Page 40 of 432 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean's Giant size uniform by VinnySAart. The pink phoenixy effect is great

Wow! I love this design and the colors. Definitely Jean Grey at her best. As much as I love the Marvel Girl attire, I think this should be her de-facto uniform moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    How long does she wear the X uniform? I don’t remember seeing her in it very much.
    She wears this one specifically from X-men #1 to X-Men #27. Then she changes into this guy for twelve issues before wearing the Marvel Girl dress.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Please Lord, let this be her regular costume. The Marvel Girl outfit is an eye sore.

very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

You can tell that he is a fan. I think this picture depicts how fans see this character. Unfortunately I don't think a lot of the creators see her in exactly the same way. This image shows how powerful and majestic she can be. I do think Jean will continue to be portrayed as powerful in X-force and probably in her Wolverine appearances. I am hopeful that Hickman does well with her in Giant Sized coming up. Hopefully after it we will no longer fear his portrayals of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You can tell that he is a fan. I think this picture depicts how fans see this character. Unfortunately I don't think a lot of the creators see her in exactly the same way. This image shows how powerful and majestic she can be. I do think Jean will continue to be portrayed as powerful in X-force and probably in her Wolverine appearances. I am hopeful that Hickman does well with her in Giant Sized coming up. Hopefully after it we will no longer fear his portrayals of Jean.
    Well said scratch that very well said, bravo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I would be down if this was her look for the x-books.
    First X-Lady

I e just re read (painfully) the Jean Grey mini series, and made me realise how much i disliked whinny Jeen, and how i thought Ghost Jean was so out of character, Jeans “voice” was just totally wrongbthroughout it.

I really hope Hockman gets Jean’s voice right in the upcoming Jean / Emma book. I think hell get Emma spot on, but having seen his Jean.....i am not convinced.

What are your thoughts?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

How Hickman writes Jean in Giant-Sized is a pretty sizable concern of mine, especially given how well she's written in X-Force. I'm concerned if that Hickman doesn't write her well she's going to play second fiddle to Emma and that's going to be how people write her going forward.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't think that's something we'll have to worry about with Dauterman and Hickman working Marvel style together for Giant Sized. Jean is Dauterman's favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I e just re read (painfully) the Jean Grey mini series, and made me realise how much i disliked whinny Jeen, and how i thought Ghost Jean was so out of character, Jeans “voice” was just totally wrongbthroughout it.

I really hope Hockman gets Jean’s voice right in the upcoming Jean / Emma book. I think hell get Emma spot on, but having seen his Jean.....i am not convinced.

What are your thoughts?
    We discussed this at length during the run, but I loved both teen Jean and Ghost Jean. I called Ghost Jean as our Jean when others were convinced she was Cassandra Nova or some other villain. I thought her voice was great and definitely Jean though she wasn’t the saintly version most prefer for Jean (see X-men red or X-men TAS).

Hopeless explained ghost Jean well-she was dead and trying desperately to help Teen Jean. The scenes with Emma and Ghost Jean are some of my all time favorite.

Teen Jean was whinier under Hopeless than Bendis but it comes down to style. Hopeless wrote her as a modern day teenager.

In short, loved both Teen Jean and Ghost Jean. I came back to comics after a several year break to collect the Jean Grey solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

What are your thoughts?
    Teen Jean maxi series was badly written. I enjoyed some team ups like Psylocke, Doctor Strange and Thor.
    But Hopeless doesn't get adult or teen Jean right.
    Bunn did a good job with more mature teen Jean and a very loving and reasonable adult Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Teen Jean was whinier under Hopeless than Bendis but it comes down to style. Hopeless wrote her as a modern day teenager.
    as a aunt of a 13 year old, maybe you are right. But Jean shouldn't be written like hi, not all teenagers are equal

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    How Hickman writes Jean in Giant-Sized is a pretty sizable concern of mine, especially given how well she's written in X-Force. I'm concerned if that Hickman doesn't write her well she's going to play second fiddle to Emma and that's going to be how people write her going forward.
    Hickman writing of Jean majority of times is lazy and unispired. I hope that Dauterman can balance it well Emma and Jean powers. But unispired writing is impossbile for the penciller solve

It's a really big problem that Dauterman suggested Jean and Storm, later Emma then Hickman resolved to made this Jean and Emma. Ororo just got kicked aside
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-10-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

nice surprise.
    that means teen jean comeback for a while? YES
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I loved so much that in x force 6 we get to see pink energy power display a lot !! <3
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

I am not sure if this was posted b4......