Page 387 of 432 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Well I don't agree with the role and with jean being submissive to him. It's bad, we are in 2020
    She isnt submissive to him. They spent the entire story working in unison together. Hickman/Howard/Duggan wrote them as equals throughout the crossover

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She isnt submissive to him. They spent the entire story working in unison together. Hickman/Howard/Duggan wrote them as equals throughout the crossover
    I don't think so, Scott thoughts are a lot more important than her. She had no problem with council before and now she is out

She should lead a team or be a commander, on the same level as the Cyclops, but not with him

Who will be in the place of Apoc and Jean? I imagine Shaw should be leaving soon ...
    Last edited by andreikes; 11-25-2020 at 10:27 AM.

I don't think so, Scott thoughts are a lot more important than her. She had no problem with council before and now she is out
    I disagree, this felt as much Jean's choice as it did Scott's........considering the number of characters involved I'm satisfied with the way Jean was written and featured.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    She should lead a team or be a commander, on the same level as the Cyclops, but not with him
    Well she is out of council, so they giving her the role of commander is unlikely. I think Cyclops isn't commander anymore or shouldn't be since Jean lost her role on council

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I am a bit bummed to see Jean no longer a part of the Quiet Council. I liked her having a seat there, and being a part of the choices that shaped Krakoa. However, her motivation behind it was very true to form. I also really enjoyed her talk with Kurt, and how she didn't want him to leave. Jean knew him leaving would make things unbalanced, and she was able to recognize that. Overall, the ending was nice for Jean, and X-Men in particular was a nice character issue for her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Alas...Nothing could be said to have reason prevail. You might as well be shouting into the wind.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Her losing a Council seat would only be bad if her fate was left nebulous but we know there are plans for her, so this is exciting. The change will help keep her from feeling stagnant as she can now move onto a new story beat as her voice and agency is why she isnt with the Council or X-Force anymore. This was needed as we are seeing cracks in Krakoa with not everyone seemingly being on board for all things that are done by those in charge. Jean is now on the "outside" and that puts her in a unique position to question and call things up in a way that she wasnt able to when she was rolling with the majority. I'm really am more optimistic about her future now in a way that I wasnt when we were first introduced to her in HOX. XOS set up the next phase of her arc quite well IMO

Her losing a Council seat would only be bad if her fate was left nebulous but we know there are plans for her, so this is exciting. The change will help keep her from feeling stagnant as she can now move onto a new story beat as her voice and agency is why she isnt with the Council or X-Force anymore. This was needed as we are seeing cracks in Krakoa with not everyone seemingly being on board for all things that are done by those in charge. Jean is now on the "outside" and that puts her in a unique position to question and call things up in a way that she wasnt able to when she was rolling with the majority. I'm really am more optimistic about her future now in a way that I wasnt when we were first introduced to her in HOX. XOS set up the next phase of her arc quite well IMO
    yep, I agree, I'm finally feeling more optimistic about Jean future in these comics.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Jean shouldn't even roll with majority, she was always outspoken. This is just Hickman writing for the plot

Jean shouldn't even roll with majority, she was always outspoken. This is just Hickman writing for the plot
    she is not Quentin Quire, speaking out of general consensus for the sake of it it's never been her trademark.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder if she will move over to SWORD...as she already has limited working knowledge and experience on the station.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    she is not Quentin Quire, speaking out of general consensus for the sake of it it's never been her trademark.
    Well they are rolling back her chaarterization some decades ago

If it were the x men red costume, it would make a perfect wallpaper '' to me, my x-men ''

BANNED

That moment where Scott permits Jean to say "to me my X-Men"?

Chef's kiss.