Page 410 of 432 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It IS a superhero costume! Do your boots have large gold Xs designed into them? Lol

She just looks so &%$@ cool in it!

I loved the blue version they gave Polaris in X-Men Blue. That same costume with the blue exchanged for yellow or green would look great on Jean.

Hahahaha :/
    20201208_125334.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I loved the blue version they gave Polaris in X-Men Blue. That same costume with the blue exchanged for yellow or green would look great on Jean.
    Awhile back I had done a little PS work to see how Jean would look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think that the relationship and bond cemented between Jean and Cable in Uncanny was amazing. Nathan and Scott ever really had a lot of time together in this capacity in the books during the time that Jean was dead, which was problematic. So now is an opportunity to have these beats between Scott and Nate, as they didn't get them as much when they both were adults. Also it hasn't been that long since Slym and Redd were raising Nate for him, so he is going to look to have a stronger bond with his dad, especially after he made it happen to bring Scott back to life.

This shouldn't discount any opportunity for Jean to also develop a relationship with Nate on page, because it's just as important if not more seeing as they share the same powerset as well as their relationship as mother and son. I think X of Swords began showing us the potential of the family unit which is nice. But so far Jean hasn't been nurturing relationships with Nate unless Scott is there, and she hasn't even interacted with Rachel on panel, so it's disappointing not seeing her in this role as we had prior to Hickman's start.
    True. I was waiting for months for Cable#5 to see how Jean and Kid Cable interact so I was a little disapointed that they barely had any interaction. I think Rachel's going to be with Scott and Cable in Cable#7 so maybe, hopefully, Jean will make an appearance. If she doesnt then theres gotta be an editorial mandate preventing Jean and Rachel from interacting.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If she does get a new costume...I hope it's a complete redesign along the lines of what Schiti did for his SWORD women. Something entirely new and removed from past emblems and associations. Similar to how they treat with Storm's re-designs.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If she does get a new costume...I hope it's a complete redesign along the lines of what Schiti did for his SWORD women. Something entirely new and removed from past emblems and associations. Similar to how they treat with Storm's re-designs.
    ???? Most of Storm's looks are influneced by her previous ones. Her current one is a modernization that takes in elements from her original and black suit from the late 90s and X-men Gold design

With that said, its been a long time since Jean has had a completely original costume. I'd argue her final X-Factor one but even that was a team costume shared between she, Scott and Bobby. Im not counting NXM as that wasnt really a costume and more like street clothes
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-08-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    indeed hahahaha
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? Most of Storm's looks are influneced by her previous ones. Her current one is a modernization that takes in elements from her original and black suit from the late 90s and X-men Gold design

With that said, its been a long time since Jean has had a completely original costume. I'd argue her final X-Factor one but even that was a team costume shared between she, Scott and Bobby. Im not counting NXM as that wasnt really a costume and more like street clothes
    The only consistent (more or less) element to Storm's past costumes has been the black and gold colours...otherwise the silhouettes have all been quite different. For Jean I would want something quite modern, similar to the SWORD designs that didn't look and feel like an homage to a dated throwback look.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The only consistent (more or less) element to Storm's past costumes has been the black and gold colours...otherwise the silhouettes have all been quite different. For Jean I would want something quite modern, similar to the SWORD designs that didn't look and feel like an homage to a dated throwback look.
    There's also the tiara and cape all of which come from designs from the 70s/80s. I think the Extraordinary look is the biggest departure Storm has had since the T-Box look in the mid 90s. Most of her others since then try to incorporate elements of her OG look to varying degrees

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

—He said he was “trolling” Marvel on Twitter, not expecting to get any X-Men work, but then Fabian Nicieza DMd him and asked him to contribute to X-Men Legends. A week later, he was asked to contribute to the Claremont anniversary special. Then JDW formally asked him to do X-Men legends book and a couple issues of the regular X-Men book.
    —He said the opportunity to work with Hickman happened “really fast.” Said he “wasn’t really reading” the current X-Men line because he doesn’t have much time to read anything.
    —On difference between drawing for Hickman vs Claremont: Hickman’s scripts are a lot “looser.” Claremont has way more captions and dialogue boxes (lol). When he worked with Claremont on X-Men Unlimited, the scripts came in really late and he only had 2-3 weeks to draw 20+ pages.
    —He speculates that his X-Men story with Hickman is “filler” before the next major story.
    —After X of Swords gets brought up, Booth says he didn’t recognize Saturnyne when he first saw her because she had the wrong colored hair. He thought she was Emma.
    —For his X-Men arc, they told him he could use whatever costumes he wanted for Scott, Jean, and Storm so he said he picked the “classic” ones.
    A user on the Discord I'm a part of listened to the Brett Booth podcast. Dare we hope that he's drawn her in another costume, even if he's... uh... not the greatest person? Even if that's probably the 90s costume?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    A user on the Discord I'm a part of listened to the Brett Booth podcast. Dare we hope that he's drawn her in another costume, even if he's... uh... not the greatest person? Even if that's probably the 90s costume?
    I wouldnt get too excited yet bc her current MG costume is a classic look.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt get too excited yet bc her current MG costume is a classic look.
    I get the feeling that he can't draw skirts or dresses well. When he was on Titans and they did flashbacks he almost never showed Omen from her waist down.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Somehow I found myself reading into the supposed feud between Hickman vs Remender which I knew nothing about, when I stumbled upon this:

Not sure if it was posted already, I also remember him mentioning Marvel offering him the entire X-line, but he goes on to mention he just could not do the Inhuman storyline and I don't really blame him.

What are you guys thoughts? I was more intrigued by the idea of someone actually planning on using Jean as a staple of their run, although to be fair this is Teen Jean who admittedly did receive a lot of usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

What are you guys thoughts? I was more intrigued by the idea of someone actually planning on using Jean as a staple of their run, although to be fair this is Teen Jean who admittedly did receive a lot of usage.
    not in that run. The Extraordinary era was not a good time for Teen Jean and I wasnt a fan of how Lemire used her.

With cyclops and jean forming a team it would be a good opportunity to have an X men Red. I wonder how the hickman will do to reduce Jean's space even more.