Page 414 of 432 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 6479

yeah, I wish the talk of Aaron's story would be cleansed from this thread, much like the PF burns what doesnt work away. Until Hickman actually uses it, it really doesnt have anything to do with Jean

I'm in agreement about the Aaron/Phoenix stuff but let us be real. We will discuss it here. I won't be reading but I will be checking from time to time to see what is up with it. It might be a good thing if we can infer that Jean and Rachel are descendants of this cave woman Phoenix host (may never be said outright but the inference might be there).

Also, Connor with the Cerebro podcast posted the Jean Grey episode last night. It is about 3 hours and I enjoyed it so much. There are several asides so they discuss other characters too. If you have time you may want to check it out. His guest is a Jean fan. The host is a big Maddie fan so Jean isn't one of his main favs so don't throw any shade at the host on twitter or whatever if you do check out the cast. I would watch it all and listen in context and not get angry from the jump since they are critical of Jean and especially over the X-factor years (re: Maddie).

The takes on Jean and Phoenix are spot on. I was agreeing so much with their criticism of the conclusion to Phoenix Resurrection. You can find the link to the cast on Twitter. I think the handle is cerebrocast. The podcast is really fun and he does spotlights on specific characters in each episode.

Lastly I'm looking forward to X-force next week and I'm excited about Scott and Jean restarting the X-men. I do wonder which costumes Booth chose for his X-men issues. Hmm...classic could refer to Marvel Girl, the X-factor outfits, or the 90's. I wonder if the 90's costume would look better in green and yellow.

BANNED

Red haired Cave Lady was a mutant telepath/telekinetic. After being raised by wolves she didnÂ’t talk until pacifist mutant telepathic leader took her in.

Basically, Charles and Jean one million years ago in previous lives. Cave Jean/Phoenix came up with the idea of forming the Pre historic Avengers. So written by Aaron we finally see the Phoenix in a positive role as protector and not as a destructive entity.

Pre historic mutants also gets into what Hickman did with Okkara.

I think it gets into Jean finally getting developed and taking action even if it cost her the council seat. With X of Swords already leading into more cosmic things, I think itÂ’s building to Phoenix/Jean herself and Cave Lady Phoenix will explicitly be revealed to be a prior incarceration of Jean.

Not just the red hair, the same mutant powers, and being Phoenix but both going through a phase of not speaking until a wise old mutant telepath takes them in?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm in agreement about the Aaron/Phoenix stuff but let us be real. We will discuss it here. I won't be reading but I will be checking from time to time to see what is up with it. It might be a good thing if we can infer that Jean and Rachel are descendants of this cave woman Phoenix host (may never be said outright but the inference might be there).

Also, Connor with the Cerebro podcast posted the Jean Grey episode last night. It is about 3 hours and I enjoyed it so much. There are several asides so they discuss other characters too. If you have time you may want to check it out. His guest is a Jean fan. The host is a big Maddie fan so Jean isn't one of his main favs so don't throw any shade at the host on twitter or whatever if you do check out the cast. I would watch it all and listen in context and not get angry from the jump since they are critical of Jean and especially over the X-factor years (re: Maddie).

The takes on Jean and Phoenix are spot on. I was agreeing so much with their criticism of the conclusion to Phoenix Resurrection. You can find the link to the cast on Twitter. I think the handle is cerebrocast. The podcast is really fun and he does spotlights on specific characters in each episode.

Lastly I'm looking forward to X-force next week and I'm excited about Scott and Jean restarting the X-men. I do wonder which costumes Booth chose for his X-men issues. Hmm...classic could refer to Marvel Girl, the X-factor outfits, or the 90's. I wonder if the 90's costume would look better in green and yellow.
    For sure I won't be listening podcaster crap on Jean because of Maddie. That is probably the biggest running joke on x-men. Be mad on the writer/editor or Scott (like god Claremont does) but mad on Jean is dumb.

I liked what Aaron wrote on the Phoenix 10000000BC. The origin of the cavewoman host is just siimilar to the origin of Jean Grey. by origin I mean the first time the powers manifested

Another point: It was Cavewoman Phoenix idea to start the Avengers B.C, she already has more atitude than Hickmans Jean
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

honestly, I feel it might be best to just make a thread for Aaron's stuff. People post random nuggets across multiple threads on hre, with Jean's being the one that gets sidetracked for it the most

BANNED

To me, the white hot room being not just referenced but visited is the clock turning on the countdown towards the return of phoenix jean under the x-office, everything aaron does is meaningless now and will be even more so once that time arrives.

Im just happy we got a glimpse of the once lost interesting details of the phoenix (that aaron has no interest in ever referencing over his own made up concepts) making a return.

BANNED

What happened with the WHR?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What happened with the WHR?
    sword went there to retrieve an artifact, or create one?? it's somewhat confusing

BANNED

So people can just nter WHR? bit lame

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    "just enter" not really, they use tech and the combined power of 6 mutants together like the five combine their powers for the ressurections, so it takes a lot of power to do it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Few things what are the chances Jean is the "Psionic Analyst" in SWORD?

Aaron is a hack and no one will convince me otherwise, wasn't AvX a lot of HIS ideas? He has no understanding of the PF and I wouldn't care if he directly mentioned Jean, he is in part responsible for so much of the drivel that's been attached to the PF in the last 10 years.

I hope Jean is involved heavily in the next phase of these X-men, but outside of X-force nothing I've read felt like it was building to anything in particular for her narrative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    "just enter" not really, they use tech and the combined power of 6 mutants together like the five combine their powers for the ressurections, so it takes a lot of power to do it.
    Still too easy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Few things what are the chances Jean is the "Psionic Analyst" in SWORD?

Aaron is a hack and no one will convince me otherwise, wasn't AvX a lot of HIS ideas? He has no understanding of the PF and I wouldn't care if he directly mentioned Jean, he is in part responsible for so much of the drivel that's been attached to the PF in the last 10 years.

I hope Jean is involved heavily in the next phase of these X-men, but outside of X-force nothing I've read felt like it was building to anything in particular for her narrative.
    She isnt the psionic analyst, so zero.

AvX was written by many writers so saying it was his ideas, doesnt feel right. But I think it was when he starting getting loose with Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    They always could e.g. Jamie Braddock

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They always could e.g. Jamie Braddock
    he is a reality warper, but Phoenix is more powerful than he is