Page 47 of 432 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Dauterman's Jean is perfection.

My one edit would be to make the yellow parts black. Green, red (her hair), and black look great together. But I'm not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Oh heck yesss!! Very X-men Evolution but still it's own thing.

The way Asrar's design makes Jean's armour look like panels or separate pieces is just super satisfying to my eyes.

The reason Phoenix started to being messed up i sbecause Jean was for too long dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    my issue with the phoenix returning to Jean, is that the question of who did the feat? was it Jean or was it the phoenix, and downgrades Jean to a powerful mutant on her own.
    If they have to amp up Jean's power, then just pick up where Teen Jean left off and go from there and explore her Omega-ness. Also on Annual X-Men Red, she stated that she was holding back because of the Phoenix.
    So these 2 premises should be sufficient. Marvel has not really explored what a true Omega Mutant really meant in Hickman world, all speculation. They need to start showing the power gaps between an Omega vs non-Omega mutant.
    It doesn’t matter who did the feet. The question could be reversed. While the Phoenix can make a cockroach it’s host, there’s a reason why it prefers Jean. How much of the Phoenix’s feet’s are really Jean’s. Considering what we learned of Jeen’s powers, possibly quite a lot.

I still think Hickman put Jean us the green mini because he wants to do a new take on Phoenix/Jean. Morrison wrote Jean as plain Jean, ignores her telepathic power developments under Claremont, then had her powers expand to her being Phoenix again. The return if the Goblin Queen makes me think we will see Phoenix/Jean by next year.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

She looks like a Green Lantern.

Jean's first resurrection is a model for the resurrection protocols. The Phoenix can do it unilaterally while the Five need to work together, but it's essentially the same process of egg and incubation. They should write about story about the debt mutants owe to the Phoenix.

I need this as her official costume asap

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    She looks like a Green Lantern.
    Jean really have the will

Attachment 93478

I think this panel from X-Men The Hidden Years succinctly illustrates that even though the Force can inhabit basically anyone or anything, Jean's mutation makes her extremely powerful and "best match"...not to mention Jean's empathy and spiritual compatibility

It was fitting that Jean wield the Phoenix Force once she stopped suppressing her powers and started embracing their scope...as she tells Storm during their day trip on the astral plane, she's just "doing what comes naturally".

Storm and Magneto (other Omega mutants, coincidentally), self-generate a certain amount of force, but their greatest feats happen when they tap into a larger power source(Earth's or other celestial natural meteorological or Magnetic forces), yet no one tries to claim those aren't their feats.

The increased sentience and convoluted attempts at expanding its mythos really messed with Jean

While I love Jean as Phoenix, I appreciate the current status quo and Jean furthering herself without the baggage.
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 02-20-2020 at 07:51 PM.

I've always wondered what Jean would look with a purple, orange or pink costume. those are the colors I think she's never worn

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean really have the will
    Let's be honest: if Jean were a Lantern, she'd be a Star Sapphire.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Dauterman's Jean is perfection.

My one edit would be to make the yellow parts black. Green, red (her hair), and black look great together. But I'm not complaining!
    Jimenez's Jean is better looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Let's be honest: if Jean were a Lantern, she'd be a Star Sapphire.
    She is more of Blue lantern for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She is more of Blue lantern for me
    Or Yellow Lanterns/Sinestro Corps when she is Phoenix. Either way Sinestro > Hal or any Lantern.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean is actually a pretty good fit for all corps, maybe the red one not much.