Page 378 of 432 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Yeah, you think she’d ask her daughter or fellow Omega Telepath Quentin...
    I think she’d ask her daughter and Emma and the Cuckoos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would always love to see moe Jean but she isnt a background character. Thats what one would say about the likes of Husk, Angel, Banshee or Dazzler, all of whom have had very little presence in the current era. Jean is actually utilized quite well in X-Force by Percy and makes semi-regular appearances across the line in the capacity of a Council member and a couple of issues under her belt in X-men as a field member, not to mention her oneshot earlier this year. Even in the current XOS story which is heavily skewed towards the sword bearers, she has a role thats more than the cameo appearances that DOX headliners Emma and Kitty have here. With so many characters back in the X-fold I think the balance with Jean has been quite fine. She isnt overexposed but I also dont feel as if she's underutilized.
    She isn’t a lead character like Captain Britain, Psylocke, Apocalypse, Kate Pryde, etc. Jean is literally doing nothing to move the story these days. She didn’t even get a role in X of swords.

And please that tacky green dress always looked hookerish to me. I guess that’s why she wears the mask so no one will know her identity.

Don’t get me wrong I love Jean but in no way was this a great depiction. Jeen actually showed leadership skills as did X-Men Res Jean until the X-Men got rebooted. Now she’s just a passive member of the Quiet Council.

I wished they would just go again the Claremont revolution route and show how Jean re-creates her own Phoenix signature through her own psy powers. Maybe give her some pink Phoenix signature, let her use the name Phoenix again, dressed in Dauterman's costume with good hair, and I'm happy with it.

Aaron utterly destroyed the Phoenix Force (a Wolverine Phoenix?!?!?! Seriously, dude?). I do not think anybody can redeem it now. I do not need it in Jean's life although for me my favorite Jean version are her during Claremont's and Morrison's run. When I think about Jean I think about the phoenix.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-20-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I wished they would just go again the Claremont revolution route and show how Jean re-creates her own Phoenix signature through her own psy powers. Maybe give her some pink Phoenix signature, let her use the name Phoenix again, dressed in Dauterman's costume with good hair, and I'm happy with it.

Aaron utterly destroyed the Phoenix Force (a Wolverine Phoenix?!?!?! Seriously, dude?). I do not think anybody can redeem it now. I do not need it in Jean's life although for me my favorite Jean version are her during Claremont's and Morrison's run. When I think about Jean I think about the phoenix.
    This got me thinking about what we both liked in that run.........

What If? Jean accepted the PF back, but she actually changes into the Phoenix in dire times.

So normally she is Jean Grey/"(Whatever Name") with her own costume and her powerset.

But then, just like in that original run, when a major threat happens, Jean actually transforms into Phoenix with Phoenix costume and Green Phoenix abilities. Jean has to consciously will this to happen and her powers are "only" her powers without any Phoenix enhancement, until she actually does transform. When the threat is over, Jean changes back to herself in her own costume (and power levels).

BANNED

Jean is currently treated like Sue is in the FF books, both of them appear a good amount of times but they feel completely irrelevant compared to their previous runs (Jean in X-Men Red and Sue in the FF run just before 2015's Secret Wars) , their respective writers currently like to pretend Jean and Sue are important but the stories they're in could go on without them and not much would change.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think she’d ask her daughter and Emma and the Cuckoos.
    Right but unfortunately Jean is back to not interacting with Rachel. So that's where we are in 2020. Jean's telepathic go to's don't include her. Jean's familial interactions don't include her. I just think it's sad that Jean's character is being tarnished by writers by showing that Jean isn't interested in engaging with Rachel on panel in any form but talking about the importance of family. That's not the Jean I love.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Jean is currently treated like Sue is in the FF books, both of them appear a good amount of times but they feel completely irrelevant compared to their previous runs (Jean in X-Men Red and Sue in the FF run just before 2015's Secret Wars) , their respective writers currently like to pretend Jean and Sue are important but the stories they're in could go on without them and not much would change.
    Literally Jean's biggest issues in DOX, many of her peers are engaged in stories that their leading the narrative on and have been since HOX/POX. However much of Jean's agency has been lost, it boggles my my that with the concept of Krakoa being developed, no one has mentioned that Jean had literally thought of a similar idea and was in charge of rolling it out. At the very least I would have thought Jean would have deeper connections with Xavier and Storm. But she rarely interacts with Xavier in anyway that's meaningful and while she has interacted with Storm. Compare any of their interactions to Wolvie/Cyke whom Hickman is actively developing a friendship between the two.

Jean does consistently appear, but her problems are similar to the 90's where she was there but she only ever reacted to what's happening around her, even her connections to Rachel and Nathan it is obvious that the focus is on Cyke with Jean rounding them out playing the archetype "mom" role. It one of the biggest issues readers had with Jean in the 14 years she was gone, many times there's nothing substantive to her contributions in stories. You could switch Jean out for any other telepath in the X-men across all the stories she's been in thus far and unfortunately nothing would change about those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She isn’t a lead character like Captain Britain, Psylocke, Apocalypse, Kate Pryde, etc. Jean is literally doing nothing to move the story these days. She didn’t even get a role in X of swords.

And please that tacky green dress always looked hookerish to me. I guess that’s why she wears the mask so no one will know her identity.

Don’t get me wrong I love Jean but in no way was this a great depiction. Jeen actually showed leadership skills as did X-Men Res Jean until the X-Men got rebooted. Now she’s just a passive member of the Quiet Council.
    She's been integral to the plotline in X-force, her current ongoing. That plot has been put on hold bc of XOS but the last issue before the crossover had her back in the fold and it will definitely pick up when its over. She's teased in the solicits of X-men post-XOS as well as part of the space team. She may not be lead like Betsy but she most certainly has been utilized better than her and has made more appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I have been thinking the same, she's relegated to the role of cheerleader instead of that of a player, it's really annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Literally Jean's biggest issues in DOX, many of her peers are engaged in stories that their leading the narrative on and have been since HOX/POX. However much of Jean's agency has been lost, it boggles my my that with the concept of Krakoa being developed, no one has mentioned that Jean had literally thought of a similar idea and was in charge of rolling it out. At the very least I would have thought Jean would have deeper connections with Xavier and Storm. But she rarely interacts with Xavier in anyway that's meaningful and while she has interacted with Storm. Compare any of their interactions to Wolvie/Cyke whom Hickman is actively developing a friendship between the two.

Jean does consistently appear, but her problems are similar to the 90's where she was there but she only ever reacted to what's happening around her, even her connections to Rachel and Nathan it is obvious that the focus is on Cyke with Jean rounding them out playing the archetype "mom" role. It one of the biggest issues readers had with Jean in the 14 years she was gone, many times there's nothing substantive to her contributions in stories. You could switch Jean out for any other telepath in the X-men across all the stories she's been in thus far and unfortunately nothing would change about those stories.
    exactly, I could not agree more!

She's been integral to the plotline in X-force, her current ongoing. That plot has been put on hold bc of XOS but the last issue before the crossover had her back in the fold and it will definitely pick up when its over. She's teased in the solicits of X-men post-XOS as well as part of the space team. She may not be lead like Betsy but she most certainly has been utilized better than her and has made more appearances
    her role in x-force or x-men wasn't "integral" in my opinion, you could basically swap her with any another psi character and nothing of consequence would be lost in the story.
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-20-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jean is bigger than putting her as a girlfriend for cyke and wolvie. She should have certain suspicions and a greater connection with Xavier ... It is likely that she doesn't even know about Moira. But it would be nice to see her suspecting krakoa. Feel things and go head to head, with good dialogues, against Xavier or Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

her role in x-force or x-men wasn't "integral" in my opinion, you could basically swap her with any another psi character and nothing of consequence would be lost in the story.
    Percy has played off her personal connection to Xavier, Beast and Logan and he couldnt have done that with just any other psi

Percy has played off her personal connection to Xavier, Beast and Logan and he couldnt have done that with just any other psi
    he did acknowledge it, but it felt flat to me, maybe I was expecting too much or maybe it kinda went nowhere and it could have been more exciting with a little more effort...... I can only speak for myself, I'm underwhelmed so far and I'm fully aware it could have been worse.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Her portrayal in X-Force has been pretty good but it just hasn't been enough. Like, literally, in terms of panel-time.

Like people above said i like the idea of Jean suspicting of Xavier...

Remember those early HoX days when people were saying that Xavier used his telepathy on Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

To be fair, I think any other TP in X-Force would yield a different story. It was Jean's omeganess that allowed the power interaction between Sage and Black Tom, never mind the story beats centered around Jean being a Goody Two-Shoes and coming into conflict with Beast.

Hickman's use of her though? Yeah slip any telepath or any character that can talk over long distances in there.