Page 354 of 432 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I feel like she’s gonna have a badass moment Cable #5. Reading that preview page, I got f*cking shivers when she decided to go alone, feels like badass Jean is coming through! It’s like she knows she won’t need any back-up should she stumble across trouble, she knows she’ll be able to handle whatever threat may come her way.
    to be honest I felt the same way, I was also enjoying how chill she was but had to tell myself "who are you kidding, you have probably seen the last of her for this issue". Would so love to be wrong, crossing fingers.
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-08-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

My fear is / it was going to go the other way and be just that.
    Last edited by andreikes; 10-08-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm excited to see Duggan writing Jean. Outside of a cameo in Cable, I don't recall him ever writing much of her before.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    My fear is / it was going to go the other way and be just that.
    It's certainly possible - I wouldn't be surprised if both Scott AND Jean get sidelined somehow. The book is called "Cable" after all, and is expected to have a bias towards the title character.

Here's to hoping they have good moments anyways - they'll probably be the last for a couple of months when the event is over.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm excited for Cable 5 to see what is up with the Sword station and to see what is up with Scott, Jean, and Cable. I am sure we'll get some good Cable content but I hope it is a good issue for Scott and Jean too. Duggan is a good writer and I hope this issue doesn't disappoint.

BANNED

Inb4 damsel in distress moment

Lol nah this isn't Hickman so might not be a bad showing. We shall see.

BANNED

We will know Wednesday. I too felt she sent the guys off so she found throw down alone. She sensed a threat and sent them the other way.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We will know Wednesday. I too felt she sent the guys off so she found throw down alone. She sensed a threat and sent them the other way.
    Same. And while normally I would be thinking, "well this is a Cable book, so we'll see how Cable comes to the rescue", but given the writing for these chapters/tie-ins I wouldn't be surprised if she's given the opportunity to take on the threat on panel while Nate is handling other things.

Yeah for me this issue will see Cable proving to Scott that he can wield the sword and go into the tournament. But I hope Jean will get some decent things to do.
    First X-Lady

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-xmen-emma...ionship-facts/

"Frost also has the power of shapeshifting, which isn’t very common. Those who can shapeshift are able to visually turn into any person they want to whenever they want to. Jean Grey, on the other hand, has immortality and teleportation under her belt."

sorry ....what?!?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

"Frost also has the power of shapeshifting, which isn’t very common. Those who can shapeshift are able to visually turn into any person they want to whenever they want to. Jean Grey, on the other hand, has immortality and teleportation under her belt."

sorry ....what?!?
    Yeah, I just saw that myself and thought the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

sorry ....what?!?
    Its a CBR article which means there's a guaranteed chance for it to be at least 70% inaccurate

All-New Member

I hope Jean has some cool stuff to do in this issue as well. I can’t imagine Duggan not giving her some focus this issue with him having her make the choice to do her thing alone. I just want some good Jean moments.

I don’t post much but I love Jean Grey so much. ��

I've been meaning to ask this. i remember it being mentioned a long time ago to the point i started to take it as fact but never found it in print. That Jean has a minor sub power that allows her to be reborn/resurrect and it wasn't just phoenix. Thinkning about the moira story made me think of it. I don't know if it was interview intent or really happened on the page but was curious.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this. i remember it being mentioned a long time ago to the point i started to take it as fact but never found it in print. That Jean has a minor sub power that allows her to be reborn/resurrect and it wasn't just phoenix. Thinkning about the moira story made me think of it. I don't know if it was interview intent or really happened on the page but was curious.
    Jean cant self resurrect. Every time she's been brought back to life its been because of the Phoenix