Page 377 of 432 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean should reclaim the Phoenix Force and get a new great costume or go back to the green Phoenix one. Only use the PF in dire need times. Maybe use it to help Krakoa plans develp faster. Just my 2 cents worth......
    I've been dying for an updated Phoenix look. Like modern, no miniskirt haha. I completely agree! She doesn't have to op all the time but only in a crisis so it helps the writer

I dont think about it. I wish it would stop being brought up in here as it really has nothing to do with Jean and just pisses on her legacy

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

X-FORCE #17

BENJAMIN PERCY (W), JOSHUA CASSARA (A/C)

LOVE AND DEATH! Death gives QUENTIN QUIRE a new lease on life. Long live Quentin Quire!

32 pages, $3.99.
    The anti-Russian fascist is still there...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by porcelainfire View Post
    What do you guys think about the Enter the Phoenix event? I'm kind of hoping in the end, Jean is the one that comes in and takes it and either harnesses it or shuts it down overall again. I'm not liking how this one thing that had set Jean apart as a character is over branded and now being used as an Avenger thing. She is the one true vessel and now they keep diluting it. (I may be a little biased by the treatment of X-Men and Avengers after the whole MCU thing so any involvement of the Avengers makes me salty )
    I agree with you, but powerful Jean Grey scares Hickman. Lol

So no Phoenix for her.

On another note: our girl is still in X-Force. Thank goodness, PercyCassara continue to bless us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think about it. I wish it would stop being brought up in here as it really has nothing to do with Jean and just pisses on her legacy
    Which is why people keep bringing it up. Since Hickman made her Marvel Girl Jean has been made entirely into a background character. Clearly he wants her out of the way for now.

I can understand for the beginning parts of House of X to focus on others, but at this point Jean should be playing a greater role since it is clear Hickman like’s cosmic and magical stories. But crap like AvX really screwed up the Phoenix so Hickman and the X-office have some serious ignoring or retconning to do.

Then again Hickman May have long term plans for the Phoenix. Marvel these days does Avery good job of preventing leaks. These days the write the comings books as parts of big events than can lead to movies. Since the X-Men are a nation and Phoenix is a big Avengers character Hickman and Marvel are probably planning a new AvX, where the Avengers invade Krakoa because Jean has reclaimed the Phoenix.

I think Fox producing a crappy Dark Phoenix movie yet again didn’t help but the cool thing is I think it killed off any future Dark Phoenix stories with Jean. Been there don’t that.

At one point they seemed to want to make every powerful woman go crazy as a repeat of Dark Phoenix and after a point it was not only sexist but basically plagiarism of the true Dark Phoenix story.

I think though it bombed in the box office that’s one thing the second Fox movie got right. Jean reclaimed her mind, saves the day, didn’t die and killed off Jean as Dark Phoenix stories.

Jean, Rachel and Hope should Team-up and send the Phoenix far away to another Galaxy so the Avengers writers or Logan can't use it.

Currently the Phoenix seems like a powerup for fodders even street level characters can have it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Jean, Rachel and Hope should Team-up and send the Phoenix far away to another Galaxy so the Avengers writers or Logan can't use it.

Currently the Phoenix seems like a powerup for fodders even street level characters can have it...
    That’s actually the problem. If the X-Men office won’t use it the Avengers office will. Asgard is in another Galaxy. Lol. So are Guardians of the Galaxy. Realistically the Avengers office are going to keep using the Phoenix unless the X-office reclaims it.

And no more Jean sending the Phoenix away storylines!

Saturnyne is writtten as a compelling character and she is the omniversal majestrix and can do anything with a snap. So if she can have all that power I don’t see why Jean cannot be Phoenix. Saturnyne is not a foot soldier or a hero but they could get creative in how Phoenix is used.

And Saturnyne is used way more than Jean these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That’s actually the problem. If the X-Men office won’t use it the Avengers office will. Asgard is in another Galaxy. Lol. So are Guardians of the Galaxy. Realistically the Avengers office are going to keep using the Phoenix unless the X-office reclaims it.

Saturnyne is writtten as a compelling character and she is the omniversal majestrix and can do anything with a snap. So if she can have all that power I don’t see why Jean cannot be Phoenix. Saturnyne is not a foot soldier or a hero but they could get creative in how Phoenix is used.

Amen.

This is why I think Jean should reclaim the PF and the Name of Phoenix. She can keep the PF in reserve for when things really get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Yes I agree! And we need more Jean in the current line-up. I feel like they forgot about her since X-Men Red. Add her to more teams besides X-Force too.

I would always love to see moe Jean but she isnt a background character. Thats what one would say about the likes of Husk, Angel, Banshee or Dazzler, all of whom have had very little presence in the current era. Jean is actually utilized quite well in X-Force by Percy and makes semi-regular appearances across the line in the capacity of a Council member and a couple of issues under her belt in X-men as a field member, not to mention her oneshot earlier this year. Even in the current XOS story which is heavily skewed towards the sword bearers, she has a role thats more than the cameo appearances that DOX headliners Emma and Kitty have here. With so many characters back in the X-fold I think the balance with Jean has been quite fine. She isnt overexposed but I also dont feel as if she's underutilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would always love to see moe Jean but she isnt a background character. Thats what one would say about the likes of Husk, Angel, Banshee or Dazzler, all of whom have had very little presence in the current era. Jean is actually utilized quite well in X-Force by Percy and makes semi-regular appearances across the line in the capacity of a Council member and a couple of issues under her belt in X-men as a field member, not to mention her oneshot earlier this year. Even in the current XOS story which is heavily skewed towards the sword bearers, she has a role thats more than the cameo appearances that DOX headliners Emma and Kitty have here. With so many characters back in the X-fold I think the balance with Jean has been quite fine. She isnt overexposed but I also dont feel as if she's underutilized.
    I agree. She may not be Wolverine-level exposed in the X-Books at the moment but she’s received a decent amount of exposure across the line so far.

It would be interesting in Cable # 6 if Rachel showed up to help out, like the whole family. Or at least be mentioned by Jean

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Then they'll just make Peter Quill the Phoenix

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be interesting in Cable # 6 if Rachel showed up to help out, like the whole family. Or at least be mentioned by Jean
    Yeah, you think she’d ask her daughter or fellow Omega Telepath Quentin...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Then they'll just make Peter Quill the Phoenix
    This. It would suck!