Page 401 of 432 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 6479

The Xmen Legends that is coming out....... are there any Jean / Phoenix stories you want to see explored? Id like to see how Jean lost her TK and Psylocke got it in xmen Revolution (and imo, one of the most underreated Jean costumes!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Look. HOX #4 Jean was bad. Hickman's Jean otherwise is... Not bad. I'm not by any means saying that it's great or even better than any particular writer's version besides like the TAS ones. But it's not giving her any "negative exposure"(outside of maybe people thinking her outfit looks ridiculous).

I have been very clear about how I dislike her losing/giving away her position in the council. But that's in the sense that it takes away an interesting thing she had going and a kind of power/recognition we feel she deserves. That scene doesn't in any way though, show HER, as a character and person in a bad light. In fact it's a considerably good moment for her that most people seem to have appreciated.
    Some think it is bad and there is a lot of reasons to think Jean is bad on Krakoa. Good that you aren't having big problems with Hickman's representation of Jean, but many are having

I couldn't care less about council if Jean got leadership on a book, if she had her own endgame. Coucil is not that interesting, but was a lace she could show up and say what she wanted. So at least she got some panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah, it's neat that Hickman had people hyped up about the X-line but if all he is going to do is have her suck at being a superhero, play telephone so the actually important character can talk, and just repeat what the main character says, she doesn't really gain any benefit from the hype.

We must also note that "the X-Men are important again" was a big part of the marketing push. It wouldn't have had as large an effect with a less hyped up writer, but them pretty much announcing that the downplaying of the X-Men was over was part of why this era was such a big deal.

Main thing though: Jean gets nothing but negative exposure if she is just going to be a version of how people describe 90s Jean. It only hurts her.

The most memorable thing Jean Grey has done when being handled by Hickman is get told off by Wolverine and M for not understanding the mission and then falling to pieces during it.
    Jean took 15 years to be a protagonist again and Hickman shoved her back to being a girlfriend
    Last edited by baxer; 12-01-2020 at 08:52 AM.

I'm definitely interested to see where the storyline with Jean goes next year because in her first year at Krakoa she moved on from not one but two high profile commitments and positions (revoking her council & X-Force memberships!).

Maybe she will really set out to become some sort of political opposition/party/leader to the current "government" or we will see a new schism in the near future where a group of mutants will leave Krakoa and start something new. I really hope Hickman will discover Jean in "X-Men: Red" and will take this run as seriously as many others comicbook runs he has so masterfully integrated into his new X-Men lore interpretation.

...or maybe she will become a full-time mom taking care of little Cable (he is clearly a difficult wayward child and could use motherly discipline).........
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    The Xmen Legends that is coming out....... are there any Jean / Phoenix stories you want to see explored? Id like to see how Jean lost her TK and Psylocke got it in xmen Revolution (and imo, one of the most underreated Jean costumes!)
    I agree! all of it. would be great to get Claremont telling us this storyline! Psylocke seemed very bitter for a while in regards to Jean. SO it would be interesting to find out what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm definitely interested to see where the storyline with Jean goes next year because in her first year at Krakoa she moved on from not one but two high profile commitments and positions (revoking her council & X-Force memberships!).

Maybe she will really set out to become some sort of political opposition/party/leader to the current "government" or we will see a new schism in the near future where a group of mutants will leave Krakoa and start something new. I really hope Hickman will discover Jean in "X-Men: Red" and will taker this run as seriously as many others comicbook run he has so masterfully integrated into his new X-Men lore interpretation.

...or maybe she will become a full-time mom taking care of little Cable (he is clearly a difficult wayward child and could use motherly discipline).........
    Im excited about her bc she no longer has those commitments to hold her back. She's in a good position to start opposing some of the more nefarious aspects of Krakoa, like we saw her do with Beast. Im hoping to see more of that especially when it comes to the likes of Sinister, whom she should have NEVER been cool with having around. I want to see Jean keep a closer eye on him bc he's already been doing some shady stuff

BANNED

Maybe she will really set out to become some sort of political opposition/party/leader to the current "government" or we will see a new schism in the near future where a group of mutants will leave Krakoa and start something new. I really hope Hickman will discover Jean in "X-Men: Red" and will take this run as seriously as many others comicbook runs he has so masterfully integrated into his new X-Men lore interpretation.

I'm not sure if Jean i out of X-force, she is on the cover of the issue in February. I think she will just continue there

I agree! all of it. would be great to get Claremont telling us this storyline! Psylocke seemed very bitter for a while in regards to Jean. SO it would be interesting to find out what really happened.
    please can you point to the issues where Betsy was "very bitter" about Jean after the supposed power swap? I don't remember this ever happening so I'd like to refresh my memory.
    Last edited by Daedra; 12-01-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I'm not sure if Jean i out of X-force, she is on the cover of the issue in February. I think she will just continue there
    We know she is still in the book as she was brought in to interrogate Colossus right before XOS. She isnt on the team though, so she's no longer tied down by that obligation

But without the lame excuse that Shadow King caused it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    please can you point to the issues where Betsy was "very bitter" about Jean after the supposed power swap? I don't remember this ever happening so I'd like to refresh my memory.
    mmmh. I have read those comics years and years ago. I thought there have been some panels where it was implied that something antagonistic happened between them? I think there was also a scene where Psylocke was quite shady that Jean has received a Phoenix statue honoring her at the school after her death when Psylocke returned/was resurrected (in Claremont's X-Men Reloaded maybe)?! But maybe I'm making this up and I'm confusing stuff.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-01-2020 at 09:56 AM.

mmmh. I have read those comics years and years ago. I thought there have been some panels where it was implied that something antagonistic happened between them? I think there ways also a scene where Psylocke was quite shady that Jean received a Phoenix statue honoring her at the school after her death when Psylocke returned to the school?! But maybe I'm making this up and I'm confusing stuff.
    I remember Betsy taking note of the statue but she wasn't explicitly antagonistic toward Jean ..... maybe a bit disappointed she did not get the same treatment but it was mostly aimed at her friends.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

mmmh. I have read those comics years and years ago. I thought there have been some panels where it was implied that something antagonistic happened between them? I think there was also a scene where Psylocke was quite shady that Jean has received a Phoenix statue honoring her at the school after her death when Psylocke returned/was resurrected (in Claremont's X-Men Reloaded maybe)?! But maybe I'm making this up and I'm confusing stuff.
    I think you are misremembering things bc this wasnt exactly shady

@jamesharrenart

mg834ad6uk261.jpg

BANNED

She big mad. I love it.

A little GTA5 Mod carnage