Page 406 of 432 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Here's a better look at the upcoming Marvel Legends figure of Jean for the House of X line.
    I wish they had given her a power effect instead of the Krakoan flower. (Cyclops and Prof. X's figures have power effects.)
    I'm still getting the entire House of X line though, haha.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MVSTHMD/

sh*t, I don't collect those figures but I kinda dig the campiness of this one. lol I think it is the first time I see a certain charm in this outfit.

As a retro figure she looks really great. Hopefully in a few years we will have all forgotten that she actually wore this outfit in 2020..........

I will pick it up, in hopes that they will put out more Jean figures in the future.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I will pick it up, in hopes that they will put out more Jean figures in the future.
    We should be okay, Hasbro's Senior Marvel Product Design Manager Dwight Stall, is a Jean fan and it shows given how many Jean figs we've gotten in the past. She has more figures than any other female Marvel Legends character.

not sure what to feel about Jean giving up her council seat. First, it made me excited for the things to come for her. But at the same time she feels very regressed in her role of being second to her husband Cyclops again. She felt more in charge being at the council. Now she will go back to "just" being an X-Men doing some heroics in the field. I don't know. I wishes she would get her seat back. It also felt like Shaw used the chance to set it all up so she would lose her seat. Jean was sabotaged by Shaw here. And I really think Shaw should never be in the position again raising his voice against Jean after everything he has done to her. It felt very wrong that he was one bringing up the argument in my eyes.

I miss the days where Jean just threw a car on top of Shaw instead of being forced by the circumstances to play his games.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-06-2020 at 10:13 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    not sure what to feel about Jean giving up her council seat. First, it made me excited for the things to come for her. But at the same time she feels very regressed in her role of being second to her husband Cyclops again. She felt more in charge being at the council. Now she will go back to "just" being an X-Men doing some heroics in the field. I don't know. I wishes she would get her seat back. It also felt like Shaw used the chance to set it all up so she would lose her seat. Jean was sabotaged by Shaw here. And I really think Shaw should never be in the position again raising his voice against Jean after everything he has done to her. It felt very wrong that he was one bringing up the argument in my eyes.

I miss the days where Jean just threw a car on top of Shaw instead of being forced by the circumstances to play his games.
    Exactly. This pushover, neutered Jean sucks. Hickman still could have had her lose her seat, but Jean would have gone with a bang not a whimper. She would have let Sebastian Shaw have a piece of her mind. Instead she gave up her seat so easily. It made it seem like she didnt deserve that seat because she didnt even find it important enough to fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Exactly. This pushover, neutered Jean sucks. Hickman still could have had her lose her seat, but Jean would have gone with a bang not a whimper. She would have let Sebastian Shaw have a piece of her mind. Instead she gave up her seat so easily. It made it seem like she didnt deserve that seat because she didnt even find it important enough to fight for it.
    No it didn't? It made it seem like she cared more about the safety of her son than her seat on the council, which is a totally justifiable decision to make and not at all out of character for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    No it didn't? It made it seem like she cared more about the safety of her son than her seat on the council, which is a totally justifiable decision to make and not at all out of character for Jean.
    Exactly. Jean LOVES Nathan. The older one was killed and she was pissed bc she was unable to do anything to save him. Now she has her son, a few years older than when she was forced to leave him in a position where he may die, and people think she wouldnt do anything in her power to protect him? What? A seat on the council means nothing when compared to those she loves and Jean has always fought for her loved ones with Nathan and Scott being at the top of that list. Jean in XOS was very much in character.

BANNED

We know that she love her son, we have been reading comics for a long time. The way it was presented was ery selfish

The problem is use it to take away things from Jean. Cable was a grown up, even kid Cable starter chaarcterization was a badass that didn't needed his dad or mom to bail him out.

Hickman seems to push some weird heteronormative family ideology with Jean as the mother of all concerned mothers...and crybaby Cable in need of saving. And mommy and big strong daddy are only concerned about their son‘s wellbeing without any larger political aspiration. #familyfirst
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    We know that she love her son, we have been reading comics for a long time. The way it was presented was ery selfish

The problem is use it to take away things from Jean. Cable was a grown up, even kid Cable starter chaarcterization was a badass that didn't needed his dad or mom to bail him out.
    Hickman seems to push some weird heteronormative family ideology with Jean as the mother of all concerned mothers...and crybaby Cable in need of saving. And mommy and big strong daddy are only concerned about their son‘s wellbeing without any larger political aspiration. #familyfirst

Cable should have never been allowed to fight in Otherworld anyway. If he dies, then that has massive ramifications for all of them, more so than any other potential death there. If Scott and Jean want to ensure that they dont risk the timestream breaking by protecting him, then oh well
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-06-2020 at 01:20 PM.

BANNED

Hickman seems to push some weird heteronormative family ideology with Jean as the mother of all concerned mothers...and crybaby Cable in need of saving. And mommy and big strong daddy are only concerned about their son‘s wellbeing.
    He just thinks they are Sue and Reed Storm, but even kid Cable is worse than kid Franklin. Kid Franklin wasnt this crybaby in need of family assistance all the time

I was ever fan of the council, but saw it s bargain to get Jean some political power closer to what she had on Red. They never really did any big thing with her on the Council and now she is out in a very anticlimatic way.
    It has been a big waste. Imagine having Shaw dictating rules
    Last edited by baxer; 12-06-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Jean should have told Shaw:

“I’m disappointed but not surprised. But make no mistake, I will have my seat back.”

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Jean should have told Shaw:

“I’m disappointed but not surprised. But make no mistake, I will have my seat back.”
    Exactly. Even such a simple change makes Jean have more agency and shows she actually does care about her position/council.

The Red Dragon

And Jean should also know that giving up her council position can swing the influence heavily towards the more villainous side. She should have fought for both instead of accepting that decision without much of a fight.

She still could have lost, but she had 0 fight in her. That’s the sad part.

Thank you. I think the problem with Hickman is he changes the characters to fit his story and not the other way around. It’s why despite their familial relationships, the way he has the characters talk and address eachother still feel really off to me.
    Last edited by Tank; 12-06-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Yal'll act like Jean had a bunch of power on the QC. It was a vanity title. She wasnt making big moves or had much of a voice to shape the direction of Krakoa She was one of 12, which ultimately diminished her say. Its ultimately not a big loss for her and the life of her son trumps that