Page 357 of 432 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have always liked the panel were Jean is angry and points her finger at Mags.

"Fans" always want to say Jean has a fiery temper, but this was really the first time we saw it---and with good reason. Hard pressed to think of another time that Jean was shown as passionately angry, except upon her return when she learns Mags is leading the X-Men.
    Magneto was using a woman to bewitch his male friends then he called her “a foolish female”…

Of course, she went mad.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love the psychic waves used to depict her powers. Very neat, and retro, but I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I love the psychic waves used to depict her powers. Very neat, and retro, but I like that.
    Reminds me of my favorite "live" portrayal of Jean's teke, the air shimmer and hair wave of EVOLUTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Reminds me of my favorite "live" portrayal of Jean's teke, the air shimmer and hair wave of EVOLUTION.
    I loved how powerful Jean was in Evolution. And while I loved her power portrayal, I always wanted some color to go with it--the clear reminds me more of Invisible Woman. I wanted some color to better show the TK.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I loved how powerful Jean was in Evolution. And while I loved her power portrayal, I always wanted some color to go with it--the clear reminds me more of Invisible Woman. I wanted some color to better show the TK.
    I'm not sure how the color would translate into animation, tbh.

X-Men Legends (which I replayed very recently) uses pink discs around Jean's head, hands, and the objects she's holding to show that the TK power is active. I like that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

X-Men Legends (which I replayed very recently) uses pink discs around Jean's head, hands, and the objects she's holding to show that the TK power is active. I like that.
    For evolution, I was thinking of a blue tint to the clearness, just to make it more visible, especially for non-familiar fans.

For evolution, I was thinking of a blue tint to the clearness, just to make it more visible, especially for non-familiar fans.
    Maybe that, but IIRC one of the big things in Evolution was that powers that weren't visible didn't get colored in - if that wave was shown, then she was using A LOT of power.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes to her using her powers! I love seeing the 3 family members in battle together. God, I cant recall the last time we got a teamup of just them 3, if thats ever even happened
    The last time I can recall the 3 of them being together on the battlefield is in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix from the 90s when they're battling old Apocalypse. Or maybe in The Search for Cyclops when Jean separates Scott from Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The last time I can recall the 3 of them being together on the battlefield is in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix from the 90s when they're battling old Apocalypse. Or maybe in The Search for Cyclops when Jean separates Scott from Apocalypse.
    Thanks I forgot about those

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'd think similar to how Sue's powers are sometimes tinted blue in animated shpes, although one of my absolute FAVORITE, animated depictions of telekinesis is this:

Ugh, perfection!

All things considered the Summer Council should actually be the hand of the Quiet Council that operates with all political arms of Krakoa; they're the ones that we should see reaching out to other nations and to the UN and doing things like what Autumn did in X-Men 4, except they wouldn't do it so shadily. Unfortunately it was Autumn that we've seen doing these things, and reaching out to Namor. I bet if it were Jean that reached out to Namor he would be more actively aligned with Krakoa.

In fact we don't know what the point of the Summer and Winter council are at all.

At this point be nice if anything more than her personal relationships were explored, or at least remembered.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-12-2020 at 08:09 PM.

So the artist behind Jean's 90s redesign posted some sketches of his work on his Facebook. I don't know if we've seen him credited before, so I thought I'd share some more of the work Marvel hired him to do. I believe there are some of Cyclops on his Facebook as well.

Here's Patrick Brown's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PatrickBrownArt/

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So the artist behind Jean's 90s redesign posted some sketches of his work on his Facebook. I don't know if we've seen him credited before, so I thought I'd share some more of the work Marvel hired him to do. I believe there are some of Cyclops on his Facebook as well.

Here's Patrick Brown's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PatrickBrownArt/

So is Disney+ actually making this a thing? I’m starved on both X-Men and Disney+ content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So is Disney+ actually making this a thing? I’m starved on both X-Men and Disney+ content.
    I'm not sure what there purpose is. He doesn't say what they're doing with them, just that he did them for Marvel. I do hope we find out soon.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-13-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I'm starting to appreciate this FoX-Men uniform and wish we'd seen it in more action...

I wonder if Jean ever reconsidered endorsement deals ("No Excuse Jeans") when the X-Men became public sensations again during the Morrison run...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'm starting to appreciate this FoX-Men uniform and wish we'd seen it in more action...
    That costume looks so great! Yeah, I will never understand why Jean (Sophie) did not wear that costume (top pic) in the Dark Phoenix movie. Sales would have been higher too, lol!