Page 69 of 432 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 6479
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Both the Alex Ross and the Quitely designs would work really well for the X-Force, specifically for Jean. I think a team aesthetic its the only thing missing from X-Force. I just cant buy that a member of a super shady Intelligence Agency goes to missions in that marvel girl costume.
    Yup, Jean needs a proper suit for her job. The Marvel Girl costume on X-force feels so weird. Like going to work in a cosplay.

Both the Alex Ross and the Quitely designs would work really well for the X-Force, specifically for Jean. I think a team aesthetic its the only thing missing from X-Force. I just cant buy that a member of a super shady Intelligence Agency goes to missions in that marvel girl costume.
    I concur. A team uniform for X-force would be great. Both of your suggestions are great or maybe a new take on those designs would work. The mutant CIA should be well dressed.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Love this!!
    I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand more if Hickman was serious about writing Jean she would have worn anything else. The green dress was intentional, Jean has had many outfits many of which only needed to be tweaked like the XM:R costumes in Giant Size. Almost everyone else is in a recent or updated costume meanwhile Jean is stuck in the 60/70's. My opinion but the NXM garb even if recolored would have sent a stronger message for where he wanted her to be than covering half her face, and leaving most everywhere else exposed.

This is just for my sanity:

EDIT:

While thinking of the Jean costume issue I ran into an interview relating to the recent Giant Sized issue, Dauterman states the updated XM: Red change was all his idea. Hickman and the X-office said okay, but he stressed he wanted Jean in something modern!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-04-2020 at 05:37 PM.

BANNED

Costume regression to match the intended character regression. I'm expecting Hickman to do a story where the X-Men are fighting to the death and Jean just kinda doesn't try because she is so weak. Lol

I have a question. In your opinion, if Jean embraced the Phoenix in Resurrection, would she able to resurrect dead people, making the Krakoan resurrection protocols useless?

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I have a question. In your opinion, if Jean embraced the Phoenix in Resurrection, would she able to resurrect dead people, making the Krakoan resurrection protocols useless?
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Costume regression to match the intended character regression. I'm expecting Hickman to do a story where the X-Men are fighting to the death and Jean just kinda doesn't try because she is so weak. Lol
    I still don't get why do that, why ignore years of development.

The costume on giant size being Dauterman idea for a on eissue is dissapointing

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree. I loved the graveyard stuff as someone who played in them throughout my childhood. That was a good moment and one we need more of. I also agree Jean has all those elements to her personality that do not always get highlighted. I think Bendis did well with Teen Jean because she felt like the real one. She ha led the fiery temper, the compassion and the expanding powers that unnerved others. In a lot of ways I miss Teen Jean. I just wish Jean was more affected by her -like using the new form of her powers.

Hickman focuses a lot on Scott, but I’d like him to give Jean or Storm the same type of treatment.
    It would be nice if any writers gave Jean or Storm the kind of long-term attention their male counterparts receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We'll be called crazy, but even looking back at the promos for HOX/POX I can't think of a single reason Jean needed to be back in the green dress. Nothing is even being done with it to warrant it's use story wise, call me a conspirator but outside of X-force I don't think there's going to be push for her to do much. Most of her cameo will be with little dialogue or a bait and switch like Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I've actually thought about this a lot. Had Jean embraced the Phoenix, she would have the power to unilaterally decide who gets resurrected and who has to stay dead. The people resurrected would be limited to who Jean knows and who she cares about. These resurrection protocols are much more collaborative, so I see Jean being much more in favour of them because they don't just resurrect dead mutants they also organize a whole community. The resurrection Phoenix offered Jean was resurrection for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    We'll be called crazy, but even looking back at the promos for HOX/POX I can't think of a single reason Jean needed to be back in the green dress. Nothing is even being done with it to warrant it's use story wise, call me a conspirator but outside of X-force I don't think there's going to be push for her to do much. Most of her cameo will be with little dialogue or a bait and switch like Marauders.
    It's symbolic because when "Jean" "died" wearing that dress in the DPS, she was brought back through a copy (that was actually the original) that was kept in a pod/egg. Now all mutants can come back in a similar process.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's symbolic because when "Jean" "died" wearing that dress in the DPS, she was brought back through a copy (that was actually the original) that was kept in a pod/egg. Now all mutants can come back in a similar process.
    I guess that would make sense, but why would they insist on her still wearing it now then? And when asking why she was wearing it, Hickman said "I'm not gonna spoil the story for you", when HOX #5 had already came out...

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    She didnt die wearing that dress. She was in her Phoenix costume when she committed suicide

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess that would make sense, but why would they insist on her still wearing it now then? And when asking why she was wearing it, Hickman said "I'm not gonna spoil the story for you", when HOX #5 had already came out...
    Just to irritate her fandom...?
    She probably would have been in something more current by now if the fandom hadn't made such a big stink about it...and still do.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-05-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just to irritate her fandom...?
    Really? what would they gain from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think Hickman was talking about spoiling HOX#5

The weird thing is that only Jean is suing a really old outfit

To me the strangest thing is Jean calling herself Marvel Girl. Why not upgrade it to Marvel Woman like Sue did.