Page 355 of 432 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean cant self resurrect. Every time she's been brought back to life its been because of the Phoenix
    Thanks. I just remember something about rebirth and and a subset. Was probably an interview or a comment or something. lol. Long time ago.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I say this with all due respect but this is giving me Sue Richard's vibes but with none of the heart, I hope there's a bit more meat to her appearance.

Jean cant self resurrect. Every time she's been brought back to life its been because of the Phoenix
    Are we including Teen Jean in this assessment or specifically the older version?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Are we including Teen Jean in this assessment or specifically the older version?
    Oh I guess the Venomized feat would count, as I wasnt even thinking that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Inb4 damsel in distress moment

Lol nah this isn't Hickman so might not be a bad showing. We shall see.
    Didn't Hickman write her kicking the Brood's ass? I swear you just can't let that one issue of HoX go because it doesn't fit you're Jean Grey power fantasy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Didn't Hickman write her kicking the Brood's ass? I swear you just can't let that one issue of HoX go because it doesn't fit you're Jean Grey power fantasy.
    Did he? Post panels of her doing something cool against the Brood......

exactly.

Just wait until he actually does do something cool with her and then you can talk about how wrong I am lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    What is peoples favourite memories of Jean from her Marvel Girl days, original xmen run? Or her best power feat?
    Mavel (Girl) Memories

The arrival of Neal Adams amping up her power visuals... (even with the fainting female character paradigm of that era)

The aforementioned Magento Savage Land takedown...

And while Jean was not in her miniskirt at the time, Sentinel Switcheroo with the Brotherhood near the end of the O5's run, having Jean's telekinesis masquerade as Wanda's hex bolts was kind of meta commentary of the similarity of the women's empowerment (though not as similar as Jean/Sue Storm) that echos to modern portrayals (see MCU's Wanda via Joss Whedon)....

BANNED

Jean died and came back to life with the help of Xavier. Sentinels killed her and she transferred her mind into Emma Frost. Jean was clinically dead.

In Endsong, Jean was frozen underground while the Phoenix possessed Emma Frost. She resurrected herself and ripped the Phoenix out of Emma.

Jeen was consumed by the poisons. Yet she absorbed their psychic energy and rebuilt her body.

Her most recent resurrection was due to the Krakoan process. She has had 4 resurrections that she did herself or otherwise without the Phoenix.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean died and came back to life with the help of Xavier. Sentinels killed her and she transferred her mind into Emma Frost. Jean was clinically dead.

In Endsong, Jean was frozen underground while the Phoenix possessed Emma Frost. She resurrected herself and ripped the Phoenix out of Emma.

Jeen was consumed by the poisons. Yet she absorbed their psychic energy and rebuilt her body.

Her most recent resurrection was due to the Krakoan process. She has had 4 resurrections that she did herself or otherwise without the Phoenix.
    Eh those instances are more the exception than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this. i remember it being mentioned a long time ago to the point i started to take it as fact but never found it in print. That Jean has a minor sub power that allows her to be reborn/resurrect and it wasn't just phoenix. Thinkning about the moira story made me think of it. I don't know if it was interview intent or really happened on the page but was curious.
    Still my contention that giving Jean the Moira X storyline revealing a heretofore unknown resurrection/multiple lifetime aspect of her mutation would have been a superior evolution of her "Phoenix" concept than what we were given by PHOENIX:RESURRECTION, and without having to remove one of the staunch Ally characters in the X-Lore.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 10-11-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Mavel (Girl) Memories

The arrival of Neal Adams amping up her power visuals... (even with the fainting female character paradigm of that era)

And while Jean was not in her miniskirt at the time, Sentinel Switcheroo with the Brotherhood near the end of the O5's run, having Jean's telekinesis masquerade as Wanda's hex bolts was kind of meta commentary of the similarity of the women's empowerment (though not as similar as Jean/Sue Storm) that echos to modern portrayals (see MCU's Wanda via Joss Whedon)....
    Yes, early Jean did have some powerful moments. In the above story, didn't Jean actually destroy Mag's machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, early Jean did have some powerful moments. In the above story, didn't Jean actually destroy Mag's machine?
    She got creative and made use of other weapons at her disposal...

Jean was on fire this issue though (UXM #63) partially to play off the cover fakeout that made it look like she might be turning against the team. They made her behave in a vocally "feminist" way more than usual.

It seemed like they wanted Jean to be powerful and do things, but then held back once they realized what she could really do. At least we got what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Mavel (Girl) Memories

The “i’ve established contact” panel was one of my fave Jean visuals for years

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    The “i’ve established contact” panel was one of my fave Jean visuals for years
    It sure is awesome. Neal Adams was such an amazing artist

I have always liked the panel were Jean is angry and points her finger at Mags.

"Fans" always want to say Jean has a fiery temper, but this was really the first time we saw it---and with good reason. Hard pressed to think of another time that Jean was shown as passionately angry, except upon her return when she learns Mags is leading the X-Men.