Page 402 of 432 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    A little GTA5 Mod carnage

LOLL...This would have been perfect had she been in her Dark Phoenix costume

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOLL...This would have been perfect had she been in her Dark Phoenix costume
    lol i agree! but i loved it, lol, better than anything
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

What are your favorite DoX Jean Grey quotes?

"We were stupid and slow and careless. It's time to be smart and swift and violent."

Of course, they got invaded like 3 different times after she said this, but it was good talk, nonetheless lol.

"What I'm saying is, without death, life is less about me...and more about us."

I really wish she'd have been Dark Phoenix, it would have made it so much better.

I think you are misremembering things bc this wasnt exactly shady

Thank you for posting. ok, I see. My own head canon made this shadier than it was. Although it is still a pretty weird reaction to me after finding out that one of your friends died ("A plague would have been sufficient.") and Nightcrawler seems to a agree: "be nice".

Maybe I'm going back and rereading Claremont's X-Men Revolution. I always liked Jean's costume and the idea making her a mere telepaths with the Phoenix aesthetic. Although Ninja fighter Psylocke as a telekinetic never really made sense to me. I'm glad they reduced this mainly to telekinetic weapons these days.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-01-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thank you for posting. ok, I see. My own head canon made this shadier than it was. Although it is still a pretty weird reaction to me after finding out that one of your friends died ("A plague would have been sufficient.") and Nightcrawler seems to a agree: "be nice".

Maybe I'm going back and rereading Claremont's X-Men Revolution. I always liked Jean's costume and the idea making her a mere telepaths with the Phoenix aesthetic. Although Ninja fighter Psylocke as a telekinetic never really made sense to me. I'm glad they reduced this mainly to telekinetic weapons these days.
    A plaQue not a plaGue

A plaQue not a plaGue
    I know. sorry, misspelling.

She was asking about (at least / in comparison to the statue) a plaque for herself enphasizing she had been dead as well, that's why kurt after some justification about Jean's preferential treatment redirected her to the memorial garden.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She was asking about (at least / in comparison to the statue) a plaque for herself enphasizing she had been dead as well, that's why kurt after some justification about Jean's preferential treatment redirected her to the memorial garden.
    ah I see. thanks for clearing this up. best

ah I see. thanks for clearing this up. best
    It's no problem, I do enjoy Betsy and Jean friendship and talking about shades I seem to remember Psylocke trowing some at Emma in that same issue rearding Jean's unavoidable return from the dead.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jean made a cameo appearance in the current issue of Hellions on the QC which made sense as she never joined the meetings during XOS. She was absent the entire time until she walked in with Scott and essentially quit

ETA: I see the scene takes place after XOS which still doesnt make sense
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    A little GTA5 Mod carnage

Hey Peanuts! Hope you are doing well.

This is great! I love the power they show of Jean's TK (especially since now she is not an Omega TKer). The bus was great, but all of those multiple cars! Terrific!

While the leaping and ground holes from landing remind me of the Hulk's leaping, it does remind us that Jean's TK can be used as physical force, meaning that Jean can use TK as though she had super strength.

BANNED

Jean made a cameo appearance in the current issue of Hellions on the QC which made sense as she never joined the meetings during XOS. She was absent the entire time until she walked in with Scott and essentially quit
    Continuity mistake, she shouldn't be there

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Peanuts! Hope you are doing well.

This is great! I love the power they show of Jean's TK (especially since now she is not an Omega TKer). The bus was great, but all of those multiple cars! Terrific!

While the leaping and ground holes from landing remind me of the Hulk's leaping, it does remind us that Jean's TK can be used as physical force, meaning that Jean can use TK as though she had super strength.
    You know alpha level tk is nothing to laught about, just like Emma and Xavier have alpha level tp and are quite formidable with it (it may be an understatment) , sometimes I fear the omega level classification has become a psychological crutch for us Jean's fans due to all the things that have been taken away from her during the years........ anyway leaving these considerations aside we do know for a fact that her omega level tp allows for the ability to boost her tk (and other people powers) even further to the point where Jean has been able to mesh both powers together so it's safe to say that as soon as a writer will be willing to once more explore her abilities the potential will still be there.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Daedra. I just hope writers do not think now that Jean is not an OTKer, that her TK should be weak or shown as such. I know they show X and Emma as powerful, but I think that is because X has always been tauted as such and Emma is a fan character of the writers.

I do not like Jean's TP adding to her TK; I see them as separate and want her TK to be powerful on its own. Also not a fan of the pink combination TP+TK. That just seems like a writer trying to come up with something new, but for me, it just does not do it. Either Jean is (regularly) powerful in TP and TK or she is not. And us Jean fans know that Jean is powerful in both!