Page 369 of 432 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be beautiful

Attachment 101903
    Art by https://twitter.com/perlanation?s=09

I'm not big on the "Jean with Psi Weapons" thing, but since a third of the other major X-Men are doing it, why not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im still holding out hope for a twist that has Jean wielding the Cerebro sword
    All of the legendary blades/swords have some sort of innate ability...

What can the Cerebro sword do?
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-30-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I did not enjoy that scene, magneto questioning her was kinda patronizing and the issue I have is that the sword was made by magneto, if Jean had shaped it with her tk maybe I would feel differently but history can't be made by "ifs".
    I wonder when Jean will finally have a storyline where she gets to make some decisions, i want her to get some agency back..... as of right now she feels marginal and kinda inconsequential.
    Don't take it the wrong way, I know she can't always take center stage but I'm really missing her (despite her very short appearances here and there).
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

It probably has residual data from the backups or at least allows whoever grabs it to understand the hows and whys of Cerebro's internal work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Under the artist’s pen, characters don’t age (and they even seem to de-age) but, still, Jean Grey is no more a young lady if you consider all the adventures she went through. So the “boring outfits” seem to me more fitting… (And Rachel could very well take the “sexy lady” place. Make Way for Tomorrow!)

This dissonance is one of the reasons I’m unable to consider Hickman’s run very seriously.
    I don't necessarily want to see her "sexy it up" (that's Emma's forte and not really "in character" for Jean)...but that doesn't mean she can't be shown to explore a more outgoing uninhibited sense of style now and again
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Some things intrigue me in this scene. This way of her flying, and also this "submission" in the dialogue. Considering the connection she has with Prof Xavier, both as a student and teacher, and as a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Some things intrigue me in this scene. This way of her flying, and also this "submission" in the dialogue. Considering the connection she has with Prof Xavier, both as a student and teacher, and as a mutant.
    She is flying… in a miniskirt… Could she be less practical?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Jean has too much respect for herself not to wear matching, green, short tights under her miniskirt.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-01-2020 at 02:52 PM.

she looks so ridiculous and it's sad

For its time it was cute now we're almost in 2021 c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    She is flying… in a miniskirt… Could she be less practical?
    It's a power move. And it is practical.

First, she shows that she is a confident woman not ashamed of her body. She doesn't care what those below her, literally, see when they look up, she is above them.

Second, remember that Marauders issue, when a few goons with anti-mind control training were fighting the x-men, and Emma show some boobs and got them distrcted enough to control their minds?
    Imagine what Jean's miniskirt can do.

Jean has too much respect for herself not to wear matching, green, short tights under her miniskirt.
    maybe she is not wearing anything..... how about that?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    maybe she is not wearing anything..... how about that?
    Yeah...totally a possibility....lol

I had added this to another thread but figured I'd put it here too.

I think something like Lorna's X-Men Blue costume would have worked well for Jean, it at least would have been better than the mini dress

I agree with everybody who really dislikes Jean Grey's current costume. Gosh, this green mini dress is HORRIBLE and does not make sense in the field at all. No idea why Jonathan Hickman does not accept Dauterman's gorgeous design as her new look?

I wish each artist draws her dress, boots and gloves like this... i love how she looks here, very beautiful. And maybe the dress a little longer.

Or this
    Last edited by jorge17881; 11-02-2020 at 10:29 AM.