Page 6 of 432 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes she is both a telepath and telekinetic. She's used both powers in X-Force. She was able to in HoX, Hickman just didnt write the TK in there but he did in X-men #1
    I know she still has both powers. I just meant if she can use them together at the same time, in a fight. Like this

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I know she still has both powers. I just meant if she can use them together at the same time, in a fight. Like this

Why wouldnt she? Her powers dont work such that one shuts off when she accesses the other

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why wouldnt she? Her powers dont work such that one shuts off when she accesses the other
    You're right. I just assumed since in HoX she was unable to use her tk to defend herself and relied on Monet

I don't want to think too much about a series we never got because we don't know what we would have actually gotten. But Jean's return probably should have been bigger and cosmic. MR wanted an intimate story to focus on Jean, but it didn't aside for one issue. I get the concerns that the story could spiral into something bigger than Jean and PR did try to weave Jean throughout. Anne, her parents, Cyclops, etc. might not have come up in a big cosmic story. But PR wasn't as deep as MR promised with an intimate story. Jean deserves big stakes.

But editorial was SO BAD at the time that I wouldn't trust this hypothetical cosmic story to be what we wanted either. It didn't even make sense to resurrect Jean while Teen Jean was still around.

While Jean was dead I read so many fans saying the Phoenix was the worst thing to happen to her and that she would never be respected as long as the Phoenix was around, that she would be forever overshadowed by the Phoenix, that the Phoenix keeps Jean in a never ending loop of getting killed off. PR directly spoke to those concerns and it wasn't loved, at least here, and now many are waiting for the Phoenix to come back. It's the same with her costumes. The X-men Red costume was DESPISED until she started wearing her Marvel Girl costume. Once she switches costumes ppl will want the Marvel Girl costume back.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 01-03-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I don't want to think too much about a series we never got because we don't know what we would have actually gotten. But Jean's return probably should have been bigger and cosmic. MR wanted an intimate story to focus on Jean, but it didn't aside for one issue. I get the concerns that the story could spiral into something bigger than Jean and PR did try to weave Jean throughout. Anne, her parents, Cyclops, etc. might not have come up in a big cosmic story. But PR wasn't as deep as MR promised with an intimate story. Jean deserves big stakes.

But editorial was SO BAD at the time that I wouldn't trust this hypothetical cosmic story to be what we wanted either. It didn't even make sense to resurrect Jean while Teen Jean was still around.

While Jean was dead I read so many fans saying the Phoenix was the worst thing to happen to her and that she would never be respected as long as the Phoenix was around, that she would be forever overshadowed by the Phoenix, that the Phoenix keeps Jean in a never ending loop of getting killed off. PR directly spoke to those concerns and it wasn't loved, at least here, and now many are waiting for the Phoenix to come back. It's the same with her costumes. The X-men Red costume was DESPISED until she started wearing her Marvel Girl costume. Once she switches costumes ppl will want the Marvel Girl costume back.
    You really think that a costume more outdated and more 'kitsch' than Marvel Girl's can be drawn?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You really think that a costume more outdated and more 'kitsch' than Marvel Girl's can be drawn?
    I guess you missed what people were saying about her Red costume and now it's missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I guess you missed what people were saying about her Red costume and now it's missed.
    The Red costume wasnt despised by all. There were plenty of people on here that liked it and wanted it back when she went to MG and are those same people are glad its back, especially since it had such a short run. There are detractors that hate the Red look and MG and would rather her go back to the Phoenix costume or something new. I dont think anyone was really clamoring for the MG costume and are gonna champion for it back. For anyone that doesnt like the Red look, most people are gonna want something new, not the dated MG costume

I remember that the majority disliked the red suit, or they were unsure about it.
    It grew on some fans with time. It never grew on me.

I still think it was a red and blue POS. Now it's just a green and yellow one.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Her X-men Red costume has always been great
    Attachment 91082
    Attachment 91083
    Attachment 91084

My main problems with the Red costume were:

1)That the original RED cover artist butchered the design making it extra bulky and with horrible shoulderpads, and a bunch of artists drew it inspired by that.

2)The blue and red color scheme, I'm a fan of Jean in green and yellow/gold.

Now, the color scheme problem was solved. And, if she's even gonna actually wear it in other titles, people are probably gonna base it on Dauterman's version as he's the first one to draw the new recolored version(and the first to draw this design in a while after she spent some time wearing the dress).

I don't like the X-men Red costume so much but it is better than the Marvel Girl outfit. I have to admit the Red costume kind of grew on me and same with the Marvel Girl outfit. I do prefer Jean in green/yellow or red/yellow. The red and blue on the X-men Red outfit was a bit much.

I think her green and yellow X-men Red outfit may be a one off but I we'll see. She seems to be branded now in the Marvel Girl look. The mask is what really makes Jean look wild/strange. Which I felt was what maybe they were going for?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I remember that the majority disliked the red suit, or they were unsure about it.
    It grew on some fans with time. It never grew on me.

I still think it was a red and blue POS. Now it's just a green and yellow one.
    Here here, no amount of color changing is going to change an inherently ugly and poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Not sure who IW is, but I always wonder how Jean would handle Moondragon. The only time they have interacted was during the Infinity War in Quasar 38. Heather was beating both Jean and Betsy, but she did have the Mind Gem at the time. I would love to see a round 2.

Attachment 91058
    Poor Jean. That 6'3" Moondragon boot had to hurt. Jean has X-Men self defense training plus she TP-absorbed Daughters of the Dragon fighting abilities. She should be able to handle herself. The 90's were not always good representation of Jean's skills.

I'm not big on Red costume recolored, but still a big improvement over the Marvel Girl dress. I won't miss that costume never.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Very little page time in her own story, was a trend started by Grant Morrison. "Murder at the X-Mansion", "Planet X", "Here Comes Tomorrow."

Jean was supposedly going to have a lot of page time in those stories but that was not the case as I recall. The page time she did get was usually in service to some other character.

PR, for all it's faults, IMO, built up to it's emotional climax in a way I doubt some big sweeping crossover would have.
    I was dissapointed when I saw that Morrison wasn't telling jean story and instead made Jean a prop to other hcaracters.

Ressurrection was about jean even with too little Jean. At least Rosenberg did his objective, even if the execution wasn't bery good
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-03-2020 at 08:28 PM.