Page 66 of 432 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    With all the trouble that comes from two love interest. I can't imagine how much worse would be to keep adding more people.
    I hope they do not. I actually enjoyed GSX. It was a strong, enticing, beautiful issue.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    honestly, just think he doesn't have anything for her.
    That seems to be the case, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I don’t disagree with the others being leads, but Jean had a big push the last few years between Teen Jean and Adult Jean’s return. I wish Jean wouldn’t be involved in any romances but that isn’t happening from how it looks.
    Teen Jean was nice but they ignore a lot major developments of her character. adult Jean got like a really big year and the rest were ok.
    With all the teases, she is already in one romance

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

While I’d prefer Jean in a leading role, I do not mind her being in a supporting role at times since the X-men is an ensemble cast ;-)
    I mostly want her to be handled well meaning confident, capable, and smart. The use of her in X-force is good. I do want to see more of the Quiet Council. I’m skeptical about Jean with Scott and Logan but maybe it is time to be open minded to different relationship configurations.

I suspect Jean will continue to appear in both X-men and Wolverine.

And there in lies the danger, Percy is doing fantastic work with Jean. However unless she's the focus very rarely does she get the opportunities to be "confident, capable, and caring" and when she's used in as a side character she isn't ever as confident, caring, or capable. Look at her run directly following Red, every other series Jean appeared in she struggled with her telepathy, characterization, and focus she differed from writer to writer many focusing on superficial aspects of her personality.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-02-2020 at 01:54 PM.

I love Jean and I am not happy with what Hickman has done with her. From her uniform to her involvement. Percy has done good and wish there was more. I think Jean has been treated unfairly.
    My only consolation is that she has a lot of appearances- upcoming Marauders, X-men, X-force and Wolverine. Love this character wayyy more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And there in lies the danger, Percy is doing fantastic work with Jean. However unless she's the focus very rarely does she get the opportunities to be "confident, capable, and caring" and when she's used in as a side character she isn't ever as confident, caring, or capable. Look at her run directly following Red, every other series Jean appeared in she struggled with her telepathy, characterization, and focus she differed from writer to writer many focusing on superficial aspects of her personality.
    Jean had a big role in the Uncanny X-men Nate Grey story though it was a poor run. She could have been used better but she had a few good moments. I agree they nerfed her telepathy a lot in that story which was super annoying. Jean in Age of X-man was once again reduced to girlfriend status and again did not do much for a powerful psychic. The whole thing was bland and uninteresting.

I do agree she’s been uneven since her return. At least Percy does use her well when she is in his book. Giant Size was good for Jean. I’m hoping things get better but it’s hard to tell right now how things will go so I just remain hopeful for improvement.

Jean needs a new solo, or at least a mini. Written by Ben Percy and art by Dauterman

I mean, Percy's writing of her has been good so far, but I think it's also clear that she's not really his priority or favorite character on X-Force. Unfortunately I don't think there's any writer that really cares about Jean right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, Percy's writing of her has been good so far, but I think it's also clear that she's not really his priority or favorite character on X-Force. Unfortunately I don't think there's any writer that really cares about Jean right now...
    That’s unfortunate. Sucks that she came back with a roar and now barely a major figure in the current era.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That’s unfortunate. Sucks that she came back with a roar and now barely a major figure in the current era.
    Honestly I don't even feel like she came back with a roar... Red was nice but it was a pretty self-contained book and everyone was just like "Oh, Jean's back, cool". It didn't really felt that impactful. I wish it had happened back on the Bendis era.

Hard for adult Jean to come back with a roar when teen Jean was running around in Blue and her solo. Jean's return was editorially bizarre.

I thought sticking Jean in a book with Wolverine would suck but Percy has handled them both really well. He even handled Jean well in Wolverine #1.

Jean had a big role in the Uncanny X-men Nate Grey story though it was a poor run. She could have been used better but she had a few good moments. I agree they nerfed her telepathy a lot in that story which was super annoying. Jean in Age of X-man was once again reduced to girlfriend status and again did not do much for a powerful psychic. The whole thing was bland and uninteresting.

I do agree she’s been uneven since her return. At least Percy does use her well when she is in his book. Giant Size was good for Jean. I’m hoping things get better but it’s hard to tell right now how things will go so I just remain hopeful for improvement.
    Well Uncanny dissassembled and Age of X-men were mostly filler until the Hickman relaunch, so they don't bother me at all.

Percy likes jean but his plans seems to be for the long pay off

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Really big thanks for Morrison for that. Other characters left his run with bigger fanbases and Jean left it death.

I think Paniccia was a fan and tried his best, Bunn and Taylor weren't fans but understood the chracater very well and could write a nice Jean;
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-02-2020 at 04:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean needs a new solo, or at least a mini. Written by Ben Percy and art by Dauterman
    Oh man I would buy the hell out of that. Perhaps multiple times just to show support. Yes, yes, yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Hard for adult Jean to come back with a roar when teen Jean was running around in Blue and her solo. Jean's return was editorially bizarre.

I thought sticking Jean in a book with Wolverine would suck but Percy has handled them both really well. He even handled Jean well in Wolverine #1.
    She didn't come back with a roar because the writer they picked prefers her to be downplayed.

And better Wolverine than Scemma, trust.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Taylor weren't fans but understood the chracater very well and could write a nice Jean;
    Weird, why do you think that? Taylor seemed to like her