Page 71 of 432 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I wonder if she'll have pink powers like her red one or fiery ones
    probably pink. My guess is she will only get 1~2 skills changes from her x-men red costume, people seem upset she is getting another costume considering she has been at the top of the food chain for several months lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    On the topic of the Marvel Girl costume... It's coming on Future Fight
    I thought that was a joke. Yuck, hate that this is now permeating outside of the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    On the topic of the Marvel Girl costume... It's coming on Future Fight
    I had a feeling Future Fight would introduce the MG costume eventually, wonder if her power set will change much with this new costume?

Amazing Member

Looks like we're stuck with the MG costume for a while.

I like the Marvel Girl costume, but it feels outdated. The gloves specifically, good god. They really do look like dishwashing gloves.

I wonder why they didn't go with a more modern version of the costume. Age of X-Man had a very cool redesign of the MG outfit. I loved the little tiara Mike Hawthorne gave her ( though I would like to see a tweak to those boots as well)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I find it hilarious that a few years ago when discussing costumes for Jean, a dress was consistently shot down as it might de-age her. Yet in 19/20 here we are with Jean Grey not only back in a dress but in an exact replica of her 70's wear it's pretty crazy honestly!

This uniform represents for me everything wrong with Marvel Girl's representation : it's outdated. It has full mask covering her face. Washing gloves.
    This suit also is a symbol of those 60's housewives. Now Jean should even get this haircut women loved so much in this time, and we'll be full circle. And that codename... Jean was called Phoenix even when she didn't have Phoenix powers. She took the name to honor Rachel. She claimed the suit as a part of HER legacy. Marvel Girl is just regression to me.

If they absolutely don't want her to wear a Phoenix suit, they could design something close, like this (replace the phoenixy symbol on the sash by an X symbol and we're good)

Last edited by franckd; 03-06-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

I love this costume.

Now, maybe it's just me but perhaps her Marvel Girl costume regression isn't something that's a bad choice, what if it's another sign that Something Is Horrible Wrong in Krakatoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I love this costume.

Now, maybe it's just me but perhaps her Marvel Girl costume regression isn't something that's a bad choice, what if it's another sign that Something Is Horrible Wrong in Krakatoa.
    You mean it is Krakoa itself that makes the mutants regress?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    This uniform represents for me everything wrong with Marvel Girl's representation : it's outdated. It has full mask covering her face. Washing gloves.
    This suit also is a symbol of those 60's housewives. Now Jean should even get this haircut women loved so much in this time, and we'll be full circle. And that codename... Jean was called Phoenix even when she didn't have Phoenix powers. She took the name to honor Rachel. She claimed the suit as a part of HER legacy. Marvel Girl is just regression to me.

If they absolutely don't want her to wear a Phoenix suit, they could design something close, like this (replace the phoenixy symbol on the sash by an X symbol and we're good)

I do love this costume and colors!

It is "Phoenixy" but updated. On the other hand, it is not a Phoenix costume (take away the Phoenix on the sash)--just a cool '20's costume. Or keep the Phoenix on the sash as a special reminder of that time when Jean was all-powerful. It works in all 3 instances!

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post

A lot of costumes are better than the Marvel Girl one… but a lot of details are unnecessary: epaulettes, a different color on the side…

Is it so difficult to achieve elegance and simplicity?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t know about regress, but I think Krakoa is Up To Something.
    It’s trying to please everyone.
    Scott’s wish to have a happy family around him. Black Tom’s wish for his friend, Juggernaut (Krakoa grew a statue of him. Doug’s wish to have Warlock back as a separate entity. Kurt’s wish for a cathedral he can call home. There are probably more.

So what happens when those wishes become conflicting? If Logan doesn’t want to live on the moon? And why is Krakoa doing it? Is it doing it alone or with help?

Pertinent to this thread, what happens if Jean doesn’t want to be Marvel Girl any more? If she wants to be Phoenix?

Astonishing Member

That'd be my first guess but who knows.

A lot of costumes are better than the Marvel Girl one… but a lot of details are unnecessary: epaulettes, a different color on the side…

Is it so difficult to achieve elegance and simplicity?
    this is for a live action, that is why there is many details

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I find it hilarious that a few years ago when discussing costumes for Jean, a dress was consistently shot down as it might de-age her. Yet in 19/20 here we are with Jean Grey not only back in a dress but in an exact replica of her 70's wear it's pretty crazy honestly!
    I think it is the most disliked costume from Jean Grey and here we are

I liked Werneck’s sketch where the boot broke at the top of the knee, and the gold X was the same green as the body.