Page 418 of 432 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can see the similarities after you mentioned it, I just don't think the idea of Phoenix Resurrection becoming a source of inspiration is realistic? Despite all the talk about MCU Wanda being similar to Jean I don't think they want for that to be the case, and, to be quite honest... It was a considerably forgettable story that didn't make that much of an impact for movie/tv people to be wanting to adapt it, you know..
    You are right. I was only kidding. I also do not see Kevin Feige read obscure monthly comicbooks on his phone.

I'm just starting to get a little worried if (and how) Jean can be included in the MCU if Wanda already seems so similar to her. And everything seems to go in the direction of setting up Wanda as the next big bad and adapting Wanda's own Dark Phoenix Storyline. I'm probably only still annoyed that FOX never managed to really show and adapt the cosmic aspect and grande spectacle of the Dark Phoenix Saga. I still have hope though that they will adapt Avengers vs. X-Men and Jean will hopefully replace Hope in the movie's stories.

I think it is super interesting how impressive the pop cultural impact of the Dark Phoenix Saga and Jean Grey as a character are (Willow in Buffy, Eleven in Stranger Things, the white violin in Umbrella Academy, Gwen in Ben 10, etc. etc.) but Jean never got her own story adapted in a good way. By now telekinetic female redheads who can't control their powers are such a cliché somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    You are right. I was only kidding. I also do not see Kevin Feige read obscure monthly comicbooks on his phone.

I'm just starting to get a little worried if (and how) Jean can be included in the MCU if Wanda already seems so similar to her. And everything seems to go in the direction of setting up Wanda as the next big bad and adapting Wanda's own Dark Phoenix Storyline. I'm probably only still annoyed that FOX never managed to really show and adapt the cosmic aspect and grande spectacle of the Dark Phoenix Saga. I still have hope though that they will adapt Avengers vs. X-Men and Jean will hopefully replace Hope in the movie's stories.

I think it is super interesting how impressive the pop cultural impact of the Dark Phoenix Saga and Jean Grey as a character are (Willow in Buffy, Eleven in Stranger Things, the white violin in Umbrella Academy, Gwen in Ben 10, etc. etc.) but Jean never got her own story adapted in a good way. By now telekinetic female redheads who can't control their powers are such a cliché somehow.
    It maybe good Fox’s terrible botched Dark Phoenix. Having every powerful go crazy is lame. Plus even though Dark Phoenix was a massive failure, it did one thing. Jean got control of herself, became the hero and lived.

Rumors have Jean appearing as one of the MCU o5 along with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, and Iceman. She’ll be Marvel Girl initially, until they make her Phoenix.

I think Cave Lady Phoenix had actually be a model for Phoenix/Hean moving forward. A powerful hero who doesn’t go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It maybe good Fox’s terrible botched Dark Phoenix. Having every powerful go crazy is lame. Plus even though Dark Phoenix was a massive failure, it did one thing. Jean got control of herself, became the hero and lived.

Rumors have Jean appearing as one of the MCU o5 along with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, and Iceman. She’ll be Marvel Girl initially, until they make her Phoenix.

I think Cave Lady Phoenix had actually be a model for Phoenix/Hean moving forward. A powerful hero who doesn’t go crazy.
    that's true. It is by now really boring. Jean Grey should be in control. Just make her the female Thor or Silver Surfer of the team (or less sexist formulated: just make her the Phoenix of the team again!). I always thought it would have made a lot of sense to switch the Dark Phoenix Saga with the Phoenix Saga in an adaptation. Marvel could still tell the Phoenix Saga. We haven't seen anything of this yet. There are endless creative possibilities to adapt Claremont's run in a new and fresh way.

in regard to the rumors: I could live with this team. But I think it would be such a wasted opportunity not to include Nightcrawler. He is such a fun star when adapted properly and would fit perfectly into the MCU.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-11-2020 at 05:16 AM.

I hope to see Storm in the first film. And if I'm not mistaken, they show up at the Krakoa mission. But I didn't want to see this adapted saga because Jean is "weak".
    The first film with only the originals I think is unlikely ... Because Wolvierine and Tempest are important, unless they appear in other films or solo

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I hope to see Storm in the first film. And if I'm not mistaken, they show up at the Krakoa mission. But I didn't want to see this adapted saga because Jean is "weak".
    The first film with only the originals I think is unlikely ... Because Wolvierine and Tempest are important, unless they appear in other films or solo
    I also think that Storm has to be the center of the new movies! It would be nice though to have Jean as her best friend sidekick and not the other way around.

BANNED

that's true. It is by now really boring. Jean Grey should be in control. Just make her the female Thor or Silver Surfer of the team (or less sexist formulated: just make her the Phoenix of the team again!). I always thought it would have made a lot of sense to switch the Dark Phoenix Saga with the Phoenix Saga in an adaptation. Marvel could still tell the Phoenix Saga. We haven't seen anything of this yet. There are endless creative possibilities to adapt Claremont's run in a new and fresh way.

in regard to the rumors: I could live with this team. But I think it would be such a wasted opportunity not to include Nightcrawler. He is such a fun star when adapted properly and would fit perfectly into the MCU.
    IÂ’m thinking this team, if true is obviously just meant to be the initial team. Rumor has it Rogue and Mystique will be introduced in Captain Marvel.

Nightcrawler could be introduced somewhere else at first. Maybe even in a Disney plus series.

I agree with just naming her the Phoenix of the team. The Phoenix saga would fit in great with the MCU.

As for Wanda, there are specific reasons they are having her meltdown. I think itÂ’s key to the future of mutants going forward. Notice in their comics Magneto reached out to Wanda and Pietro and Beast asked Wanda to come visit Krakoa and to see if she could use a gate. Basically, Marvel is about to restore Wanda and Pietro as mutants and as MagnetoÂ’s children.

BANNED

With Hickman building out the magical and cosmic aspects of the X-Men there is plenty of space for Jean as the Phoenix of the team.

I also think that Storm has to be the center of the new movies! It would be nice though to have Jean as her best friend sidekick and not the other way around.
    I hope this friendship is well developed. I imagine it will be a positive point for both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    With Hickman building out the magical and cosmic aspects of the X-Men there is plenty of space for Jean as the Phoenix of the team.
    I mean that's very clearly what's on her road, from day 1 it felt so

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean that's very clearly what's on her road, from day 1 it felt so
    The cool thing is that the phoenix already has the X. Come on, hickman hahaha

time for Jean to get the phoenix back, also I gave Doug mustaches for the lolz

jphoen.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean. Zipping through the air.

Love this. Looks like Jean took a quick dip on her zip trip.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I hope this friendship is well developed. I imagine it will be a positive point for both.
    It's so weird how close they should be, is rarely ever highlighted or even the shown to great affect. I mean outside of maybe the 90's series is there a form of media in which Storm and Jean are actively portrayed as best friends?

I feel like a fully developed relationship between two powerful women on the big screen especially if their apart of the first movie would be a rarity seen even in superhero films where women's friendships don't always get a great deal of development especially in comparison to their male counterparts.

IF Jean becomes phoenix she should reclaim her red. was playing with new brushes and i just like jean in red. jean7jpg.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IF Jean becomes phoenix she should reclaim her red. was playing with new brushes and i just like jean in red. jean7jpg.jpg
    ????What does that even mean. Her hair is already red and that hasnt changed