Page 399 of 432 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6479
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That preview for Jean is excellent. I'm not really keen on picking up that crossover (or whatever it is), but it looks like Jean could have a powerful moment in there. I'm happy that Jean is representing the X-Men alongside Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine. Very much the core four of the franchise.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That preview for Jean is excellent. I'm not really keen on picking up that crossover (or whatever it is), but it looks like Jean could have a powerful moment in there. I'm happy that Jean is representing the X-Men alongside Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine. Very much the core four of the franchise.
    I'm hoping whatever Storm is holding in that preview has a part to play in the main book.
    I don't want to have to read a side book for Storm, I'd rather she be part of the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hoping whatever Storm is holding in that preview has a part to play in the main book.
    I don't want to have to read a side book for Storm, I'd rather she be part of the main event.
    Oops, sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the King in Black event.

Though, whatever Storm is holding might play out in Marauders. Though perhaps Ororo will get an X-Men focused issue that will explain what object she's holding.

Agreed. I don't have strong feelings about the Marvel Girl dress but that art makes it look great.

BANNED

Others are usually not as quick to say how much Jean sucks or downplay her moments in this era as much as her own fans apparently

There could be more hints either coming up or moments that becomes hints in hindsight depending on whatever else comes out. Again, this is serialized storytelling that is taking its time, just because we are not getting answers RIGHT NOW doesn't mean there won't be. Being left to wonder and speculate is part of the fun of the ride, it's just not as easy as it is to say "Hickman hates Jean and no good will come of us this." So this theory could pan out, or some other thing entirely could happen. Nobody can see the future and there really isn't much of a pattern to accurately predict it despite what some may claim.
    Of course I don't think we will get answers so soon, even if hickman is moving the plot too slow. What I need is osme hints on what is going onIt's been 1 year and a half since the first issue.

I think there is a reason that we don't the beggining of Krakoa, we just see Xavier braodcasting the new mutant country and then everyone already on krakoa.

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the King in Black event.

Though, whatever Storm is holding might play out in Marauders. Though perhaps Ororo will get an X-Men focused issue that will explain what object she's holding.
    Oh no worries, I should have clarified. I wasn't talking about King in Black, but your mention of her along with Scott and Jean prompted me to think of the main x-title where they will both be. Since she's going into space with them, I hope that is connected.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Of course I don't think we will get answers so soon, even if hickman is moving the plot too slow. What I need is osme hints on what is going onIt's been 1 year and a half since the first issue.

I think there is a reason that we don't the beggining of Krakoa, we just see Xavier braodcasting the new mutant country and then everyone already on krakoa.
    1 year isn't that long of a stretch of time (especially factoring in Covid) for various subplots to simmer in the background. Especially for modern storytelling in comics, and with such a massive set of characters.

People need to factor in that all of this serialized storytelling? It doesn't take that long to read when it's all collected. It's why the monthly model has limitations, it makes everything seem more drawn out than it actually is. But its not going to take you a year on re-reads.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-29-2020 at 02:14 PM.

BANNED

Oh no worries, I should have clarified. I wasn't talking about King in Black, but your mention of her along with Scott and Jean prompted me to think of the main x-title where they will both be. Since she's going into space with them, I hope that is connected.

1 year isn't that long of a stretch of time (especially factoring in Covid) for various subplots to simmer in the background. Especially for modern storytelling in comics, and with such a massive set of characters.

People need to factor in that all of this serialized storytelling? It doesn't take that long to read when it's all collected. It's why the monthly model has limitations, it makes everything seem more drawn out than it actually is. But its not going to take you a year on re-reads.
    even with covid the schedule is already back to normal, 1 year and a half is a long time.

im not asking to go solving every plot with one issue ech month, but if writers want to keep people interested in a ongoing story, they have to do better placing hints for the plots. hickman have been terrible in developing sub-plots.
    Reader needs nuggets to keep coming back

even with covid the schedule is already back to normal, 1 year and a half is a long time.

im not asking to go solving every plot with one issue ech month, but if writers want to keep people interested in a ongoing story, they have to do better placing hints for the plots. hickman have been terrible in developing sub-plots.
    Reader needs nuggets to keep coming back
    Most seem to think he's doing a good job of it.

Some negativity on this forum aside, they seem to be doing well in sales, so readers are coming back. We cannot say in any objective way that he's bad at developing subplots.

BANNED

I see a lot of critics here and on twitter, some on real life too. Sales seems to be ok, but I wouldn't call it a hit. At least not for a superstar writer like Hickman. It's bad that we aren' getting estimates for many issues this year and there was a crossover that inflate the numbers. Soon it will get back to normal and it will be easier to analize

I see a lot of critics here and on twitter, some on real life too. Sales seems to be ok, but I wouldn't call it a hit. At least not for a superstar writer like Hickman. It's bad that we aren' getting estimates for many issues this year and there was a crossover that inflate the numbers. Soon it will get back to normal and it will be easier to analize
    There is critics for everything, and I wouldn't say people being loud on here or Twitter is indicative of a majority. "Real life" is also vague and anecdotal, and therefore kind of meaningless.

The X-Books seem to be in the top 10 of sales whenever they come out. By what metric is Hickman's run not selling enough, and what is an example of the numbers it should be achieving?

BANNED

There is critics for everything, and I wouldn't say people being loud on here or Twitter is indicative of a majority. "Real life" is also vague and anecdotal, and therefore kind of meaningless.

The X-Books seem to be in the top 10 of sales whenever they come out. By what metric is Hickman's run not selling enough, and what is an example of the numbers it should be achieving?
    You mean comixology top 10? that is niche as twitter, it is 10% of prints sales. There isn't print weekly charts
    metrics are what previous runs sold.

You mean comixology top 10? that is niche as twitter, it is 10% of prints sales. There isn't print weekly charts
    metrics are what previous runs sold.
    If there isn't weekly print charts, how do you know it's not selling as well as expected lol.

Also, previous runs aren't reliable considering print sales tend to go more and more down in general as years go by. It may be selling proportionally as well in this era as others did in their eras.

This era isn't going to flop just because you want it to.

Ah okay. Hopefully it will be.

BANNED

If there isn't weekly print charts, how do you know it's not selling as well as expected lol.

Also, previous runs aren't reliable considering print sales tend to go more and more down in general as years go by. It may be selling proportionally as well in this era as others did in their eras.
    There is monthly chart that I hope will come back full on next year, so we can have reliable monthly data.

Well the only way to know if a run is doing good is benchmark to a old one. What else I'm going to compare, with batman books?
    Print sales went up and not down on the last years.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wonder Woman was depowered in DC comics. Gloria Steinem, the famous feminist, lead protesters into DC Comics Lobby.

DC comics gave in and reported Wonder Woman.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...m-wonder-woman

Steinem and those other Wonder Woman fans were woman enough to take things seriously and not hide behind fake profiles. They successfully lobbied for change instead of saying it’s not serious when someone says why you don’t do something productive instead of endless trolling on a message forum.
    Jean doesn’t need a ”roar feminist” moment to still be a major part of the book. So tired of everyone thinking she needs to proclaim something on behalf of all women. It’s pathetic.

She’s a major part of this run. She’s doing great things. It’s ok to have a nice relationship, she’s not begging at the feet of Scott to do something.