Page 371 of 432 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    at least they could have designed a new dress, maybe something more current, a different color too
    Yeah my main problem is that she looks sooooo outdated next to all of the other X-Men. I think the only other character who went back to an old costume was Piotr, but his look hasn't evolved nearly as much as Jean's over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    An intriguing crossover pairing I've never honestly considered before. Thanks for posting this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

I think something like Lorna's X-Men Blue costume would have worked well for Jean...
    In the category of designs for other characters that would work for Jean, a lot of Lornas costumes (especially in her X-Factor days) DO look like something better designed for Jean.
    Currently the alternate design for Abigail Brand in SWORD by Valerio Schiti - who seems to have never done a Jean Grey redesign oddly enough - hits the right spots as for a redesign of the ""Marvel Dress".
    jean grey brand marvel.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-02-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Art by https://twitter.com/perlanation?s=09

I'm not big on the "Jean with Psi Weapons" thing, but since a third of the other major X-Men are doing it, why not?
    No Psi Weapons for Jean unless she's on the Astral Plane. They are a crutch for uninspired artist. I'll take her psionic psychedelic mental probes over stabby stabby focused totality anyday, though I didn't mind her lil phoenix raptors in X-MEN #71 by Pacheco.

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-03-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Women could wear what they want.
    Sure thing!! But it is a woman character in a comic book dressed by a male author who gets totally defensive every time people online criticize this outdated fashion choice...
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-02-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In the category of designs for other characters that would work for Jean, a lot of Lornas costumes (especially in her X-Factor days) DO look like something better designed for Jean.
    Currently the alternate design for Abigail Brand in SWORD by Valerio Schiti - who seems to have never done a Jean Grey redesign oddly enough - hits the right spots as for a redesign of the ""Marvel Dress".
    jean grey brand marvel.jpg
    great! that totally works!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    That was Jean’s costume from the final episode of X-Men Evolution
    Attachment 101958
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Close, but not quite.

No, this was the future Prof X foresaw after Jean defeated him and cleared his head of Apocalypse.

Prof X said "....And with a heavy heart, I saw the dearest of friends become our most dire enemy!"

In the future, Jean wore this black and gold costume as her adult uniform. Jean was wearing this as she turned into Phoenix, screaming as she did so (see 1st pic).
    That was the final episode of X-MEN:EVOLUTION that aired, "Ascension – Part 2".
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-03-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That was the final episode of X-MEN:EVOLUTION that aired, "Ascension – Part 2".
    Right, but that was the Jean in the future. It was not like Jean wore it during the last episode. It was a 2-4 second glimpse that was shown as Prof X talked at the very end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah my main problem is that she looks sooooo outdated next to all of the other X-Men. I think the only other character who went back to an old costume was Piotr, but his look hasn't evolved nearly as much as Jean's over the years.
    That is the intention, Jean is retro and only her... Piotr I barely notice since his costumes are not that different

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That is the intention, Jean is retro and only her... Piotr I barely notice since his costumes are not that different
    Nightcrawler is also wearing his classic costume. I kind of wish Storm also wore her classic costume from tie to time if only to make Jean not look so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Kwannon is unlucky too, having inherited Betsy's old, sexualized outfit

The difference is that Kurt and Betsy (in Kwannon’s body) were wearing those costumes (or at least very similar variations) at least up into the 2010s. Of course Jean wasn’t around for a while but even before that she had clearly moved past this very dated look.

Sigh, can we collectively move on from complaining about her costume? It feels like this thread has been largely the same repetitive discussion for the past year and a half. That, her codename and not liking Hickman seem to keep rotating
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-03-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sigh, can we collectively move on from complaining about her costume? It feels like this thread has been largely the same repetitive discussion for the past year and a half. That, her codename and not like Hickman seem to keep rotating
    What's funny to me is that by just replacing Hickman with Tini this could be a post on Betsy's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What's funny to me is that by just replacing Hickman with Tini this could be a post on Betsy's thread.
    LOL..you are so right. I dont go into that thread too often but yeah its plagued by the same issues