Page 425 of 432 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I'm not a fan of the green miniskirt, but let's not pretend a warrior can't war successfully in a skirt, or less! And they didn't have telekinetic forcefields.
    you are 2000 years late for this argument.....

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The costume is just sooooo damn ugly! For all kinds of reasons.

I wouldn't mind it as much if they would have slightly updated it for the present and if Jean would not suddenly have became also "super-mom" for a tiny Cable teenager...

Everything together just feels weird and outdated. I said it before. Hickman only seems to be capable to write two archetypes of women: moms and cold biaatches.

When Hickman wrote Jean in "Giant-Size X-Men: Storm # and "Jean Grey/Emma Frost" and Dauterman drew her in his variant costume, was she being written as a mom or a "cold biaatch"?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    When Hickman wrote Jean in "Giant-Size X-Men: Storm # and "Jean Grey/Emma Frost" and Dauterman drew her in his variant costume, was she being written as a mom or a "cold biaatch"?
    this cover is so sexist and unnecessary. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    this cover is so sexist and unnecessary. sorry.
    I really don't see it, what's your issue with it?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Speaking of variant covers and costumes...
    I know this was brought up before but I couldn't find it in searching the forum: In the Karmone Shirahama variant cover for PHOENIX:RESURRECTION #5, what is the costume in the closet between the black/yellow X-Factor and the White Phoenix costumes?

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-19-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Speaking of variant covers and costumes...
    I know this was brought up before but I couldn't find it in searching the forum: In the Karmone Shirahama variant cover for PHOENIX:RESURRECTION #5, what is the costume in the closet between the black/yellow X-Factor and the White Phoenix costumes?

I’m not sure of the outfit you’re speaking of but for some strange reason, I never noticed the X-Men Red tease of the costume she’d be wearing in that particular era. I think I do remember that the first cover for XMR had been released through announcement/solicits before this variant tho so maybe it wasn’t much of a surprise to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I’m not sure of the outfit you’re speaking of but for some strange reason, I never noticed the X-Men Red tease of the costume she’d be wearing in that particular era. I think I do remember that the first cover for XMR had been released through announcement/solicits before this variant tho so maybe it wasn’t much of a surprise to others.
    Costume in question encircled below...

Costume in question encircled below...
    I'm thinking that it's a miscolored blue and yellow X-Factor costume (colors reversed), while the one to the left of it is a miscolored X-Factor costume (should be red and yellow).

Recent Jean sketch by Jimmy Cheung
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCak0BD6ET/

I want Maddie and jean grey to make up and be sisters

All-New Member

It looks like the short-lived x-factor uniform she wore when portacio took over....when baby cable first went to the askani up to the muir island saga. The one to the left is a variant of the original uniform...possibly the Byrne run from the 90s. The far far left does look like a faded orange copy of her 2nd X-factor outfit.
    So-2nd x-factor, variant original, the crap dress, looks like a variant of Morrison new x-men jacket but the bottoms do look like a miscolored original x-factor uniform (although the warwolf Jean and the Jean in the Claremont x-men forever series wore a blue variant) 3rd x-factor uniform and wpotc uniform
    Last edited by mykle1616; 12-20-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mykle1616 View Post
    It looks like the short-lived x-factor uniform she wore when portacio took over....when baby cable first went to the askani up to the muir island saga. The one to the left is a variant of the original uniform...possibly the Byrne run from the 90s. The far far left does look like a faded orange copy of her 2nd X-factor outfit.
    So-2nd x-factor, variant original, the crap dress, looks like a variant of Morrison new x-men jacket but the bottoms do look like a miscolored original x-factor uniform (although the warwolf Jean and the Jean in the Claremont x-men forever series wore a blue variant) 3rd x-factor uniform and wpotc uniform
    I was thinking the one to the left of it was the Portacio suit.

But the idea that it is a reversed color "mistake" kind to tracks with the horizontal stripe elements on the sleeves. The shading makes it look intentional so that's why I call it a "mistake". Same with the one to its left, all indicators point to intentionally black area of a drawing.

So my guess is, left to right, X-Men: Revolution/Forever, O5Marvel Girl, Marvel Girl Graduation, ?#1,?#2 - (one of those being the Portacio suit), White Phoenix of the Crown...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-21-2020 at 03:38 AM.

MARVEL Monday
    How to...

Fantastic Member

Jean and Scott wear their X-Factor costumes in X-Men #17!! Yes!!

Last edited by ThePhoenix; 12-21-2020 at 10:04 AM.

OMG, YES! FINALLY she is out of that dress in a comic not drawn by RD!