Bendis run came from Phoenix Endsong placing it in continuity. Just because something isn’t referenced constantly doesn’t make it non continuity. In prep for Phoenix Resurrection Matt R said he read both Endsong and Warsong.

Emma being the generic mother of cuckoos came from Warsong which was a sequel to Endsong. They both are in continuity and I don’t think this is disputed, is it?

Endsong is in continuity. Why make up a claim like that? The scene where Scott tells Emma he chose her that was a flashback used in Bendis run came from Phoenix Endsong placing it in continuity. Just because something isn’t referenced constantly doesn’t make it non continuity. In prep for Phoenix Resurrection Matt R said he read both Endsong and Warsong.

Emma being the generic mother of cuckoos came from Warsong which was a sequel to Endsong. They both are in continuity and I don’t think this is disputed, is it?
    Of course cuckoos as being Emma daughters/clones isn't disputed.

I don't remember Bendis referencing Endsong. All I know that jean didn't went to collect her pieces or ever remember it happening.

For all that is worth, Endsong is a part of Jean Grey official biography on Marvel.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Phoenix should be her codename. With or without the powers. It was her codename since 1994 and she had no firebird, no phoenix powers. It was her codename till 2005 (Phoenix Endosng) then she was dead. Again.
    She has even resurrected herself without the Phoenix. Jeen rebuilt her body using tk. She was resurrected by the 5 on Krakoa. Phoenix is rightfully her code name.

She should reclaim it.

At least they use the Phoenix symbol in the Jean Grey/Emma Frost one shot in her name.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She has even resurrected herself without the Phoenix. Jeen rebuilt her body using tk. She was resurrected by the 5 on Krakoa. Phoenix is rightfully her code name.

She should reclaim it.

At least they use the Phoenix symbol in the Jean Grey/Emma Frost one shot in her name.
    Yes. That's why I didn't buy Resurrection. Marvel or editors don't want Jean Grey to have the force ? That's fine. But rejecting the codename and her Phoenix legacy didn't make sense at all. Her codename was Phoenix for years, even when she was just TP & TK.... And now she's Marvel Girl again... It's atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    For all that is worth, Endsong is a part of Jean Grey official biography on Marvel.com
    This might be nothing. Usually they write about everything that was published. Endsong never got a continuation for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

She should reclaim it.

It was the Jeen solo book logo