Page 411 of 432 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    With cyclops and jean forming a team it would be a good opportunity to have an X men Red. I wonder how the hickman will do to reduce Jean's space even more.
    If i could build a team around them, taking into account of whom is available, I would have it be

Jean
    Scott
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary
    Gentle
    Dazzler
    Maggot or Paulie

What I liked about Red was the unconventional lineup that had a good mix of veteran and younger X-men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If i could build a team around them, taking into account of whom is available, I would have it be

Jean
    Scott
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary
    Gentle
    Dazzler
    Maggot or Paulie

What I liked about Red was the unconventional lineup that had a good mix of veteran and younger X-men
    Interesting that Jean is the only member in the list that can actually fly.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

10 characters

BANNED

Hahahaha :/
    Attachment 102970
    Super accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Can Hickman's Jean fly though? I remember back in House of X Cyclops was saying he would use his lasers to push them home from space, if I read that correctly.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-08-2020 at 02:00 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Super accurate

Can Hickman's Jean fly though? I remember back in House of X Cyclops was saying he would use his lasers to push them home from space, if I read that correctly.
    Jean can fly. Even under Hickman - she was flying out of the portal in XoS Destruction.

If I could make a team for the X-Men under Jean and Scott, I'd take a few things under consideration. We need one psychic (check), one elemental, one teleporter, one former villain, and at least one obscure character. That seems to be the winning formula. So I think I'd go with something like:

Jean (Psychic, check)
    Scott
    Magma (Elemental x1, Check)
    Cloak (Teleporter, Check)
    Dagger (Elemental x2, Check)
    Risque (Obscure character x1, Check. Former "villain," Check)
    Bedlam (Obscure character x2, Check)
    Sunspot
    Boom Boom
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 12-08-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

that definitely wasnt intentional

She has TK. She didnt suddenly lose the ability to use it to fly.

Last edited by Havok83; 12-08-2020 at 02:34 PM.

That might actually be more scientifically accurate (as much as you can apply that term to comics and superpowers). Telekinetic flight is effectively lifting yourself rather than true flight (Phoenix either works differently or just has the power to push against distant stars) whereas in space you typically need thrust of some kind. Cyclops' eye blasts providing thrust is previously established in both his solo series and in Champions.

This still allows Jean to fly, even in space (by pushing against a space ship or any nearby structure) but moving a ship without being somewhat near some other more massive body (low, possibly mid orbit) might be beyond the capability of anyone outside of an omega level TK - even one who comes pretty close like Jean.

Personally, I'm hoping that Jean gets to be the team powerhouse, just not to such a ridiculous degree that she negates the need for the rest of the cast.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that definitely wasnt intentional

She has TK. She didnt suddenly lose the ability to use it to fly.

This was Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That might actually be more scientifically accurate (as much as you can apply that term to comics and superpowers). Telekinetic flight is effectively lifting yourself rather than true flight (Phoenix either works differently or just has the power to push against distant stars) whereas in space you typically need thrust of some kind. Cyclops' eye blasts providing thrust is previously established in both his solo series and in Champions.

This still allows Jean to fly, even in space (by pushing against a space ship or any nearby structure) but moving a ship without being somewhat near some other more massive body (low, possibly mid orbit) might be beyond the capability of anyone outside of an omega level TK - even one who comes pretty close like Jean.

Personally, I'm hoping that Jean gets to be the team powerhouse, just not to such a ridiculous degree that she negates the need for the rest of the cast.
    There is no science behind TK. The force from TK is just magic nonsense. They literally move things by just thinking at them. They propel themselves magically, not by pushing against the earth. They are pushing themselves.

And something tells me you won't have to worry about Jean overpowering the team. Let's set realistic goals and hope for at least marginally more useful than a cell phone tower for now.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-08-2020 at 04:35 PM.

This was Percy.

There is no science behind TK. The force from TK is just magic nonsense. They literally move things by just thinking at them.

And something tells me you won't have to worry about Jean overpowering the team. Let's set realistic goals and hope for at least marginally more useful than a cell phone tower for now.
    Its the same Jean

There is no science behind TK. The force from TK is just magic nonsense. They literally move things by just thinking at them.
    That varies by writer, some of them like having some semi-scientific technobabble behind the powers and how they affect the world the characters inhabit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

This was Percy.

There is no science behind TK. The force from TK is just magic nonsense. They literally move things by just thinking at them. They propel themselves magically, not by pushing against the earth. They are pushing themselves.

With Hickman the ast thing we need to worry is Jean overpowering team, seriously.

Really wish jean was independent and competent

this time that a jean and cyke will form, will it be decided by the council or will it be independent?

BANNED

this time that a jean and cyke will form, will it be decided by the council or will it be independent?
    X-men is independent of the Quiet Council

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean can fly. Even under Hickman - she was flying out of the portal in XoS Destruction.

If I could make a team for the X-Men under Jean and Scott, I'd take a few things under consideration. We need one psychic (check), one elemental, one teleporter, one former villain, and at least one obscure character. That seems to be the winning formula. So I think I'd go with something like:

Jean (Psychic, check)
    Scott
    Magma (Elemental x1, Check)
    Cloak (Teleporter, Check)
    Dagger (Elemental x2, Check)
    Risque (Obscure character x1, Check. Former "villain," Check)
    Bedlam (Obscure character x2, Check)
    Sunspot
    Boom Boom
    Tandy Bowen is not a Elemental. Hell, she's not even a mutant -- she's a mutate.
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-08-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Tandy Bowen is not a Elemental. Hell, she's not even a mutant -- she's a mutate.
    True. And the same for Cloak, right?